January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

slipping into the bottom 3 will make it more difficult to attract players here now. the fact we didnt sign anyone before today given our performances already this season is another bizarre decision.

Quite and also why didn't the descision get made to start to negociate to sign players after the liverpool game when we were sitting in 14th all ready and in place to sign in the early stages of January.

It's a **** circus!

If a player doesn't believe he can help turn things around with his ability, then we don't need or want them.

Haha

I think players think about money, the state of the club they are joining and the potential of the club they are joining.

I couldn't blame any top player for not wanting to join right now.

Two seasons ago, after 22 games, #avfc were 17th on 22 points with -15 goal difference. Two days later they broke their record transfer fee

Needs to happen again...

But two years on and we can't even seem to get rid of him now!

I know where your coming from but I don't think one transfer record breaking player is going to help turn this nightmare around - We're going to need about six!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

As much as I agree I don't think one transfer record breaking player is going to help turn this nightmare around - We're going to need about six!

Also a big difference from being in the relegation zone and not. We knew this weeks ago but the club has chosen to let us get into it without strengthening.

Foolish.

Mr Lambert, I work in recruitment and I'm sure some other posters on here do to. Just send us the job specs for the positions you want to fill and let us help you.

Just recruit someone for **** sake you dithering idiot!

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Matt Law has released another Darren Bent related article, we're apparently 'blocking' his sale now.

That guy (Matt Law) seriously needs to piss off...

In the vain of Mario

"WHY ALWAYS US?"

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

I know JulieB got alot of stick bout her comments about Matt Law and Bent but he has another story ,as mentioned above certainly seems to have inside track on Bent

http://www.mirror.co...en-bent-1531322

Aston Villa are blocking Darren Bent from joining their relegation rivals this month.

Reading and QPR have expressed an interest in the striker, who has struggled to get into the Villa team.

Bent may have to wait until the end of the season to leave – unless any clubs further up the table bid this month.

Villa are in a relegation battle with Reading and QPR, while Fulham may also be deemed too close for comfort.

Clubs are reluctant to pay a big fee for 28-year-old Bent, who joined Villa for £24million, because Paul Lambert’s men may get relegated.

Then the club will be forced to let one of their ­highest earners leave for a cut-price fee

Also seems to me to insinuate that we should take an offer now as we would get less if relegated ...

In other news

http://www.shortnews.de/id/1003871/fu%C3%9Fball-der-fc-ingolstadt-will-michael-henke-als-co-trainer-verpflichten

Basically our chief scout been offered an assistant managers role.

Edited by Nabby

There is still 16 games to go and there are still 5 other teams near us who will sooner or later hav a bad run of injuries and results and we will have to string sum decent results together at sum point

I think it's time for the manager to swallow his pride and play

Given

Lowton dunne vlaar warncock

Ireland Westwood Delph

Zog Bent Gabby

There is still 16 games to go and there are still 5 other teams near us who will sooner or later hav a bad run of injuries and results and we will have to string sum decent results together at sum point

I think it's time for the manager to swallow his pride and play

Given

Lowton dunne vlaar warncock

Ireland Westwood Delph

Zog Bent Gabby

Why on Earth should Given be playing?

Also, where's Weimann?

Edited by Mantis