January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Is it true that Faulkner said.

"Randy does business honorably. He's not putting in his money, so why should the fans?

Season tickets holders can have a 50% refund for all remaining matches.

Basically everything is now what we'll Quiters half price, so tickets, shirts all things Villa.

The Discount doen't include the price of Beer and Pies,"

Can't remember where I got the alleged quote from...

Can anyone confirm this honorable admission of failure?

Hold on a mo - your quoting then asking if it is true ? 

i was wondering if there was any talk on here of warnock going to wet spam

tbh, i find it quite cheeky that theyre signing him on a free, yes we want him off the books, yes hes got 6 months on his contract, but every single player whilst under a contract has a value, we should of at least got £500k out of 'villa mark 2', it would make sense to sell an assist than give away an asset

Would probably save 500k in wages by the end of those 6 months so there's your 500k right there!

we do spend far too much time on here getting angry about wages and speculating bitterly what players earn, and no-one outside of Randy, Faulkner and Lambert knows what any individual player is being payed, anyone who says otherwise is speculating. All players are paid to much, and clubs like ours i.e. not in London or Manchester have to pay more in wages and on cut throat scum agents to attract players to the club. MON threw a lot of money around, but had he not done so we probably wouldn't have been able to sign some half decent players as when he came to the club we were..... well where we are now, but his crime was the fact he kept doing that even when we should have invested abroad and in bringing in players for the future.

I'm not saying it isn't evident that we have massively overpaid in wages in the last five years, but I don't think we are now operating wildly above the market boundaries, the gamble to survive mentality is rife throughout the premiership. There are only around eight clubs that have the kind of infrastructure, following and international turnover to stay within realistic financial boundaries (but even Man Utd are mortgaged to the hilt, as are Liverpool, Chelsea are a paper castle propped up by Roman's oil money and so on and so on).

But next season clubs get huge amounts of money from the new TV deal I just can't see why Lerner is playing hardball over survival. Granted if Lambert wanted to spend another 23 mil, then i can see why Lerner would say no, but bringing in a player on high wages with a relegation clause plus a loanee is a no brainer.

we do spend far too much time on here getting angry about wages and speculating bitterly what players earn, and no-one outside of Randy, Faulkner and Lambert knows what any individual player is being payed, anyone who says otherwise is speculating. All players are paid to much, and clubs like ours i.e. not in London or Manchester have to pay more in wages and on cut throat scum agents to attract players to the club. MON threw a lot of money around, but had he not done so we probably wouldn't have been able to sign some half decent players as when he came to the club we were..... well where we are now, but his crime was the fact he kept doing that even when we should have invested abroad and in bringing in players for the future.

I'm not saying it isn't evident that we have massively overpaid in wages in the last five years, but I don't think we are now operating wildly above the market boundaries, the gamble to survive mentality is rife throughout the premiership. There are only around eight clubs that have the kind of infrastructure, following and international turnover to stay within realistic financial boundaries (but even Man Utd are mortgaged to the hilt, as are Liverpool, Chelsea are a paper castle propped up by Roman's oil money and so on and so on).

But next season clubs get huge amounts of money from the new TV deal I just can't see why Lerner is playing hardball over survival. Granted if Lambert wanted to spend another 23 mil, then i can see why Lerner would say no, but bringing in a player on high wages with a relegation clause plus a loanee is a no brainer.

It can only be that he isn't interested anymore. CL, PL, or championship - hes not overly bothered either way

It can only be that he isn't interested anymore. CL, PL, or championship - hes not overly bothered either way

I guess he remains a Billionaire and has his life in USA either way. I do not understand why he is not putting the club up for sale. Does he enjoy seeing us mere mortals suffer?

Maybe he is angry about the way we spoke to his good pal the general and is taking revenge. Signing Alex Mcleish wasn't enough to break us so he is now attempting relegation so we really feel the pain.

I sort of agree but then i think to myself he's sold the Browns and invested a hell of a lot of money in the club and he must have some kind of pride and love for football or else why did he bother in the first place?

I can see why he has had enough of spunking money up the wall but this is not the time to take a stand, he can do that when we are safe. As many have pointed out Warnock and Dunne are out of contract in the summer. Hutton isn't on big wages either.

We need competent, experienced and talented players and to get that you have to pay 40K plus, if you pay less than that you get half the shower of shit we currently have dragging us down. The hate campaign against Ireland, Zog and Bent because in some people's eyes they have not lived up to the hype is a bit over the top, but the bottom line is we need to back them and play them if we are to have any chance of moving them on.

The club is probably for sale. The problem is that Randy believes the club is worth all the money he put into it, whereas the reality is its nowhere near that amount.

Probably in the year before MON left, he could have sold it more easily and perhaps even made a profit.

You might be right, PB. As soon as the high earners are shifted, he might sell. How else to you explain not strengthening in this transfer window when we're in free fall. Scary prospect though. The devil you don't know, etc.

I reckon he is merely preparing for a sale & he thought 20m in the summer would keep us half way up the table by this point..As it is he has seen how bad we are & just thought "stuff this" & rather than invest any more just decided to give up, pull the plug & then sell up asap & if we go down so be it... I reckon if we do he'll just sell as many players as he can like Benteke, Bent etc & then sell up cutting his losses.  I just cannot fathom any other scenario.

If we stay up great he gets a huge windfall & weighs things up again at that point maybe?

• Like 1

I can't see him selling at all. There's no way someone will buy the club and pay off all the loans. That would be about £250m (guess). No sane business man will buy AVFC for that much unless they are Man City rich, which just will not happen.

I just think he genuinely wants to rebuild the club, and is willing to drop down into the championship to do it. 

Edited by PieFacE

I can't see him selling at all. There's no way someone will buy the club and pay off all the loans. That would be about £250m (guess). No sane business man will buy AVFC for that much unless they are Man City rich, which just will not happen.

Can’t see him selling, doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to sell.

He bought a run down mansion. Did it up, and then decided he couldn’t be bothered with the up keep. Now its back to its original state, yet he wants all the money he put in to be reflected in its sale. 

• Like 2

Can’t see him selling, doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to sell.

He bought a run down mansion. Did it up, and then decided he couldn’t be bothered with the up keep. Now its back to its original state, yet he wants all the money he put in to be reflected in its sale. 

Well if it's his mentality that he just wants to sell the club without making a loss and he thinks it will be easy to do so when in the Championship then he is an incredibly stupid person. Borderline insane. Though, I suspect he has a vision for the club, the vision is just running in a "worst case scenario" situation currently. 

i was wondering if there was any talk on here of warnock going to wet spam

tbh, i find it quite cheeky that theyre signing him on a free, yes we want him off the books, yes hes got 6 months on his contract, but every single player whilst under a contract has a value, we should of at least got £500k out of 'villa mark 2', it would make sense to sell an assist than give away an asset

It's not really a 'free' as he's in contract and not asked for a transfer, we'll have to give him a big pay off (probably have to pay his contract up at least).

It's not really a 'free' as he's in contract and not asked for a transfer, we'll have to give him a big pay off (probably have to pay his contract up at least).

And may be not as he is going for free which could mean no pay off. I mean no transfer fee = no pay off that wetspam will take care of it.