January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Our income is higher than the majority of premiership teams and Lerner has just inherited $1 billion.

We should not be in a position where the manager can't bring in much needed quality additions.

What if he has debts elsewhere that he needs the 1billion for? The guy might be in financial trouble with other things?

If we're relying on a player who wasn't even a regular scorer in league 1 to change a game then its not wonder we are so bad this year.

A short post BJ but one I think pretty much sums up where we are as a club. The squad simply lacks the required quality and experience to stay in this division. It needs major investment now and for that investment to be spent on 2 or 3 quality players that have done it at this level and will make an instant impact. Sadly I don't think its going to get it.

Edited by markavfc40

If we're relying on a player who wasn't even a regular scorer in league 1 to change a game then its not wonder we are so bad this year.

Yes that's the bigger picture - which I agree with. But I don't think Bowery has looked out of place whenever I have seen him

I think you're too hung up on where Bowery came from, Ian Wright didn't sign professional forms for any club until he was 22, in his first professional season he scored 9 goals in 34 appearances (not dissimilar from Bowery). He went on to do quite well for Aresnal.

What does it matter what he did before he came to us, or where he did it ? Surely if the manager and coaches think he's up to the job then we have to accept that he can do it, and maybe get behind him ?

The signing of Bowery is the least of our problems, there are far worse players getting games week in week out (Bannan, Bennett, Delph etc) that should be of much more concern.

Edited by dukes

Time for Randy to work out how much his investment will be worth come May against how much he needs to invest now to protect its value.

Simple business decision really

I wonder if he has already done that. and come to the conclusion the relegation is better than hurling excess wages at players.

loss of sky money v Lower overheads

maybe he has gotten a different answer to us who think the sky money runs the club

If funding was so tight in the summer why did we not make any free transfer signings. This young, hungry mantra that Lambert is sticking with will see us relegated this season.

Good players that are free transfers usually have hefty wages and are old, average/less experienced players that are free and have low wages are usually shit.

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

Think we need more than just the two players everyone says we need. A CB and MF/CDM isn't going to change anything. Is it not worth blowing the wages up just abit just to save ourselves?

I think Lerner has basically said he's not putting anymore money in until he sees what the outcome is (stay up or relegation). He must think it's too risky to invest millions into the club and see us relegated. Then either sell the players at a cut down price or have them **** the wage bill up in the Championship.

Which i'd say is highly unlikely,

But whatever means you don't have to have a go at him eh?

And before you tell me your not sad enough to care think back to your darren bent rants,

Well to answer your Darren Bent point (which is a fair point tbh), I suppose its a combination of a few things.

- Im more interested in things on the pitch as oppose to things behind the scenes I have no idea of.

- Darren Bents not doing his job (or at least what I believe to be his job)

- Randy is doing his job(or at least what I believe to be his job - which unfortunately for us is whatever the hell he bloody likes within legal boundaries)

- And, I suppose deep down - I do care.

I dont think its highly unlikely to get into massive debt when your involved in massive business. Its all relative imo.

I know it isn't as simple as identifying your targets and then signing them, and it's been documented that his preferred players aren't available but we can't afford to let another game and another week to pass without new faces.

either 4 good signings to turn this shit season around or down we go

2 defenders and 2 midfielders

if the shit midfield were half decent then the defence would be stronger as would our goal scoring record

at the moment they are merely making up the numbers, they dont actually do anything

• Like 2

It's a tough situation that Lambert's in, but i think the only way we could bring in a top player this window is Loan to Buy someone. (Pay the transfer fee in the summer)

e.g. (these CB's havent been first choice for their clubs, not 100% sure about Santana) "Rolando 6ft3, 27 from Porto", "Jardel 6ft4, 26 from Porto","Santana 6ft4, 26 from BVB"

either 4 good signings to turn this shit season around or down we go

2 defenders and 2 midfielders

if the shit midfield were half decent then the defence would be stronger as would our goal scoring record

at the moment they are merely making up the numbers, they dont actually do anything

I still stand by the belief that we have the worst midfield in premiership history.