Ashley Young

maqroll

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not sure how you would call a guy that usually plays 30 games a season a perma crock

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's played 30 PL games 4 times in his 14 year Everton career

Also his injury record has gotten worse in recent years (no surprise, given his age and track miles)

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Probably could still do a job here tbf but it's like Carragher said to JT when he was considering going to Bournemouth over Villa...you're going to be exposed, in a poor side and you're going to look absolutely stupid.

I think it was right time for him to go. I would have liked to have kept him around as a coach tbh in some capacity with the kids 

On 26/11/2023 at 18:02, Demitri_C said:

I gotta say i did question it, but unai was right to release young. He is past his best now. Age finally catching up with him

Agree - I had exactly the same reaction in the summer; more so when we didn't sign a replacement.

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

Agree - I had exactly the same reaction in the summer; more so when we didn't sign a replacement.

Tbf, I still wish we’d signed a replacement. RB is the position that leaves me most nervous.

Actually no, GK, but still RB is a worry.

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

He'd look a lot better for us than he does for Everton.

Would he? Cash is a decent player but often looks weaker than he is due to the quality of the rest of the backline. Think maybe Young might be showed up a bit nowadays.

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Tbf, I still wish we’d signed a replacement. RB is the position that leaves me most nervous.

Actually no, GK, but still RB is a worry.

Oh - in my view we need to upgrade Cash and he become a squad player (unless Unai thinks he can step up again).
I was just amazed he let Young go at all.

I was so wrong!

• Like 1

Â