Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Dunno we were good the following season and had a smaller scale implosion preventing us from 4th.  Reached the League Cup final too which we were royally screwed out of.

We were good but I don't think we were as good as the season before. Although granted the league cup and FA cup runs were both good.

I still think that away game vs Blackburn was the peak of the mountain. It was the first time I actually thought "We're going to do this. We're going to finish in the top 4"

The Stoke game was literally the next game, IIRC.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We were good but I don't think we were as good as the season before. Although granted the league cup and FA cup runs were both good.

I still think that away game vs Blackburn was the peak of the mountain. It was the first time I actually thought "We're going to do this. We're going to finish in the top 4"

Yeah went to that Blackburn game and I think it took us 3 points off the top.

Think the next game was a narrow 1-0 defeat at home to Chelsea that I thought nothing of at the time and then Stoke was next.

Did the CSKA fiasco precede these two games because I think some partially blamed that for our dip.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Think the next game was a narrow 1-0 defeat at home to Chelsea that I thought nothing of at the time and then Stoke was next.

Did the CSKA fiasco precede these two games because I think some partially blamed that for our dip.

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Cska 2nd leg was before Stoke game

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

One of the best opening games to a season I've experienced. We were suoerb that day. 

95/96 was the best one i can remember being there in person for. We don't beat united very often but 3-0 up at half time was unbelievble and eventually led to Hansens now famous "won't win anything with kids" rant and was the first installment of the grey kit fiasco.

Uited team that day wasn't exactly crap : Schmeichel, Neville, Parker, Pallister (O'Kane 59), Irwin, P. Neville (Beckham 45), Keane, Scholes, Butt, Sharpe, McClair

• 1 month later...

They've had some bad results. Losing to Sheff Utd was terrible for them, and obviously the blues and wigan losses didn't help. They are still tied on points for an automatic spot. Just means our match against them might be very important.

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

They've had some bad results. Losing to Sheff Utd was terrible for them, and obviously the blues and wigan losses didn't help. They are still tied on points for an automatic spot. Just means our match against them might be very important.

It will be very important for them, we could be guaranteed a 5th spot by monday and rest a few players for the play-offs.

I still prefer them to go up over Sheffield.

Think they’ve blown their automatic hopes, remaining fixtures are Brentford (a), Villa (h) and Ipswich (h). 

Now they may well win all of those, but they’re still reliant on Sheff Utd dropping points. They have Hull (a), Ipswich (h) and Stoke (a).

2 hours ago, AXD said:

It will be very important for them, we could be guaranteed a 5th spot by monday and rest a few players for the play-offs.

I still prefer them to go up over Sheffield.

Not sure we are allowed rest too many players as rules changed after Huddersfield did it

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Looking back I think I'm glad we never got champs league. It would have upped the spending sure but we would have got people like Dave Kitson in

a Kevin Doyle/Emile Heskey forward line

Â