Ashley Young

maqroll

When Young came back for a second shift I was sceptical. Thought he would be a bit part at best player. But l thought last season he was one of our best performers. As a soon to be 38 year old man myself his level of fitness is quite amazing. Hope he doesn’t hang up the boot just yet, but when he does there should be a coaching role for him at Villa. 

The man is the consummate professional and should be the example used for all footballers. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm still really surprised we didn't sign him on again after his performances.

I do agree but equally I can see future posts on here along the lines of dodged a bullet. 

From the news articles I read it seems youngs representatives have offered everton the option to sign him rather than vice versa.

however I still think it would be a really smart move, he is super fit still and dyche will be very aware of his professionalism and approach. He will be the sort of player who will give others a huge lift and set the standards much higher in training.

Edited by Villatillidie95

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I do agree but equally I can see future posts on here along the lines of dodged a bullet. 

Hope so. Wasn't a fan of bringing him back but he totally proved me wrong.

Not even bothered about him off the field, we have a good squad on that side of things. Purely as a playing option I thought he was handy to have around.

• Like 1

i reckon his representatives approached everton as he would obviously get a lot of game time there and im guessing he stilllives in cheshire from his man united days so would be able to stay there and commute easily too. Either way, Everton fans will be singing his praises at the end of this season if he signs, he will be very good value for them on a free, much better than their usual expensive ex man united signings!

9 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Can’t believe Everton fans are turning their nose at this signing, will easily be their best fullback.

The disrespect thw fans are showing him is incredible.  If i was ash id tell them to stick it and go luton instead. He will be appreciated there

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The disrespect thw fans are showing him is incredible.  If i was ash id tell them to stick it and go luton instead. He will be appreciated there

They’re a weird bunch furious about not signing Coady (who’s useless) And then turn their nose up at Ashley Young who was instrumental in a team that finished 7th rather than surviving by the skin of their teeth.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

They’re a weird bunch furious about not signing Coady (who’s useless) And then turn their nose up at Ashley Young who was instrumental in a team that finished 7th rather than surviving by the skin of their teeth.

They are a weirdly bitter bunch, probably still fuming he scored that goal in 2009

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, I totally get the Everton fans' dismay. If we were in their shoes I wouldn't be happy with us signing a 38 year old, no matter how much he was a legend at another club. 

• Like 3

Â