January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Ive said it before and will say again, why do people keep pushing guidetti so much? I've never seen him play as I'd imagine most people haven't (or at least not on a consistent basis)... But yet he is meant to be our saviour!! He is no where near the city first team, and not played in prem and never set Dutch league on fire, so genuine question why will he be a great signing? (loan or permanent)

Guidetti never set the Eredivisie on fire?

He scored 20 goals in 23 games including hattricks against top teams Ajax, FC Twente and Vitesse (Current numbers 3,2 and 5 in Eredivisie).

If you want to make a fair point you should talk about the serious virus that he has just recovered from. He was diagnosed with http://en.wikipedia....–Barré_syndrome . It's way too much of a risk to take him on board right now. He will start his first game since April against Reading U21 on Monday. He would be a great addition for next season if he can prove his form over the next 6 months.

Edited by Feyenoord

Douglas is very overrated. He has his Dutch passport already btw so a work permit is not an issue anymore. He is however extremely error prone and just lacks concentration. He had a brilliant season two years ago but has fallen back to his usual mistakes to when he first joined Twente. He has already been overshadowed by youngsters Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi who are picked ahead of him in the Dutch national team. Vlaar is also a better player and is preferred to Douglas in the squad.

Douglas is maybe worth a gamble if you can get him on a free transfer this summer. He is approximately earning 525.000 Euro's per season at Twente.

Interesting. Yeah, I think the biggest attraction of him would be the fact that he could probably be had for a small-ish fee and we are probably in for a CB this window. I certainly wouldn't mind taking one of Feyenoord's CBs, but I'm sure you guys are sick of us by now and won't even answer if we came after either of those two. If I could have a pick of any CB in the Dutch league though, it'd be Toby Alderweireld. :)

Edited by LockStockVilla

Something like 15 games 18 goals for Feyenoord, maybe someone can correct me, but it was a very decent return for someone so young.

Point out where someone said he was our saviour. Just someone saying if we are looking towards loans, then maybe we can get him if Bent does leave.

Maybe saviour is an overstatement but there were many people during the summer saying that he would be a brilliant signing, yet I can imagine only a handful had seen him play and the majority of people were just going off YouTube etc...

Guidetti never set the Eredivisie on fire?

He scored 20 goals in 23 games including hattricks against top teams Ajax, FC Twente and Vitesse (Current numbers 3,2 and 5 in Eredivisie).

If you want to make a fair point you should talk about the serious virus that he has just recovered from. He was diagnosed with http://en.wikipedia....–Barré_syndrome . It's way too much of a risk to take him on board right now. He will start his first game since April against Reading U21 on Monday. He would be a great addition for next season if he can prove his form over the next 6 months.

Youve seen him ply numerous times and I appreciate your opinion on him, and if he's had a serious illness I wish him the best health.. But as you say he may not be up to performing at this moment in time... In our position we can't afford the luxury of taking gambles on unfit and unproven (consistently) players.. For the future, yes could be worthwhile, but we need a little bit of short term ism ...

Edited by mikeyp102

we need a complete thug who is fit as a fiddle and can successfully pass the ball to the nearest player 10 yards away consistently. he doesn't need to know how to play football, he doesn't need to be creative, he just needs to be someone big, strong and scary. surely there's got to be plenty of guys like that

we need a complete thug who is fit as a fiddle and can successfully pass the ball to the nearest player 10 yards away consistently. he doesn't need to know how to play football, he doesn't need to be creative, he just needs to be someone big, strong and scary. surely there's got to be plenty of guys like that

My next door neighbour.....well don't know about the 10 yards bit?

dailymail: Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill is close to signing French star Moussa Sissoko, 23, in a £3.5million deal.

FK YOU O'NEILL :rant:

that would seriously piss me off. the amount of shit he signed.. harewood heskey agathe sutton delph salifou davies .. mostly expensive british players who are shit..

cant be true

Parker and Lescott were the two players mentioned, it's not just the cost of them, but wages they would both be on 60k a week plus, and agents fees with no sell on value. Are we not look to get rid of ageing players on long term deals?

Wouldn't midn them on loan but that's not happening.

Signing Guidetti makes sense. Loaning him till the end of the season makes no sense.

In terms of wages surely our current wage bill can't be that far from being sustainable. Could we not get two or three players in on similar wages to the total earned by dunne and warnock knowing full well that they are off in the summer? Would that really ruin the club?

dailymail: Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill is close to signing French star Moussa Sissoko, 23, in a £3.5million deal.

FK YOU O'NEILL :rant:

working under different circumstances than he was at villa

Exactly what i'm beginning to think now Coda...

Wonder what the wage bill is at present? Also what will it drop to when some big contracts end in the summer?

It does all make you wonder whether they are now actually looking at nothing but the hard nosed business aspect? i.e

what we lose if relegated in tv money & gate receipts?... versus... what do we gain in parachute payments, less wages & sale fees of best players?

Would we be better off financially "temporarily" if we went down.?

Of course this would only be of relevance if we came back up very quickly which is surely a huge risk.. But this would give Lambert a chance to rebuild with less pressure on the young players & instill his ethos thoroughly before we "hopefully" came back up with the finances under full control, confidence back & a more settled & established team? Who knows with the wages then fully under control we may have room for a couple of marque signings by then too!

It's just looking more & more likely to me but hey.... I could be miles off of course :rolleyes:

Relegation should not be viewed as acceptable by the manager, board, or more importantly, the fans.

Those that do find it acceptable, have been brainwashed by Lerner.

• Like 1

We really do miss Stan. We miss his quality, his experience and his leadership. I honestly believe that if he were playing for us this season we'd be doing a lot better than we are.

Of course his health is all that matters at the moment but yeah, we really miss him.

If you had Petrov and Westwood as our central midfield partnership you'd see only one player.Much too similar and Petrov was already the weakest point of our midfield when we had Milner. Sorry but Petrov is exactly the type of player we don't need at the minute.

I still cant figure out why Lambert even came here if there's extremely limited funding similar to Norwich?

Ahem, when have Norwich ever spent £20M in a transfer window ?

Some of the blame must go on Lambert for how he he has spent the funds available to him.

Edited by dukes

Yep, been told to get wages down to just under £50million.

Assuming this relates only t playing staff (as Lambert has no responsibility beyond that), this equates to a squad of 25 players at an average of £32,000 per week. Plus £8M for the reserves.

Is that so unreasonable ?