January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Im not saying i wouldnt take him. I said i wasnt sure myself. Most definately better than what we have. However, I would prefer we go in for a more proven season campaigner. Lets face it.. if he was any good.. he would have played more than 2 seasons at a high level by the time hes 30. I just hope hes 5th choice DM on Lamberts list.

Well my hope if we were trying to get him is that we were also after a more attack minded/box-to-box midfielder. Personally I think we need two CMs.

Arshavin, Chris Brunt & Hangeland are all free in the summer, if they aren't offered new contracts from their clubs. (I don't think arsenal will give Arshavin a new contract) I would definitely sign him and stick him CAM... his lazy but top class on the ball, as he showed in the euro's for russia.

I remember hearing Derek Boateng had been colossal for Dnipro in the Europa leauge this seaspm. They topped there group with Napoli and PSV convincingly by 6 points. I personally think he'd be a very good signing for us at this moment in time, alongside maybe another midfielder.

Arshavin, Chris Brunt & Hangeland are all free in the summer, if they aren't offered new contracts from their clubs. (I don't think arsenal will give Arshavin a new contract) I would definitely sign him and stick him CAM... his lazy but top class on the ball, as he showed in the euro's for russia.

We will be relegated by then im afraid. We really need something now, but i can't see it happening.

We will be relegated by then im afraid. We really need something now, but i can't see it happening.

Personally i believe we'll just edge it out the relegation zone, just like last season. We will see who's opinion is more realistic come the end of the transfer window, but i'll stick to my word nevertheless.

Forget Michael Johnson.

Think women's football league. Nobody's tapped it yet.

Villa can be first.

First to hire a female player. Add it to our list of achievements as a club - best academy, best ground, best community programme, best for women players.

Start with something a bit more passionate and nastier that we got... this girl is superb.

1257848081_elizabeth-lambert_soccer_bully.gif

Yes lets sign up someone who beats up mormons haha.

what have i missed regarding Dale Stephens? Every day i came on it was a done deal, yet we are approaching our 4th game in january without him coming in.

I am getting pretty fed up with Villa as a club now to be honest. Furious with the managerial appointments of recent until Lambert came in, but he's come in to effectively keep a championship team in the premiership. I do put the blame on him though, with 20 million you can easily buy some young unproven players from lower leagues, then balance it out with some experienced quality coming in.

Are they actually doing anything? It seems like a massive lack of effort to bring in players is happening right now. The areas of the team that needed addressing were blindingly obvious around the start of october, the search should have started then. You can sign someone on the first day of the window, that shouldn't be when you start considering options. Exactly what are they doing?

Edited by skarroki

Personally i believe we'll just edge it out the relegation zone, just like last season. We will see who's opinion is more realistic come the end of the transfer window, but i'll stick to my word nevertheless.

I think last season was our wake up call,unfortunately,somebody pressed snooze and went back to sleep.

what have i missed regarding Dale Stephens? Every day i came on it was a done deal, yet we are approaching our 4th game in january without him coming in.

Depending on who you ask:

1. You've missed nothing. Nothing has happened.

or

2. We've signed Dale Stephens but he's still chained in the Charlton club basement.

I remember hearing Derek Boateng had been colossal for Dnipro in the Europa leauge this seaspm. They topped there group with Napoli and PSV convincingly by 6 points. I personally think he'd be a very good signing for us at this moment in time, alongside maybe another midfielder.

They did romp their group, finishing top with 15pts over PSV and Napoli but I can't find any evidence of Boateng being involved. According to Soccerway, he's only been in 2 matches this season (both league) logging a grand total of 146 minutes.

http://www.soccerway.com/players/derek-boateng/619/

They did romp their group, finishing top with 15pts over PSV and Napoli but I can't find any evidence of Boateng being involved. According to Soccerway, he's only been in 2 matches this season (both league) logging a grand total of 146 minutes.

http://www.soccerway...ek-boateng/619/

He was linked with a move away during the summer because he had experienced racism, IINM. I guess that would possibly explain that.

Forgot spelling mistakes even mattered on a internet forum and everyone got a jerk off from it <_< Meant someone who can bring an aura of command to the midfield of current.

If your not being a troll or trying to be funny why would you want Michael Johnson? Are you completely oblivious about him and just throwing his name out because you heard he was going to be the next "big thing" several years ago?

OK, I know we are all just throwing names out there that we would like to sign but I really dont see the point in mentioning people like Boateng as the African Nations cup starts on Saturday so if he's going to that then we lose him for a month and if not, why not?

If we signed Johnson (who pretty much indicated he has retired) then he would not be match fit until at least next season so we can stop talking about him as well.

Every transfer window our name gets thrown into the hat for every player because we havent had a complete team for years yet we hardly ever sign the players we've been linked with so we are basically in the dark as we have no clue who is on PL's list. My guess is that he is looking at players from Belgium, Holland & Scandinavia in general as that is where we did the most scouting so I hope we are looking at another Vlaar coming in.