January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

either 4 good signings to turn this shit season around or down we go

2 defenders and 2 midfielders

if the shit midfield were half decent then the defence would be stronger as would our goal scoring record

at the moment they are merely making up the numbers, they dont actually do anything

I would say push hard for Sissoko and Diame...3.5mill a piece. Get a CB and LB in on loan. If need be, sell Bent to fund this because if we go down, we'll lose him anyways. These moves could steady us in the now and for the longer term.

Might as well close this thread. There won't be any sensible footballers joining us now that's for sure. We are in the relegation zone guys and we have a squad full of shite players. I think Randy Lerner has made his intentions clear - that he doenst give a flying ****.

I still stand by the belief that we have the worst midfield in premiership history.

Ridiculous. We're shit but worst midfield in Premier League history? Why aren't we on course to get the worst points total in PL history then? Our defence and attack aren't that good.

In Lambert's press conference the other day talking about the budget, he was said something along the lines of "we can't spend and wreck the clubs finances" which to me says that the club has weighed up their options, and decided that if we stay in the league only spending 20mil on new players - great, but if we get relegated, it's not the end of the world financially.

Happy to be relegated as long as it doesn't put the club into the red. Not happy to spend an additional 10/20 mil to try and stay up, only for it to fail and put Villa in the red.

Edited by TezzRexx

Ridiculous. We're shit but worst midfield in Premier League history? Why aren't we on course to get the worst points total in PL history then? Our defence and attack aren't that good.

Frighteningly, our managers probably over achieving with the shit he inherited as well as brought in. It really is a woeful woeful team from back to front and the midfield is the worst part.

I wonder if he has already done that. and come to the conclusion the relegation is better than hurling excess wages at players.

loss of sky money v Lower overheads

maybe he has gotten a different answer to us who think the sky money runs the club

I can't see how he could conclude that it would cost less to be relegated. There would be a massive reduction in income that would require even more cost cutting that would make it even less likely we would come back at the first attempt which will make it near impossible for him to recover anything near the amount he has put into the club. I'm sure Randy is sick of spending money but if he wants to protect his investment then he's going to have to find at least £10m in the next couple of weeks. He'll get a lot more trying to flog a middling PL team than a middling championship team.

Well to answer your Darren Bent point (which is a fair point tbh), I suppose its a combination of a few things.

- Im more interested in things on the pitch as oppose to things behind the scenes I have no idea of.

- Darren Bents not doing his job (or at least what I believe to be his job)

- Randy is doing his job(or at least what I believe to be his job - which unfortunately for us is whatever the hell he bloody likes within legal boundaries)

- And, I suppose deep down - I do care.

I dont think its highly unlikely to get into massive debt when your involved in massive business. Its all relative imo.

I just don't for one second think that we are in a position where we can't spend. I think Lerner is choosing not to. For what reason i don't know.

And fair arguments towards your difference attitude towards bent and lerner but for even though it is behind the scenes i just can't help care about how he's running the club.

Frighteningly, our managers probably over achieving with the shit he inherited as well as brought in. It really is a woeful woeful team from back to front and the midfield is the worst part.

Lambert overachieving? You must be joking.

I just don't for one second think that we are in a position where we can't spend. I think Lerner is choosing not to. For what reason i don't know.

And fair arguments towards your difference attitude towards bent and lerner but for even though it is behind the scenes i just can't help care about how he's running the club.

I dont disagree with anything here really. I think its both silly/commendable that we care. But ultimately - I think we as fans are totally and utterly wasting our time.

Genuinely believe the players are that bad. and I dont believe GH, AM and PL are ALL this bad.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can really say to counter that as we all have our own opinions on how good the squad is. That said, although it's bad I really don't think it's that bad and Lambert is certainly not good enough at the moment. Would definitely get rid in the summer if we go down.

Lerner needs telling its either now or the club is going to be on its knee's in the Championship.... I'm usually pretty optimistic despite Lerner's idiocy but if he's not giving Lambert the money then he may as well go back to America....

We Need at the very least 3 players.... a CB a CDM and a AM.....

That is the way I see it, As I said i think behind the scenes they are preparing or have prepared for relegation..

I was told this a while ago and laughed at the suggestion but if Lerner doesn't open his wallet it's difficult to argue against it.

The problem is we need players who want to come too, who wants to come to a team that's going to be relegated?

players that want to play in the premier league, an advantage we'll lose if we don't act this month