January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

This transfer window will be very deciding for the future of the club. But exciting at the same time, if Lambert does not add experience and ability espescially in defence and midfield he has to be the ballsiest, calmest, baddest mother of all times... If the money is available ofcouse.

Our team desperately needs a couple of leaders on the pitch, someone with a winning mentality who can lift them.

If he is on 48 then might as well play him in more game. Benteke and Bent up front against Southampton. What could go wrong?

Anyway transfers? Anyone? I cant see us signing anyone before Southampton game. We desperately need Westwood back to avoid having to play Delph and Bannan. Plus with Al Ahmadi at ACN we are woefully short. Considering PL is supposed to be rigid and thorough in his approach, you would think he would have planned this and wouldve looked to bring in some reinforcements. Delph and Bannan would struggle in the Championship as a midfield 2.

He's injured his knee apparently missing from 2 yards.

Bent knee could spoil bidding war

Last Updated: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 13:55

Villa's medical team are assessing Darren Bent amid fears that his injury at Bradford could scupper a potential January transfer.

Bent limped out of the 3-1 Capital One Cup semi-final first leg defeat nursing a knee injury with five minutes to go, having come on a substitute in the 57th minute.

It is not only a bitter blow to boss Paul Lambert, who would have been planning to use Bent in the second leg in a fortnight's time, but also for a number of Premier League clubs who are ready to make a deadline day move for the England striker.

Fulham are the current favourites to sign Bent before February 1 while QPR, Liverpool and Sunderland are also said to be interested.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp sold Bent to Sunderland when he was in charge of Tottenham a few seasons ago and may not be that keen to join the scramble but Villa were expecting a bidding war to break out as clubs in the relegation mix panic.

Bent has suffered from ankle and hamstring problems during his time at Villa but not with his knee, although it did cause him some pain during his spell at Sunderland.

Sounds like he's off then - if his knee is OK

I'm only telling the goss on what's gone on - it might be complete crap

There is a tweet from one of his teammates on a protected site though & I have seen it.

Edited by JulieB

The only fact is he's on 48 appearances...we'll see if he gets past 50 & then we can all say it was balderdash

Personally I think he'll be off at some point this window.

Good riddance!

There is a tweet from one of his teammates on a protected site though & I have seen it.

Then don't present it as fact!

Link : http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=102995

Between the present and the future. Philippe Coutinho no shortage of proposals from the Premier League, you're telling him these days. The Brazilian intrigues clubs and its quality has not gone unnoticed. To understand more about a possible sale and the current status of the situation, FcInterNews.it has interviewed 's agent Coutinho, Cacau Barbosa.

Here is what he said about Barbosa former Vasco da Gama: "I can confirm that we have received a survey on the part of 'Aston Villa - Barbosa explains IMEMC -. I want, but with all due respect to the proposal made ​​to Philippe, at this time for his farewell there is still nothing concrete. " In short, the Aston Villa there. But Coutinho still does not take off any deal.

Why do you get the impression he's going then? Where has that come from?

I've gotta be honest i've read through all the stuff you've posted over the last couple of days and i'm not sure i understand even half of the stuff you've posted :-/

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri

Coutinho's agent to FcInterNews: "Aston Villa contacted us, they want him. But with all due respect to the offer, still nothing concrete"

Can't possibly be true. Wikipedia has him as a Southampton player ;)

Southampton

On 9 January 2013, Coutinho moved to the south coast of England with newly promoted Southampton. He signed on a 4 and a half year deal for around €12million. (£9.77million) He has taken squad number 11 and could make his debut on Saturday 12th January against Aston Villa.

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri

Coutinho's agent to FcInterNews: "Aston Villa contacted us, they want him. But with all due respect to the offer, still nothing concrete"

That would be awesome if we could get him in, we do need a few Defensive minded players too!!

Maybe Coutinho, Stephens, CB, CDM and a striker? (Aubameyang)