January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

we cant afford players valued above 6M when we are in our biggiest relagtion fight for years, with tv rewards worth more than ever next year...it's very sad times to be a Villa fan!! :(

We won't know that definitively until January 31st. It's possible that Lambert's comments are an attempt to drive down the price of transfer targets. It's also possible that the board will reasses if we lose today / are unable to offload any of the deadwood. I'm going to try and avoid getting concerned until the end of the month - fortunately I'm not detoxing during January, so that takes the edge off it.

Edited by thefeet1980

Interesting. Yeah, I think the biggest attraction of him would be the fact that he could probably be had for a small-ish fee and we are probably in for a CB this window. I certainly wouldn't mind taking one of Feyenoord's CBs, but I'm sure you guys are sick of us by now and won't even answer if we came after either of those two. If I could have a pick of any CB in the Dutch league though, it'd be Toby Alderweireld. :)

Alderweireld is also a poor poor defender. He was the biggest talent at Ajax several years ago but Vertonghen has completely outclassed him when they started playing together. Alderweireld is physically not very strong and his position is also questionable at times. He is quite strong on the ball and is therefore regurlarly playing for Belgium at right back.

I'm also quite sure that he wouldn't really be interested in joining Villa, just like our defenders De Vrij and Martins Indi. De Vrij and Indi have the quality to play for a much bigger team and Alderweireld has the name and is at the right club to transfer to a bigger team than Villa.

The only central defender in the Eredivisie that could add something to Villa and might be interested is Guram Kashia of Vitesse. He's a solid performer for them and club captain. He will be 26 years old in April.

2006/07 Dinamo Tbilisi 11 2 2007/08 Dinamo Tbilisi 15 1 2008/09 Dinamo Tbilisi 29 1 2009/10 Dinamo Tbilisi 33 8 2010/11 Dinamo Tbilisi 3 0 2010/11 Vitesse 28 3 Eredivisie 2011/12 Vitesse 32 3 Eredivisie 2012/13 Vitesse 18 2 Eredivisie Total: 169 20

Patrick van Aanholt would solve your left back problems as well. He is also playing for Vitesse but on loan from Chelsea. He is 22 years old.

2008/09 Chelsea 0 0 Premier League 2009/10 Coventry City 20 0 First Division 2009/10 Newcastle United 7 0 First Division 2009/10 Chelsea 2 0 Premier League 2010/11 Leicester City 12 1 First Division 2010/11 Chelsea 0 0 Premier League 2011/12 Wigan Athletic 4 0 Premier League 2011/12 Vitesse 9 0 Eredivisie 2012/13 Vitesse 17 0 Eredivisie Total: 71 1

And if you have a bit of extra money to spend for an attacking midfielder you should definitely get Filip Djuricic. He would be perfect to play around Benteke. Djuricic is just an absolute genius of a footballer. He should only cost around 4 million pounds as well. That's what Heerenveen are asking since his contract expires in 2014. He just turned 21 years of age and is already a regular for Serbia as well.

2008/09 Radnicki Obrenovac 17 0 2009/10 SC Heerenveen 9 1 Eredivisie 2010/11 SC Heerenveen 24 2 Eredivisie 2011/12 SC Heerenveen 34 10 Eredivisie 2012/13 SC Heerenveen 18 4 Eredivisie Total: 102 17

Relegation should not be viewed as acceptable by the manager, board, or more importantly, the fans.

Those that do find it acceptable, have been brainwashed by Lerner.

Some villa fans need to experience it, its the single only thing about being relegated that will be worth it.

Hopefully they'll finally get a grip and stop being obsessed by money.

Believe it or not the world will not end if we are relegated, it will be **** horrible and shit but it won't end we will still be playing football next season whatever some fans will have you believe.

Oh and saying this doesn't mean it's accepting it or think its acceptable.

Alderweireld is also a poor poor defender. He was the biggest talent at Ajax several years ago but Vertonghen has completely outclassed him when they started playing together. Alderweireld is physically not very strong and his position is also questionable at times. He is quite strong on the ball and is therefore regurlarly playing for Belgium at right back.

He is played right back for Belgium because he very good defensively and there is noone better. if they want someone strong on the ball who can make a run, they play Gillet.

Strange to hear you say Alderweireld is a poor defender. he may not be of the same class vertonghen and vermaelen were, but he's still a solid player

Ah guys, this is the spirit that we need!

- more games to enjoy

- visit some new grounds/watch different teams

- we can get rid of the idiots at the club

- put our new hungry/young philosophy into place properly

- get that winning feeling back

- not have to put up with this top 4, London club media darlings bollox.

Lambert was right, the future really is bright!!

So we are agreed, let's gets relegated!! Yeaaaaa!

Haha.

• Like 1

He is played right back for Belgium because he very good defensively and there is noone better. if they want someone strong on the ball who can make a run, they play Gillet.

Strange to hear you say Alderweireld is a poor defender. he may not be of the same class vertonghen and vermaelen were, but he's still a solid player

A mate of mine who is an Arsenal fan in London and who is sometimes privy to a little Arsenal info told me we were interested in this guy. I posted this in the summer. However, he only knew we were interested because Arsenal themselves were interested too. Not sure why nothing happened though.

Edited by Tayls

Some villa fans need to experience it, its the single only thing about being relegated that will be worth it.

Hopefully they'll finally get a grip and stop being obsessed by money.

Believe it or not the world will not end if we are relegated, it will be **** horrible and shit but it won't end we will still be playing football next season whatever some fans will have you believe.

Oh and saying this doesn't mean it's accepting it or think its acceptable.

I wonder if you felt the same about Doug?

Did you think anyone who held a £ sign up needed to experience relegation?

Im at the point where i'd happily take Joey Barton.

We all know he's a vile person but at least then other teams and supporters would hate us and not just laugh at us.

And we would not be overrun in midfield by a 4th league side

Edited by sne

He's been in the Ajax team for years now and hasn't progressed one bit. He is not strong enough to cope in the Premier League and always looks insecure when Ajax play in Europe or against the top 5 teams in the Eredivisie.

A mate of mine who is an Arsenal fan in London and who is sometimes privy to a little Arsenal info told me we were interested in this guy. I posted this in the summer. However, he only knew we were interested because Arsenal themselves were interested too. Not sure why nothing happened though.

He's not good enough for Arsenal just yet. But with 3 years as a starter at ajax under the belt, he'd be an asset for us

Good for us if arsenal are not moving for him, I don't want Arsenal to top our offer like they did with Vermaelen (imagine if he signed for us a few years back)

He's been in the Ajax team for years now and hasn't progressed one bit. He is not strong enough to cope in the Premier League and always looks insecure when Ajax play in Europe or against the top 5 teams in the Eredivisie.

I agree he hasn't been progressing as much, that's why he will not make it to one of the big clubs just yet, but he would do fine for Villa

but if he were as bad as you say, he would have been replaced a long time ago and not be made vice-captain this season.

Personally, would love to see PL spend most of his budget on the midfield and defense, not so much attack, if we did want attackers in maybe loan in Guidetti and/or Nick Powell.

I quite like the look of Leroy Fer (Fc Twente) for CM, Hes 6ft+ and insane at tackling.

bravo lerner if you wont authorse 6m for a cm then kiss your money GOODBYE as we are falling into the championship. our best chance of winning silverware and you are not willing to back the manager

what a poor businessman you are, very tight considering you sold the browns for over 300 million

sell up if you have given up on us