January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Experience

Yeah but Guzan has actually been far better this seaosn.

I can understand replacing a poor inexperienced player with a poor experienced player but replacing a good inexperienced player with a poor (in terms of form) experienced player? Absolute madness. This is what I mean with people going overboard about experience. Yes it would help but it would probably be best not to start replacing one of our only decent inexperienced players with somebody inferior.

Yeah but Guzan has actually been far better this seaosn.

I can understand replacing a poor inexperienced player with a poor experienced player but replacing a good inexperienced player with a poor (in terms of form) experienced player? Absolute madness. This is what I mean with people going overboard about experience. Yes it would help but it would probably be best not to start replacing one of our only decent inexperienced players with somebody inferior.

Fair point about Guzan

Guzan

Lowton dunne vlaar Baker

Ireland Westwood Delph

Zog Bent Gabby

Better?

I think we should play Warnock there. I'm not his biggest fan by a long shot, but what other options do we have? At least play him in midfield, we need to change something.

I think that's called cutting your nose off to spite your face. Warnock's worth a shot for at least a game to see if he can bring something a little different to the table. There's no point being stubborn and carrying on the way we are, it's clearly not working.

As for Hutton, not a chance I'd have him in over Lowton.

Edited by Ginko

How?

Fans thinking they know better than premier league managers. In most cases managers don't listen so its not an issue, in our case the manager listened and we now have the worst defence in the league and arguably our premier league history.

It seems clear to me that Lamberts waiting for a decent offer for Darren Bent, that isn't from one of our relegation rivals.

Lets say Lambert has a budget of 10mil and we get 5mil minimum for Bent... rather then buy Chester from hull for 4mil on january 1st, Lambert could use that 4mil he hasnt spent on Chester and put it together with the 5mil from selling Bent to buy a better quality player, such as Douglas, Lovren, Glik or whoever...

imo we don't need experience, we need quality!

It seems clear to me that Lamberts waiting for a decent offer for Darren Bent, that isn't from one of our relegation rivals.

Lets say Lambert has a budget of 10mil and we get 5mil minimum for Bent... rather then buy Chester from hull for 4mil on january 1st, Lambert could use that 4mil he hasnt spent on Chester and put it together with the 5mil from selling Bent to buy a better quality player, such as Douglas, Lovren, Glik or whoever...

imo we don't need experience, we need quality!

Is this post from the past ?

Given

Lowton dunne vlaar warncock

Ireland Westwood Delph

Zog Bent Gabby

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar © Baker Warnock

(?) (?) Westwood

Weimann Bent/Benteke (can't decide) Gabby

The question mark means new signings, Baker is better than Clark, Warnock (against my deepest wishes is better than all of our left full backs currently) and can't decide between Bent and Benteke

Edited by Avflife