Ashley Young

maqroll

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's retired for a long time though so I can see why he went there for the last decent wage offering.

Hope it doesn't end in relegation though.

I like Everton, I like Dyche, but blimey that club is a shambles at the minute.

I honestly can't imagine why.

Young getting relegated would be the *only* bad thing about Everton going down as far as I'm concerned. Well that and it'd be an easy 4/6 points a season gone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Each to their own I accept. There are far bigger muppets in the game than him.

I quite like Dyche too FWIW.

Most football fans just seem to hate anyone that isn’t <their team> related. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I quite like Dyche too FWIW.

Most football fans just seem to hate anyone that isn’t <their team> related. 

He pretty much brushed off Wesley career destroying injury and said Mee was innocent. 

That was the day he became a prick 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He pretty much brushed off Wesley career destroying injury and said Mee was innocent. 

That was the day he became a prick 

Manager of player who is getting criticised for a bad challenge decides not to lay into his own player. What shock. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Manager of player who is getting criticised for a bad challenge decides not to lay into his own player. What shock. 

He could have said it was a bad tackle. He said the ref gave a goal kick a great decision then he went out and said he heard Wesley said its all part of the game

2nd career ruining tackle made by the same player

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He could have said it was a bad tackle. He said the ref gave a goal kick a great decision then he went out and said he heard Wesley said its all part of the game

2nd career ruining tackle made by the same player

He didn’t say great decision at all? He just said neither the ref nor VAR thought the challenge was any worse and that the injury was unfortunate.

Oh no, what a prick :D 

I wouldn't judge him by his performances for Everton and say it was one season too many. There's a big difference in how he'd perform being rotated in our squad under Unai and playing a lot of games for Dyche. Individually if you put all our players into Everton's team they would look worse because their overall team is weaker and tactically it's miles off us.

I can't stand Dyche, he had Burnley up for a while but never once tried to get them to play football and sustain themselves. The likes of Norwich, Sheff Utd etc all came up and tried to keep playing football that would help them in the long run, Brighton and Brentford have done it now. I'd rather get relegated than have to watch a Dyche team, Everton are already top for "long balls attempted" after 2 games, thankfully we are bottom of that table. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He symbolises a wider problem at the club

Whoever thought 38 year old Ashley Young was ideal to start every PL game needs sacking

Even as back up to 35 year old perma crock colman it was a stretch

There's still a tiny bit of usefulness to squeeze out of young (kw) Everton being thr shambles that they are don't know how to do it

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Whoever thought 38 year old Ashley Young was ideal to start every PL game needs sacking

There's still a tiny bit of usefulness to squeeze out of young (kw) Everton being thr shambles that they are don't know how to do it

Not sure how you would call a guy that usually plays 30 games a season a perma crock

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I personally thought young was a good signing for them but as a player that would be rotated. Not as someone that will be 1st starter for 38 games. I love ash but i think emery was probably right in parting ways

Â