January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

If he dont get some players in i think we are the main favorites to go down...cant he see that our defence and midfield are a complete joke !??

I would say that the strike force are very good..but what can they do when the rest of the team are full of shit !?

Very dark days ahead of this once so great club.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8448673/Aston-Villa-owner-Randy-Lerner-backs-under-fire-manager-Paul-Lambert

It appears most have seen this but only just logged on so thought i'd post the link up for others getting in from work.

Quite liked reading this. At least he is saying something instead of leaving us all wondering if hes even remembered he owns a football club

Just like that, 10mill? If its that easy how about you stump it up?There has to be a cut off point at some point or there will always be a reason to spend this little but more or that little bit more.

Obviously the 10M was just an example but do you not think the financial implications of being relegated would make the chances of bankruptcy a lot more of a reality than spending a little extra now in an attempt to stay up?

Also I'm not a billionaire and have not mismanaged the finances of the club since owning it. Now if I had I would be doing everything in my power to correct the mistakes made before it gets even worse.

Surely the quotes at the bottom of the article were from Lambert and not Lerner?

Yes!!! For those who haven't seen the text, according to SSN, they have  Lerner finishing by saying, ""At this minute there's not much really happening. There's been guys we went for who have gone to other clubs.

"How many players are we short? There's a few. But I knew the remit of the job was to rebuild. To rebuild something you have to strip it right back.

"But if you are asking me if there will be a vast amount of money available during the rest of the transfer window, there won't be."

That is of course from Lambert's press conference - attributed to Lerner, it gently blows to smithereens the carefully crafted spin in his actual statement!

Did Lambert actually say he has no transfer funds?

I don't know but I get annoyed when fans suggest our lack of activity in Jan is to defend the long term financial health of the club. Non of us know the truth about our finances but we do know we look like we are going down. So we are will within our right to expect transfer activity to help keep us up.

I've come to believe that we aren't going to buy ANY players, so I think we need to get a few loans in to secure our prem status.

Few suggestions:
CB - Dawson?
LB/RB - Olsson? 
CDM - Mulumbu?
CAM - De Bruyne/ Marin/ Defour?
ST - Guidetti?
LW/RW - A.Young/ Sinclair/ N.Dyer?

Possibly not another ST, but I definitely think we need a CB & CDM/ CAM.
Edited by Adzy_Avfc

Defour loan, Yes please ! Him & Dale stephens would do very nicely. And achievable within our tight budget. Villa and defour have one thing in common already they both have a nice little memento in a signed letter from SAF to show the grand kids. Show surely that is a good sign and an omen lol.  

Can you tell us what the budget is?

Hutton off to Mallorca confirmed by Mallorca twitter and Kendrick.

So far in the window Hutton and Warnock out and that's all right?

Maybe this will free up some wages for loan players and the financial future of the club will still not be put in jeopardy by over spending.! (That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell)

Seems to me that RL is taking a huge gamble in that he is hoping that we will avoid relegation then have a mass clear out under PL in the summer and bring in a few more gems like Benteke, Vlaar, Westwood, etc. on lower wages than the deadwood we are carrying at the mo. Hope it works out that way...

Obviously the 10M was just an example but do you not think the financial implications of being relegated would make the chances of bankruptcy a lot more of a reality than spending a little extra now in an attempt to stay up?

Bankruptcy if relegated, why? Does football not exist and therefore money outside the premier league? Imagine if we stayed up without spunking money on shit loads of expensive flops (perhaps) imagine how that would do for us in the long term?

There has to be a cut off point at some stage, you say spend money to stay up fine we stay up but then dont have enough money to keep up the following season.. Or we spend and go down anyway which would be catastrophic!

Its so easy for fans to just do this or just do that, i imagine if you offered the average fan x amount of fancy dan named players but told them it 'might' jeopardise the future of the club they would still want the players.

I'm not saying we dont need players or shouldn't spend any money but its a very fine line and i'm pleased we're trying to be run properly so we actually have a club to support.

Yes!!! For those who haven't seen the text, according to SSN, they have  Lerner finishing by saying, ""At this minute there's not much really happening. There's been guys we went for who have gone to other clubs.

"How many players are we short? There's a few. But I knew the remit of the job was to rebuild. To rebuild something you have to strip it right back.

"But if you are asking me if there will be a vast amount of money available during the rest of the transfer window, there won't be."

That is of course from Lambert's press conference - attributed to Lerner, it gently blows to smithereens the carefully crafted spin in his actual statement!

Well, at least we now know that Lambert actually does see what we all see regarding the team and what it's lacking (watch him buy a striker now) i said that). Also, both statements point towards us spending some money., albeit not megabucks.