Ashley Young

maqroll

Are the club honestly saying they couldn't make room for a player who knows how to see out a game, the very skill you need when the going gets twitchy next year?

Not just that, the man was more than pulling his weight.  He would have been on the short list for the player of the season in our best one in a decade too. 

I'd love to know the truth behind this one!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

I expected better from our owners but in this day and age i really shouldn't! 

I would be worried if the owners were signing and releasing players

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would be worried if the owners were signing and releasing players

Last game of the season they asked Ashley Young on the pitch his plans and he said it was up to the owners, but he wanted to stay.

I’m a little sad to see him gone. We need numbers next season and he seems to still be fit, strong and professional. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John said:

Really nice twitter message from Ashley. A top player and he is one of those ex-players that will always have some found memories of those years that he spent at our club, as do we. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to show him our appreciation at our games against Everton this season.  

He seems still angry with current decision makers when he chose not to thank all managers and staff, but only those who believed and trusted in him, those who know who they are.

Secondly thanks to the managers and staff that believed and trusted in me, you know who you are!

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

I expected better from our owners but in this day and age i really shouldn't! 

Ruthless businessmen. 

36 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He seems still angry with current decision makers when he chose not to thank all managers and staff, but only those who believed and trusted in him, those who know who they are.

Secondly thanks to the managers and staff that believed and trusted in me, you know who you are!

Big up Stevie G

Still don't really understand this one tbh. It was a no-brainer to keep him, knowing we need cover, and he did well. We now need 'better' cover, which will surely be expensive, and hard to convince a better player than Ashley Young to play second fiddle to Matty Cash.

37 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If the wages websites are to be believed he's on a fair chunk of money and perhaps the club think they can spend this more wisely. 

Yeah I think it's purely that. We'll probably buy a young RB to compete with Cash who will be on half what Ashley was on.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I didnt know this before but Young and Dyche are former team mates

Yep at Watford 

I wish him the best of luck but I trust the judgement of the club here. Everton are on a different level to us right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Â