January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Did u read anything in the papers about DS?

Did Chris Powell spend question after question at PCs asking about why he wasn't been played, were there any clauses in his contract?

Bla bla bla bla.

Was DS salary printed in a Mirror Article alerting any clubs to his availability & the actualy salary he was on at AVFC?

Alerting any potential bidders of his worth

No he hadn't even spoken to this teammates - they suspected but he'd kept it all to himself.

On Jan 1 one of his team mates got it out of him.

There's a difference.& I know which player I would like at my club if I was Lambert.

Wouldn't Bent's agent(s) let potential bidders know of his availability and what sort of salary he'd be looking for? Would seem more plausible than leaking a story to a journalist.

Did Chris Powell spend question after question at PCs asking about why he wasn't been played, were there any clauses in his contract?

Bla bla bla bla.

Was DS salary printed in a Mirror Article alerting any clubs to his availability & the actualy salary he was on at AVFC?

There's a difference.& I know which player I would like at my club if I was Lambert.

You got 20million pund striker in a team that's struggeling who's not being used. It's been evident that Aston Villa FC are cutting costs for a few years now. The questions Chris Powell asked on the press conference, has been asked here by different poster for quite some time. Why on earth wouldn't a journalist ask these question at a press conference? He wouldn't need to be called up on a secret phone number in the middle of the night by Darren Bent to come up with these questions, some plain old reasoning would do it. The Mirror printed his salary? Really? And you know for a fact that they were spot on the numbers when they printed his salary? That it wasn't some speculative journalism? The numbers looked quite close to the numbers that's been thrown around here. Even if you're right, how do you know it's DB that's informing the press? Might be somone else close to him, friend, family, accountant etc. etc. Yet you post posts here as if it's all facts while in truth you're just posting some far out conclusions based on, well I don't know.

Bent to Sunderland will not happen. The fans were abusing his mum (allegedly) so he left. Can't see him going back there.

Saying that if they gave us £10m and wiped off any outstanding debt we may owe them it could be worth it. Then get in Coutinho, M'Vila, Hangeland, Hooper and Stephens.

We're gonna need more than Dale to pull clear of the drop zone.

Quite. We're gonna need Chip at the very least.

Monterrey Jack and Gadget Hackwrench too if we want the full Rescue Ranger team.

• Like 1

Wouldn't Bent's agent(s) let potential bidders know of his availability and what sort of salary he'd be looking for? Would seem more plausible than leaking a story to a journalist.

FWIW please ignore if it offends:-

JulieBsTwithcraft update lol burn her!!

Quelle Suprise...

All over twitter that Bent is off somwehere. £14M from Arsenal down to selling him to Notts Forest.to Fulham even Sunderland

Good riddance! Didn't think Lambert would stand for his nonsense in the dressing room. I didn't say anything but Lambert had him training

with the kids the first time he went to the press - I've been told he hates the site of him & hasn't spoken to him since October

Gabby detests him.

Poison...But fair play to Lambert he's defelected it all so he could go but on Lamberts terms not his I hope!

Rumours of his WAG history are epic...lol I heard some more last night & that's causing ructions in our dressing room too if it's true.

Dale Stephens has bought a flat it's all been professionally & amicably sorted under the radar but will train with Charlton unitil it

annouced because Villa have more pressing stuff to sort ie Defence

Which is good news for me!

Edited by JulieB

Quelle Suprise...

All over twitter that Bent is off somwehere. £14M from Arsenal down to selling him to Notts Forest.to Fulham even Sunderland

Good riddance! Didn't think Lambert would stand for his nonsense in the dressing room. I didn't say anything but Lambert had him training

with the kids the first time he went to the press - I've been told he hates the site of him & hasn't spoken to him since October

Gabby detests him.

Poison...But fair play to Lambert he's defelected it all so he could go but on Lamberts terms not his I hope!

Rumours of his WAG history are epic...lol I heard some more last night & that's causing ructions in our dressing room too if it's true.

Really runs off to twitter ....

talksport: Bent to return to sunderland, please be true. get that dead weight out asap then bring in the fresh raw talent (coutinho) :D

Coutinho? If we are to buy with limited funds this month we need to do so on midfielders and defenders. The strikers are fine. Bent, Benteke, Weimann and Gabby are all capable enough. When you've got league 1 material in Delph and Bannan supposedly pulling the strings in midfield you've got no chance. Same goes for the defence. Doesn't take a genius to work out we need experienced players.

As far as I'm aware Dale is supposed to be training with his Charlton teammates tomorrow. Hence I was hoping to get some more information tomorrow because they have had a day off today. However, wouldnt surprise me if what Julie says is true as I have been told he was organising the move to Villa, i.e. looking for temporary accomodation (probably with the help of that lady that works at Villa - guessing tho). However, I will let you know more tomorrow and if he is at training. If he isnt then I guess there may be substance that a move may be close. I cant see why Villa would delay a transfer though.

Bla bla bla bla.

No he hadn't even spoken to this teammates - they suspected but he'd kept it all to himself.

On Jan 1 one of his team mates got it out of him.

Thing is Dale Stephens would hardly be surprising. and For example if Dale Stephens was left out or had a row with his manager - its hardly back page news is it ?

There have been observations that his form this season hasn't been great - and that he is biding his time for a move to villa\elsewhere - so him knuckling down and get on with it, seems dependent on who you ask.

He might well becoming - but what Journo x said to Journo y (or didn't) doesn't come into IMHO

Quelle Suprise...

Gabby detests him.

Dale Stephens has bought a flat it's all been professionally & amicably sorted under the radar but will train with Charlton unitil it

Do you have any proof to back up the drivel you have just posted?

There were clauses of sell on to Sunderland after appearances 50 but not £6M

But Bent exaggerated the amount it wasa few million less than that...so technically Sunderland & Lambert didn't lie when denied

Sent him to train with kids & stripped him of captaincy. Consequently he ain't played another PL fixture has he??!!

he demanded a payrise can you beleive to stay at Villa Park & help us stay up

= he's only on £3M or they had to sell him but pay off his contract - He was off to Fulham to be with Uncle Martin.

Lambert told him to F*** Off he didn't have to do anything

But he did play him in the Cup & Cup tied him cos they obviously wanted a transfer request off him so he's kicked off again to the Press

Can you imagine how angry the club & Lambert are?

Edited by JulieB

= he's only on £3M or they had to sell him but pay off his contract - He was off to Fulham to be with Uncle Martin.

Sounds like nonsense to me to be honest.

Quelle Suprise...

Gabby detests him.

Your posts remind of the awful celebrity gossip pages in the middle of the tabloid newspapers.

They make no sense, have no proof and after David Moyes and Peter Whiitingham I'm not sure you have the credibility to post your rumours as facts.

Journalists weren't asking lambert about bent because of some stupid conspiracy theory. They were constantly asking because we were losing, not scoring goals and one of the best goal scorers in the league was being left out of the squad. You don't even have to be a journalist to know in that situation that's the story to ask the manager.

I used to think the ignore feature on this site was quite a pathetic addition but its really starting to appeal to me.

There were clauses of sell on to Sunderland after appearances 50 but not £6M

But Bent exaggerated the amount it wasa few million less than that...so technically Sunderland & Lambert didn't lie when denied

Sent him to train with kids & stripped him of captaincy. Consequently he ain't played another PL fixture has he??!!

But he did play him in the Cup & Cup tied him cos they obviously wanted a transfer request off him so he's kicked off again to the Press

Can you imagine how angry the club & Lambert are?

More twitter drivel....