Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

22 hours ago, BOF said:

Before Leeds even hired Bielsa, Guardiola was on record as saying that he's the best coach in the world.  Even if that's slightly hyperbolic, it shows the esteem he is held in by arguably the best coach.  People should just learn what they can from him and move on from this now.  You've got a world class coach.  Most people knew that.  But now you've got a stone cold f**king leg-end :)

Pep has spoken up for Bielsa again today, very pleased he did that 😀

it does seem that Bielsa has played a bit of a blinder, he has turned the story around, turned the attention on to the hypocrisy in English football and got a lot of support from it, good man Bielsa. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not that I'm particularly bothered by the spying thing, I don't think it's a massive deal, but the above really isn't the same thing.

True.

But i doubt Bielsa would care if he was spied on, so just tell everyone to have at it, that way if we still beat them then they cant complain. 

23 hours ago, Cjay said:

Personally id like Bielsa to invite every Championship manager to watch us before the game, just to shut them all up. 

6 minutes ago, Cjay said:

True.

But i doubt Bielsa would care if he was spied on, so just tell everyone to have at it, that way if we still beat them then they cant complain. 

Whether Bielsa is happy is for other clubs to watch his training sessions is utterly irrelevant to whether other managers should accept that their training sessions are being spied on.

Go back a few pages to the humorous post by @HanoiVillan. I’m more than happy for Gemma Arterton to watch me shower, the invitation is there for her, no problem for me. So because I’m fine with it, I’ll just take it as read that she wouldn’t have a problem returning the favour without running the idea before her first.

• Like 2

Whatever ends up happening it's immoral, maybe not illegal but immoral and it is essentially cheating.

It's cheating in the same sense that going down for a penalty with minimal contact is, perhaps gamesmanship is a better term but then I'm pretty sure gamesmanship was invented so that you could label someone a cheat without being sued for defamation of character.

That it's Leeds United involved makes sense, horrible club, horrible supporters. Karma will get to them though at some point I'm sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

First up, Guardiola was asked about the big story of the week after one of his managerial idols, Marcelo Bielsa, who coaches Leeds, admitted to spying on opponents. Does it affect Pep’s admiration for ‘El Loco’?

“My respect remains the same, absolutely the same,” Pep said of Bielsa. “I admired what he has done in the past, why should I change my opinion? I know him, I would not say perfectly, but a little bit. I understand Frank Lampard too, both sides are understandable.

“Barcelona was a bunker, it was impossible to see. The story is true. I saw the highlights, I didn’t see the whole press conference and no manager around the world works with the amount of information he produces for every single game and players. It is unique. What I learned from what he said is that football belongs to the players. The players make the difference.” 

No its not Pep, they all do it apparently, how silly of you. 

Glad Pep spoke up for Bielsa, means a lot more coming from him then criticism from ex players and lower league managers. 

Pep is hardly a man of morality now is he

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Whether Bielsa is happy is for other clubs to watch his training sessions is utterly irrelevant to whether other managers should accept that their training sessions are being spied on.

Go back a few pages to the humorous post by @HanoiVillan. I’m more than happy for Gemma Arterton to watch me shower, the invitation is there for her, no problem for me. So because I’m fine with it, I’ll just take it as read that she wouldn’t have a problem returning the favour without running the idea before her first.

Well no because that is actually illegal, which this isnt, its open to interpretation.

Anyway we have an indication of clear bias in the EFL panel that makes the decision thanks to Steve Lansdown, so thats great for us, EFL got a nightmare on there hands now.

I did agree it was bad manners, no more then that, after the fuss thats been made then stuff the rest.

13 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Well no because that is actually illegal, which this isnt, its open to interpretation.

Anyway we have an indication of clear bias in the EFL panel that makes the decision thanks to Steve Lansdown, so thats great for us, EFL got a nightmare on there hands now.

I did agree it was bad manners, no more then that, after the fuss thats been made then stuff the rest.

Whether it’s illegal or not is not the point I was making (which was a daft extreme example that I was making to highlight that just because one person is ok with something, someone else might not be).

You saying Bielsa would be happy to let other managers watch Leeds train doesn’t mean that other managers should be ok with their training sessions being spied on. 

I’m sure Bielsa is great and a brilliant tactician blah blah blah, so if he doesn’t need to spy on the opposition then don’t. Pretty damn simple really.

What I liked about Bielsa's response to all this is how "Leeds" it was.

I don't care what you think, this is how I do things and this is how I'll continue to do things thanks very much, I make my own decisions.

It's as Yorkshire an attitude as it could be.

32 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Whether it’s illegal or not is not the point I was making (which was a daft extreme example that I was making to highlight that just because one person is ok with something, someone else might not be).

You saying Bielsa would be happy to let other managers watch Leeds train doesn’t mean that other managers should be ok with their training sessions being spied on. 

I’m sure Bielsa is great and a brilliant tactician blah blah blah, so if he doesn’t need to spy on the opposition then don’t. Pretty damn simple really.

Admittedly a strange point but Bielsa has been a lot more honest then those in football  who have condemned him.

Personally i think its not a big deal, far worse goes on and its a mountain out of a mole hill.

There are people claiming it doesnt go on in this country then admitting they take precautions, why take precautions if it doesnt go on?

He also said the only reason he does it because he "is stupid". 

Hypocrisy is rife in football and Bielsa has exposed it, fair play to him.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I suppose these critics did worse than have failed drugs test as a player? 

Good god man compared to some of the things the critics have got up to a failed drugs test is nothing.

Morals go well beyond the realms of football, you cant preach morals and get upto some of the things his critics have in there private lives.

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Good god man compared to some of the things the critics have got up to a failed drugs test is nothing.

Morals go well beyond the realms of football, you cant preach morals and get upto some of the things his critics have in there private lives.

Wow ok. Do you have examples? 

16 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Admittedly a strange point but Bielsa has been a lot more honest then those in football  who have condemned him.

Personally i think its not a big deal, far worse goes on and its a mountain out of a mole hill.

There are people claiming it doesnt go on in this country then admitting they take precautions, why take precautions if it doesnt go on?

He also said the only reason he does it because he "is stupid". 

Hypocrisy is rife in football and Bielsa has exposed it, fair play to him.

I agree far worse goes on. I said previously it should probably be a slap on the wrist, a fine. They should probably put something official down in order to deter it happening in the future.

It doesn’t really matter to me how much it goes on elsewhere, whether it does or doesn’t shouldn’t matter. Like it’s been said before, diving in the game happens all the time, but that doesn’t mean it should just be ignored when it’s been determined someone has done it. It’s unsporting and improper. It shouldn’t happen, but the football authorities should be more proactive in preventing.

I doubt he thinks he’s stupid, so the false modesty doesn’t really wash with me.

And I doubt that in years to come people will look back at this episode as some exemplary sporting morality lesson Bielsa has taught us.

I find the faux outrage over Bielsa ‘spying’ (which could just as easily be described as thorough preparation) on other clubs ridiculous, with many professionals stating it’s out of order and not proper conduct blah blah blah - yet no one does anything about greedy agents manufacturing moves, diving and players getting tapped up (that’s just part of the game!) 

I would love to see the reaction if it were a media darling manager (such as Lampard) caught ‘spying’ - guaranteed it would be spun a completely different way... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wow ok. Do you have examples? 

Well abusing  grieving 9/11 relatives the day after 9/11 is a start? Thats Lampard and Jody Morris.

No need to go into examples of the questionable character of quite a few of the critics, its all online, Gary Neville of all people was very quick to round on one journalist who jumped on the bandwagon.

If your going to question a mans integrity and whatever then you better be squeaky clean imo or your a hypocrite.

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I agree far worse goes on. I said previously it should probably be a slap on the wrist, a fine. They should probably put something official down in order to deter it happening in the future.

It doesn’t really matter to me how much it goes on elsewhere, whether it does or doesn’t shouldn’t matter. Like it’s been said before, diving in the game happens all the time, but that doesn’t mean it should just be ignored when it’s been determined someone has done it. It’s unsporting and improper. It shouldn’t happen, but the football authorities should be more proactive in preventing.

I doubt he thinks he’s stupid, so the false modesty doesn’t really wash with me.

And I doubt that in years to come people will look back at this episode as some exemplary sporting morality lesson Bielsa has taught us.

I agree they should, if people are going to get so upset about something then make sure it cant happen again.

My point really the whole time has been just the hypocrisy of the whole situation, thats whats annoyed me more then anything.

Today Tony Pulis openly admitted that in the past he would call up mates at opposition clubs or local press to gather information on his opponents, just casually in a press conference when asked about Bielsa.

Thats not newsworthy, not even mentioned, Pulis openly admits it in a press conference and nobody cares, thats cheating, thats worse then what Bielsa did.

If Bielsa said that it would be all over Sky Sports.

I think the whole affair has reeked of xenophobia from the start.

Was bielsa wrong, yeah i suppose morally, would it have been so newsworthy if it was Pulis, Lampard, Warnock etc, nope not imo.

On Talksport 2 this morning it was mentioned that Woy and Palace wanted Clarke from Leeds for £3m!

Is Levy advising them on transfers or does Woy think it is still 1989? I would pay double or three times that for the lad but why would be want to leave Leeds for us or even the mighty Palace just now? Has to be fake news doesn't it? ;)

20 hours ago, Cjay said:

Pep has spoken up for Bielsa again today, very pleased he did that 😀

it does seem that Bielsa has played a bit of a blinder, he has turned the story around, turned the attention on to the hypocrisy in English football and got a lot of support from it, good man Bielsa. 

Happy for you.

Bielsa seem like the real deal, great appointment. And don't worry about the prem next season mate, Bielsa have already spied on every single team.

Â