Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

In the 19 league matches they’ve played in 2019, they’ve lost 8. For context Norwich have lost 1, Sheff Utd 2 and Villa 3.

Since spygate to be exact 😉

• Like 1

Some Leeds players looked a bit mentally defeated at the end there. Think they might struggle to get motivated for the playoffs if they do fall short of automatics which is looking incredibly likely. 

Honestly, I'd take our position of being 5th whilst having momentum behind us over finishing 3rd in disappointment. 

Edited by PieFacE

35 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

In the 19 league matches they’ve played in 2019, they’ve lost 8. For context Norwich have lost 1, Sheff Utd 2 and Villa 3.

Absolute classic Bielsa. 

Remember all those people saying this was different?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolute classic Bielsa. 

I do indeed. I’m not very knowledgable on Bielsa so this is all kinda new to me.

I’m still wary of them, but not as much as I was, even as recently as a couple of weeks ago. That may change after our next game, but there’s been a sufficient enough decline to suggest they’re not as fearsome as they appeared to be.

Completely arbitrary, but over the past 20 games, the top three would be Sheff Utd on 44, Norwich on 40 and Villa on 39.

Leeds would be 9th on 31 points.

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Since spygate to be exact 😉

Haha well, it’s close enough.

• Like 1

Tbf it's a pretty impressive feat having the team that finished 13th last season still in contention for automatics after spending  £10m on transfers this season. (and having they guy they spent most of that money on missing 22 games due to injury)

Their squad is average and I'm pretty sure that without a manager of his quality they'd be behind us and a few more team in the table.

And Leeds collapsing is as much a Leeds thing as a Bielsa thing.  

A match made in heaven :D

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolute classic Bielsa. 

Dont blame Bielsa personally.

You let your number 10 leave and dont replace him, you let a midfielder leave (Baker was shite tbf) but another body let go and not replaced and you dont sign the winger the manager wanted in two transfer windows  (not just James but that ilk, pacey and direct the other was the dude who went to Derby). 

We gambled on Bielsa being enough.

Its not over yet but deflated isn't the word.

Seems to be the vintage Bielsa burn out, although it has to be said, he has transformed an extremely average side into a title challenger, which is no mean feat at all. Obviously, going into the playoffs I'm hoping they are exhausted, deflated and lacking the experience of these sorts of occasions, but I'm still concerned that a manager of Bielsa's quality and experience has a few things up his sleeve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seems to be the vintage Bielsa burn out, although it has to be said, he has transformed an extremely average side into a title challenger, which is no mean feat at all. Obviously, going into the playoffs I'm hoping they are exhausted, deflated and lacking the experience of these sorts of occasions, but I'm still concerned that a manager of Bielsa's quality and experience has a few things up his sleeve.

I certainly wouldn't dismiss them. They might just have enough time to ready themselves mentally for the playoffs now as opposed to losing it on the last day. The reality is that they won't get 2nd and by the time they kick off against us they should be 6 points off so they'll know then it's over.

Â