January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Redknapp flew to watch Bordeaux after their game yesterday. He's been backed and some and he's scouring Europe for decent players

Yeah I wouldnt be surprised if QPR get at least 5 in and now go on a decent run.

This Villa team will finish bottom of the league if improvements arent made. We are currently the worst team, after all.

Of course they are desperate to throw money around. So are we.

Difference is they will do it.

Even before their promotion, QPR's wage bill was £29.7m (183 per cent of their £16.2 million turnover). It's probably still about that mark given the signings of Cesar and Boswinga. It's outrageous, especially when they operate such a loss.

I guess there's some interest to us in that if QPR are signing players in the positions we're interested in then they're going to have players they don't need and won't want on the wage bill that could be of interest to us - is there anyone in QPR's out-tray that might be worth a look?

Boswinga makes £65,000 a week. Onuha is rumoured to be on £80,000 a week. It's outrageous. I know we've operated with wages above turnover but at least the club are trying to rectify it by removing some big earners. It's not sustainable.

I guess there's some interest to us in that if QPR are signing players in the positions we're interested in then they're going to have players they don't need and won't want on the wage bill that could be of interest to us - is there anyone in QPR's out-tray that might be worth a look?

Unless they make Diakite or M'Bia available then no I see no CM's at QPR that would fill our DM requirements.

Edited by jacketspuds

I would doubt that Mbia or Diakete would be on the way out. Onuhua, maybe?

Boswinga makes £65,000 a week. Onuha is rumoured to be on £80,000 a week. It's outrageous. I know we've operated with wages above turnover but at least the club are trying to rectify it by removing some big earners. It's not sustainable.

Do you think anyone will care about any of that if we go down and they stay up?

If Onuha is on £80k then that is shocking. Traore and Faurlin would do a job.

Do you think anyone will care about any of that if we go down and they stay up?

The financial cost would be even worse if we were relegated with that wage structure. Even with the parachute payments from the league. On what evidence are QPR going to stay up? It's all speculative anyhow.

Do we think we'll have anyone in before the Boggies game?

no. I dont think we will have anyone until the end of the window. I also think Lambert will sign poor quality again

We're assuming they'll make the exact same mess as it. They may reach a point a cut wages in a sensible manner and staying up with the new tv deal will certainly help.

At the end of the day i don't give a shit about the long term problems QPR may or may not have. Them spending this summer will make it harder for us to stay up. That's all I care about.

• Like 1