January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

REALLY big week for Villa this...

Well that's the kiss of death isn't it?

Any "big week for Villa" tends to end in tears in my (albeit relatively limited) experience...

Well that's the kiss of death isn't it?

Any "big week for Villa" tends to end in tears in my (albeit relatively limited) experience...

Its huge in every sense. On the field, off the field everything. If we don't strengthen then we're just going through the motions until relegation. I guess it may even effect the jobs of 'ordinary' folk at the club.

And why did they hate Lerner ?

Cause all he wants to do is to be able to say " I am one of the select group of people that can afford to owne a sports club "

He is not interested in doing anything with his club, just owning it is enough.

Yes, that definitely fits in with the profile of the man. 

I disagree with the idea that Randy just likes the idea of owning a sports team. Peter Pannu and his puppet master Carson Yeung are only holding to Blues because they that he owns a sports team and Pannu loves being Chief Exec or whatever he is...

Randy isn't perfect, but he is not the same

Lerner has a lot to answer for if he has driven us to this.

He has though hasn't he? We're crying out for any kind of professional to take control of our midfield. The loss of Stan has possibly been our biggest lost during the whole Premier League era, because we simply haven't replaced him, and have been left with a bunch of youngsters trying to run our team.

He has though hasn't he? We're crying out for any kind of professional to take control of our midfield. The loss of Stan has possibly been our biggest lost during the whole Premier League era, because we simply haven't replaced him, and have been left with a bunch of youngsters trying to run our team.

I blame Lambert for not replacing Petrov. We needed some experience in the centre. I guess he hoped KEA would replace him, but we need somebody there.

Maybe Danny Murphy isn't such a bad shout. :blink:

Bit off topic , but anyone watching Nigel Kennedy on Bbc breakfast this morning ? Got his a shirt on singing villa songs :) good lad !

Yeah seen it and Kennedy was asked about Lambert. However, he thought the chairman was more to blame for our current plight.

Oh yeah, Lambert gets a lot of the blame for not replacing Petrov in the summer. But I'd question whether he had the financial backing to bring in an adequate replacement. 

He spent 7m and 300k on two strikers we didn't need and then signed KEA.

Yeah seen it and Kennedy was asked about Lambert. However, he thought the chairman was more to blame for our current plight.

He spent 7m and 300k on two strikers we didn't need and then signed KEA.

I was thinking about this as I typed my message; we did need a striker and it was quite rightly our number 1 priority in the summer, along with signing a decent centre back. Both of which, we did. 

• Like 1