Ashley Young

maqroll

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Thought he was rubbish. 

Club made a good decision 

Bad day for him today, nightmare throw in. But perhaps he won't be rubbish in Everton's next game given that earlier this year he put in some great performances with us and a lot of us were heaping praise on him. We'll see...

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im just happy hw got a great reception yesterday.  He really deserves it.

This. I too was pleased to hear we gave him a nice reception and it was rounded off perfectly with his part he played in our 4th goal.  🙂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im just happy hw got a great reception yesterday.  He really deserves it.

It was a textbook ex-player return for us.

1. Early goal(s) lead against an away team that everyone could sense offered very little threat of coming back in to the game.✅

2. Ex-player doesn't play well and doesn't 'bad tackle' anyone.✅

3. Ex-player takes corners enabling Villa fans to directly applaud (kudos to Young for professionally not acknowledging this during the game).✅

4. Ex-player acknowledges applause after heavy defeat is complete.✅

5. Ex-player clearly infuriates the couple of dozen away fans, who remain at full time, for completing tasks 2 and 4.✅

• Like 1

21 hours ago, robby b said:

Bad day for him today, nightmare throw in. But perhaps he won't be rubbish in Everton's next game given that earlier this year he put in some great performances with us and a lot of us were heaping praise on him. We'll see...

Towards the very end of the season I thought his form dropped off and suspected that maybe the club sensed age had caught up with him.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think 1 more season would have been 1 more season to many for him, certainly at this level. 

Will be a sad end to a glittering career to get relegated with Everton though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he could have been useful in the cups but you can see uts catching up with him now. He should definitely retire aftee this season

Or head off to the US for a bit of a jolly.

I guess that’s a little bit like retirement.

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I think 1 more season would have been 1 more season to many for him, certainly at this level. 

Will be a sad end to a glittering career to get relegated with Everton though. 

He's retired for a long time though so I can see why he went there for the last decent wage offering.

Hope it doesn't end in relegation though.

I like Everton, I like Dyche, but blimey that club is a shambles at the minute.

• Like 1

Â