January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

What is wrong with DB's supposed wages of £65k per week? Seems about right to me (relative to other players and the brown stuff we were in at the time etc.). Why is it news worthy?

Anyway, back on topic. Have we signed any experienced defenders yet?

The crac was Bent was off to Fulham before the window opened...

Villa would want a transfer request as he wanted to leave.

He's just spat his dummy out cos he wants his pay off.no idea what's happening with SI...

Let's just see on that one shall we.

Let's just wait & see on Dale Stephens.

Unless of course there's more pressing concerns with other deals...which is maybe a more positive spin.

Possibly waiting for PF to get back from Ikea with an unknown number of chairs for the press conference. :D

• Like 2

The crac was Bent was off to Fulham before the window opened...

Villa would want a transfer request as he wanted to leave.

He's just spat his dummy out cos he wants his pay off.no idea what's happening with SI...

Let's just see on that one shall we.

Let's just wait & see on Dale Stephens.

This is one of the first posts of yours I have understood.

I enjoy reading your posts Julie and have no doubt that you do get to pick up some interesting Villa / football related facts which you like to pass on to the point where if I am scanning through the forums I would always stop and read yours, however the posts from the last few days at times might have made perfect sense to you but to me have read like the ramblings of someone suffering some kind of meltdown.

I hope I am wrong and you are OK.

Possibly waiting for PF to get back from Ikea with an unknown number of chairs for the press conference. :D

But he forget the bourbon biscuits & Doris has kicked off!

Seriously guys ...lol I've posted an update ITK & I'm being interrogated.

Odds have dropped on Bent to Fulham

Why haven't they then....He is in Brum honestly & he will be unveiled.

Some possibilities:

There are still negotiations ongoing with the club

There are still negotiations going on with the player

The medical isn't complete

He's visiting some friends/family

Villa are busy doing deals with other players

Villa want to announce several signings together

or

He isn't here at all and someone is BS'ing on twitter

But he forget the bourbon biscuits & Doris has kicked off!

Seriously guys ...lol I've posted an update ITK & I'm being interrogated.

Odds have dropped on Bent to Fulham

Keep it coming Julie!! I like reading it.

It beats another...."so who would you sign if" post any day of the week.

Edited by villan_007

And you know this how? Someone on twitter has said? I think you believe too much of what you read.

lol seriously guys. I am not telling you but it does not come from twitter I can assure you!!

It is on twitter though as well - but my info is from elsewhere!

Chill he's coming.

I'm all for anyone posting rumours and snipppets of ITK info. But when you post things as facts you will always get asked "how do you know this". Otherwise it's just another rumour.

lol seriously guys. I am not telling you but it does not come from twitter I can assure you!!

Chill he's coming.

Cheers for info anyway.

Players that need to leave in the summer, Given, dunne, bennet, stevens, lichaj, herd, delph, KEA, bannan, albrighton, nzogbia, ireland, agbonlahor, bent, Makoun, Warnock, Hutton, Other than bent, none of the rest inspire me if they were sitting on the bench, not good enough for the first team, not many of them would find another prem club either, such is the sad state of our squad

I have edited your post and added 3 more players to that list of whom could be leaving.

I am willing to give Bennet, Lowton, Lihaj, Herd, KEA, Bannan and Agbonlahor all till atleast the end of the season before casting judgement on there abilitys and futures.

Of the remaining 10 players they definately need to be shipped out between now and the summer and believe they all will be.

supermon, it would be impossible to ship out all those players in one go and replace them all at the same time, you would be looking at one transfer a day between friendlies, training sessions, days off, holidays, etc, 5 at most leaving as a guestimate

most of those will just sit on contracts till expiry

I disagree and believe that some of the exits of the 10 players might start in January and howevers remaining in the summer.

(Given, Dunne, Warnock, Hutton, Makoun, Delph, Albrighton, Ireland, N'Zogbia & Bent,)

Now whether it is-

• Being put on loan till end of the season then sold.
  • Just releasing them of there contracts with a pay off. (Cole / Liverplop)
  • Continueing to stay to play a bit part at the club but then sold at the end of the season.
  • or sold now in the January window.

I will be very suprised if these 10 players are still here come the start of next season.

It is not really alot of players considering the amount of wages we free up having these players gone and roughly around 20m in fee's when they are sold it will allow us to replace them with more players with better quality on half the money.

He's a nice lad too apparently very down to earth & Addicks think he's StevieG of the Championship

We weren't dissappointed with Westwood at all.

But what an attitude & professional way of handling things. Quietly not using the press to get his move.

Chill he's coming.

Am I right in saying that you know one of Stephens teammates at Charlton or someone who works at that club as I would imagine you'd have more nuggets on other targets if your source is someone at VP?

Another eventful day down at VP transfer wise by the looks of it

These players who are going to save our season must be hammering the door down trying to join our illustrious club

Edited by AshVilla

If he didn't moan or complain despite being really disappointed how do you know about it?

Did u read anything in the papers about DS?

Did Chris Powell spend question after question at PCs asking about why he wasn't been played, were there any clauses in his contract?

Bla bla bla bla.

Was DS salary printed in a Mirror Article alerting any clubs to his availability & the actualy salary he was on at AVFC?

Alerting any potential bidders of his worth

No he hadn't even spoken to this teammates - they suspected but he'd kept it all to himself.

On Jan 1 one of his team mates got it out of him.

There's a difference.& I know which player I would like at my club if I was Lambert.

Edited by JulieB