Ashley Young

maqroll

He's won the starting job, IMO. Let Digne try to claw back into the running, maybe he'll improve his play.

Who would have thought that Ashley Young would end up as Gerrard's best signing?

Bloke is timeless, loved him the first time round but to comeback at the end of his career and put a shift in like he does for our club is superb. I have nothing but admiration for the bloke!!

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He's won the starting job, IMO. Let Digne try to claw back into the running, maybe he'll improve his play.

Who would have thought that Ashley Young would end up as Gerrard's best signing?

He was a Smith signing 😂

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

He's been genuinely superb when he played. The way he shut off the Brentford player in the second to let the ball go out of play was experience personified. Just rinsed him like garbage.

Yeah, I remember that and thought exactly the same. One of those plays that happens in a game where one player just totally owns the other, makes it look like men against boys despite the other guy being a serious professional. 

Thought he was going to take the penalty as he was holding the ball near the spot for the longest time, had nightmares of him taking them over a decade ago 

Then passed it to Ings when Brentford settled down and sodded off.

He knows the score.

Edited by rodders0223

His leadership is fantastic , straight over to players being subbed showing support , whilst he’s currently still a big asset to the team he really will be a huge benefit to the club if he decides to stay on coaching in the future , superb 👏

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'd love to hear an interview with him about his move. I guess he just though he was never going to get silverware here and moved on, because he seems to have a genuine fondness for the club. 

I doubt he has any particular affection for the club, per se. He's just a model pro. 

Â