January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Can you blame Bent for being pissed off??

He scores at the weekend then gets dropped. Wonderful.

I'd be pissed off too, but to say he's missing open goals on purpose is the most deluded statement I've seen since someone said Paul Lambert was a good manager.

Well then let him go if he's pissed off. All of this only kicked off during the transfer window & the other article appears about

clause being in contract to say he can't play PL games day after he'd been dropped from the squad,

The captaincy was given to Vlaar as well afterwards.

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory if they're both unhappy let them go & IMHO ASAP. Only if that's the case then as DBs wages have been intimately

disclosed to the press that means Aston Villa paying his contract up until 2015 at £3M a year.

In my book that's £8 to £9Million..that's alot of money more than we paid for Benteke - so perhaps the club are not very happy to do that.

I seem to remember similar stories in the press regarding GazBaz and Curtis Davies too. In both instances the stories were that they weren't being played because it would cost the club more money. By your logic they both came from the player too?

It' seems pure speculation on your part Julie and that's fine but you seem to be dressing it up as fact. I'm sure Kendrick or Father Abraham could have a good stab at Bent's wages but that wouldn't necessarily mean he's been "bleating" to them.

Mat Kendrick, Father Abraham or James Nursey wouldn't give details like that in an article

Matt Law was the journo who Lambert had snapped at after Stoke game - Have you swallowed a negative pill? in front of all the press.

Pat Murphy & quite a few tweeted about it - so maybe he was better option!

What a stupid story though - relegation clauses.

The question I put to the journos is would Darren Bent & the others mentioned have come to Villa if we'd been negotiating relegation clauses in their contracts?

Does Robin Van Persie have a relegation clause in his contract?

Well then let him go if he's pissed off. All of this only kicked off during the transfer window & the other article appears about

clause being in contract to say he can't play PL games day after he'd been dropped from the squad,

The captaincy was given to Vlaar as well afterwards.

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory if they're both unhappy let them go & IMHO ASAP. Only if that's the case then as DBs wages have been intimately

disclosed to the press that means Aston Villa paying his contract up until 2015 at £3M a year.

In my book that's £8 to £9Million..that's alot of money more than we paid for Benteke - so perhaps the club are not very happy to do that.

Also if you notice - Darren Bent played on Saturday in the FA Cup game - that means if he was pissed off & wanted a move Lambert had

had cup tied him.

The next day we get that story about ticking time bomb £17M if we're relegated...

Let's see what happens on this one...............

Exactly, re

What a stupid story though - relegation clauses.

The question I put to the journos is would Darren Bent & the others mentioned have come to Villa if we'd been negotiating relegation clauses in their contracts?

Does Robin Van Persie have a relegation clause in his contract?

Exactly Julie, lets just say for example we get Lescott round a table to talk terms. There is no chance in a million years that any decent player is going to sign a contract with Villa if in 6 months time he's going to take a 50% pay cut. No chance.

An article appears in the press - how do you know its Darren Bent ?

Because his reported wages are correct ? - which can never be verfied

Because his knows about clauses in other players contracts

Most probably a journo speculating.

An article appears in the press - how do you know its Darren Bent ?

Because his reported wages are correct ? - which can never be verfied

Because his knows about clauses in other players contracts

Most probably a journo speculating.

Surely we didnt just look at Vlaar when we were scouting pre-season, we must have had a shortlist of CB's in Holland/Scandinavia. Who else was on it? There must be another Mellberg over there waiting to be snapped up! Vlaar came out of nowhere for us, I'm hoping there will be a repeat of that along with Coutinho, Gouffran and M'Vila.

In the meantime we may as well accept any offers on Given, Bent, Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, Ireland, N'Zogbia & Makoun as none of them play much, make no effort when they do and are costing the club too much in wages.

Wot ?

Let me get this right - you think Bent was pissed off because he played on saturday ?

...so he got straight on the phone to a journo - and put a story out about players contracts

Wouldn't he just call his agent and say get me a move ?

We signed Mellberg from a Spanish Team though so looking in Sweden wouldnt help :)

What I should have said is that there must be another big scandinavian CB knocking about that we can snap up like we did with Vlaar. I didnt actually mean he had to be Swedish and the reference to Mellberg was an example of the type of player I would like to see come in.

How many apperances for Bent now?

Exactly!

Exactly, re

Exactly Julie, lets just say for example we get Lescott round a table to talk terms. There is no chance in a million years that any decent player is going to sign a contract with Villa if in 6 months time he's going to take a 50% pay cut. No chance.

Exactly, re

Well said. It was just a journo fed some bile to try & put the club in a bad light from players & they slipped it is plural

who couldn't give a toss about our league positon & wanted the club to sell them so they can have their WAGFB multi million pound pay offs

Great - can we have more WAGFBs on board please Mr Lambert!

When I said to Mirorr journos on twitter - but their lack of effort on the pitch is atrocious for what they get paid the response was:

Well it's the clubs fault for buying them in the first place - lol I'm sorry - not the players fault for not giving 110% effort on the pitch & helping us stay up mind

eg Not like those Bradford lads who gave that 110% effort to beat us & Arsenal!! Why can't DB & SI apply the same principle in their play?

And on £3M a year - those Bradford lads are on a fraction of that

Seriously how much effort have we ever had from those two since they joined? If you watch DB at Charlton - he didn't play like he does now, maybe he cared then.

It's shows the difference in the attitude IMHO - the players who care about the club & the one's who couldn't give a toss whether Aston Villa stay up or down.

Real Footballers V WAG Footballers

I have to say even though we lost you could see the team were up for it Zog looks to have got fire in his belly at long last. & they looked like they wanted to win the game

as we made loads of chance & Benteke could have scored 4 goals.

If attack is Benteke, Zog, Weimann & Gabby then that's a handful for any defence on that showing - Hats off to Gabby - he's not fit that's why he came off - he only started

back in training after an injury lay off last week & he clearly wasn't match fit but he came on like a man with a mission on Saturday against Ipswich. He also played last

night and looked up for it.

Seriously how good is our away support they are unbelievable!! The Bradford stewards thought our support was awesome - they were laughing at the banter & the noise from

the Villa fans was brilliant. You couldn't hear the commentry hardly on the TV

It's the defence that is problem & CM. Hopefully that will be sorted soon.

Come on lads let's all unite get rid of the Wag footballers who quite frankly take the pee out of our club on their £3M a year & get real ones in!!

Dale Stephens is imminent too he's up in B'ham but it's not being announced until the other areas are filled because I think possibly they'll be fan backlash

Not another a championship player - is that where we're heading?? He IS a really top lad - ask his team mates & he's had to wait 6 months for this transfer - not

said a word to anyone - not moaned or blagged off to the papers not like cough cough...Doris the Tea Lady. His teammates think it's great he's made the leap up

& say he's "6ft 1 Like Barry Bannan but better"- yes please. Can imagine he'll be up for playing for us. He is considered the best passer of the ball at the Addicks

since Danny Murphy - so I'm quite excited about our attack minded options.

Trust me if the 2 unhappy WAGs go this club will be on the up if we can sort that defence out!

Ciaran Clark at the moment is shocking. But then 2 LF CBs isn't helping.

CB & CM + Dale Stephens we need ASAP along with a couple of outs.

• Like 1

I thought you had to earn the right to wear the Aston Villa Football Shirt?

Those two WAGFB are just taking the pee & mouthiing off to the press - it's disgusting IMHO - They aren't worth of the shirt.

Flip we thought Dunne, Collins & Warnock were the trouble - but they look meek & mild compared to these two!!