January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Beckham and Keane? Really? Both might have the experience but I'd be extremely doubtful if either could cut it in the Premier League now. I was shocked by Keane last season but another year has gone by since then.

We need a Hangeland at the back, an M'Vila in midfield and a Coutinho further forward. Lampard would not leave Chelsea this month to move to us for a shit load less money per week.

How unrealistic would a £3m bid for Frank Lampard be?

Chelsea have publicly said they won't be offering him a new deal so he would be off in the summer anyway. At his age not many real big clubs would be after him so I dont think its entirely unrealistic that he wouln't come here.

Well forums are about opinions, and I would say it would be entirely unrealistic for him to come here. Why would he? He has offers from probably 60 clubs around the world and many of them can offer serious money. Why would he end his career in Birmingham for a relegation candidate? He can go to the Far East, Miami, Brazil, Russia, Spain, Italy, you name it. Wherever he wants to go and live, he can take his family with him and make a few more millions. I am pretty sure his wife don't want to move from London to Birmingham, when the club in question is poor and the money irrelevant.

As much as we need defensive signings IN ASAP & the club are looking to bring in CB & CM ASAP

We seriously need to get rid of Stephen Ireland & Darren Bent

THIS club hasn't been same since Ireland walked through door & now he's joined by Darren Bent.

They are the poison in the dressing room that MM talked about Im convinced - 1 manager had a heart attack & the other got the sack

It's honestly worth giving them their pay offs - because as soon as they leave - things will get an uplift!

EgoBent is the first Villa Player I have EVER know go to use the media to try & manipulate a move

Two bad articles about how badly run our club is & he's got them ALL beleiving we're going down & we're broke

The press are totally and utterly manipulated, you can't even reason with Matt Law. That article made no sense - Relegation clauses?

TRUST me I've seen it ALL before - you only need 1 person like this & they can cause mayhem we have 2.

NEVER has a player stooped to these lows to get what he wants blabbing off to the press about how bad it's all run.

He's evil & if I didn't know better I'd say he deliberately missed that goal last night to get what he wants.

Ireland's last start was so bad he was booed off.

These two get paid £3M a year!! Yet how much effort do they put in compared to those Bradford lads?

Honeslty it would be worth paying them off just to get rid!

Until they're gone I don't care who we sign we'll be on the way down if they're anywhere near our club.

Lambert does not strike me as the guy who would stand for that, surely he would be aware of anyhting like this if it were true., i dont think he missed it on purpose, commentator said it spot on, he jumped too soon and was on his way down and ball was still in the air, he had to make contact, why would he have scored against ipswich then?

He's evil & if I didn't know better I'd say he deliberately missed that goal last night to get what he wants.

I think you may have lost the plot here. Bent is evil and is deliberately missing goals?

Beckham and Keane? Really? Both might have the experience but I'd be extremely doubtful if either could cut it in the Premier League now. I was shocked by Keane last season but another year has gone by since then.

We need a Hangeland at the back, an M'Vila in midfield and a Coutinho further forward. Lampard would not leave Chelsea this month to move to us for a shit load less money per week.

You could be right but if Giggs and Scholes can still do it then surely Becks can seeing as hes always been one of the fittest players about. Ok his legs probably arent what they were but I bet he can still put the ball on a blade of grass from 50 yards, he can read the game and his work rate is immense. Not forgetting the experience he would bring. If he couldnt help us get a few points against some fellow relegation candidates then i'd be surprised. It kind of irrelevant anyway seeing as he probably wouldnt come but at least we would be seen to be actually trying to avoid relegation instead of rolling over and being kicked out of the premiership!

Lambert does not strike me as the guy who would stand for that, surely he would be aware of anyhting like this if it were true., i dont think he missed it on purpose, commentator said it spot on, he jumped too soon and was on his way down and ball was still in the air, he had to make contact, why would he have scored against ipswich then?

What Lambert feels about him in private is one thing - he has to talk things up as you'd never sell. He's obviously not happy as who leaked that info & why??!!

We've had two articles - one saying Darren Bent has clauses in his contract so he can't play in a PL game & other mentions his wages.

Maybe he didn't miss - but please answer the question WHAT other Villa Player has EVER gone to media like this & talk about contracts & clauses.

In all the years I've been a Villa supporter I've NEVER EVER seen a player try and get a move and his pay off using these tactics

I think you may have lost the plot here. Bent is evil and is deliberately missing goals?

Maybe he didn't but his lack of effort was there for all to see - Stephen Ireland was so bad he was booed off.

Strong words indeed JulieB.....but surely thats not the ideal way to put yourself in the shop window, missing sitters, is it?

I've lost a lot of faith in Darren Bent, but thats a pretty bold statement to make.

Sorry Julie. I feel your pain (we all do) but I think you're wide of the mark there. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but in the instance I fear you might be overdoing the conspiracy theories somewhat. To say Matt Law can't be reasoned with when all he did was state he thought the club was being run badly (and in the process was called bigoted and told that Gabby was gonna get him) is nonsense. The thread is there for all to see on twitter and he is about the only one involved who comes out with any merit.

I'm presuming you ave hard evidence for your claims re Bent & Ireland! I'm not even going to ask you to tell what hat evidence is but when you say "I believe", the only conclusion I can draw is that you're speculating that they're rotten apples based on the fact that Matt Law cited an unnamed source.

I won't dissect your entire post but guesting hat Houllier had a heart attack because of the poison that is Bent & Ireland really does you no credit. I normally enjoy your posts here but I think at the moment you need to step back a little.

She doesn't.

Seriously??!!!- Matt Law corrected someone on twitter who said Bent gets more than that the article is rubbish - Matt Law tweeted back

NO it's £65K per week + bonuses. That's intimate knowledge

Are you really thinking that information came from the Doris the tea lady?

How would a journo know this unless someone had leaked this info?

Can you blame Bent for being pissed off??

He scores at the weekend then gets dropped. Wonderful.

I'd be pissed off too, but to say he's missing open goals on purpose is the most deluded statement I've seen since someone said Paul Lambert was a good manager.

Can you blame Bent for being pissed off??

He scores at the weekend then gets dropped. Wonderful.

I'd be pissed off too, but to say he's missing open goals on purpose is the most deluded statement I've seen since someone said Paul Lambert was a good manager.

There's been loads of rumours & of course there's the tweet from one of his team mates on a protected account which I've seen. The word Judaaaaas was used

as well.

Lambert will not stand for it - but maybe it's a boil that had to be lanced. If he's a top bloke then he'll play on Saturday and we're keeping him.

Is anyone seriously telling me that a player isn't involved or his representatives when a journo has intimate details of his contract?

Maybe he didn't miss - but please answer the question WHAT other Villa Player has EVER gone to media like this & talk about contracts & clauses.

In all the years I've been a Villa supporter I've NEVER EVER seen a player try and get a move and his pay off using these tactics

I seem to remember similar stories in the press regarding GazBaz and Curtis Davies too. In both instances the stories were that they weren't being played because it would cost the club more money. By your logic they both came from the player too?

It' seems pure speculation on your part Julie and that's fine but you seem to be dressing it up as fact. I'm sure Kendrick or Father Abraham could have a good stab at Bent's wages but that wouldn't necessarily mean he's been "bleating" to them.

Until we get rid of the 4 smurfs in CM and LB we are going to keep conceeding bucket loads. No CB's would be able to cope with the bombardment coming through, not even Laursen and McGrath as partnership.

Sissoko has just decided to go to AFCON with Mali so that rules his 3 mill move out.