Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not at all. We didn't deserve to be spoken about last season. We were awful for large periods. 

I would like Smith to get more credit but that doesn't impact my dislike for the wank fest over Biesla. Smith would manager of the Month and has been getting loads of plaudits this year and I'm still sick of hearing about the myth of Biesla. 

And its a shame it is so over the top because it takes away from the credit he actually deserves. But I'm not going to listen to that when Sky wouldn't stop praising him for losing a game and conceding 6 goals. 

But this is what is lost on most fans. The reason for the praise wasn’t because we lost and conceded 6. It was praise for the mentality of still going to score & not accepting that they had been soundly beaten. We could have gone there set up not to lose & lost 3/4/5-0. But we set up to try to win the game yes we got beat 6-2 but we went to win. The media either looks at it 2 ways either it’s naive & not the done thing in the top flight or it’s refreshing to see a team of “championship cloggers” go toe to toe yes get beat 6-2 but come away thinking you know we could have had 6 ourselves.

It’s like this if we set up to defend in the usual way and lost 1/2-0 every week in tight games but didn’t look like scoring that is more worrying that taking it to teams creating loads of chances & winning games but being susceptible to taking hammerings every now and again. Yes the risk is worth the reward. 

are Leeds greater than the sum of their parts yes and that is down to Bielsa that’s why he gets the praise. This board will rate everyone of your players above ours but you’re only 3 points in front that’s because of bielsa setting up to win games & not setting up not to lose. 

A post earlier said ayling is a clogger so if that’s the case why are you saying they’ve only won 9 games as though it’s a bad thing. 

2 minutes ago, BigRed said:

But this is what is lost on most fans. The reason for the praise wasn’t because we lost and conceded 6. It was praise for the mentality of still going to score & not accepting that they had been soundly beaten. We could have gone there set up not to lose & lost 3/4/5-0. But we set up to try to win the game yes we got beat 6-2 but we went to win. The media either looks at it 2 ways either it’s naive & not the done thing in the top flight or it’s refreshing to see a team of “championship cloggers” go toe to toe yes get beat 6-2 but come away thinking you know we could have had 6 ourselves.

It’s like this if we set up to defend in the usual way and lost 1/2-0 every week in tight games but didn’t look like scoring that is more worrying that taking it to teams creating loads of chances & winning games but being susceptible to taking hammerings every now and again. Yes the risk is worth the reward. 

are Leeds greater than the sum of their parts yes and that is down to Bielsa that’s why he gets the praise. This board will rate everyone of your players above ours but you’re only 3 points in front that’s because of bielsa setting up to win games & not setting up not to lose. 

A post earlier said ayling is a clogger so if that’s the case why are you saying they’ve only won 9 games as though it’s a bad thing. 

I disagree. You're not the first team to try and win a game against a big club. 

And to some extent that deserves credit but the way they went on and on for a team that just lost heavily is crazy. 

I actually like Biesla, even if I do think there is a major wankfest over him. I'd want a manager like that here and I'd want our team to play that way, if we didn't have Deano and what he's doing for us. 

But for me, and I can only speak for myself, the over the top nonsense ruins all the good credit he should actually get. 

• Like 2

Don't remember us getting much praise when we were smashing one off the underside of the bar at 8-0 against Chelsea in 2012.

If you're losing 6-2 you don't deserve praise because your game plan hasn't worked.  Don't begrudge praise when it's due but it's as if the commentators are instructed to blow smoke up Leeds' arse no matter what.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Don't remember us getting much praise when we were smashing one off the underside of the bar at 8-0 against Chelsea in 2012.

If you're losing 6-2 you don't deserve praise because your game plan hasn't worked.  Don't begrudge praise when it's due but it's as if the commentators are instructed to blow smoke up Leeds' arse no matter what.

You weren’t a promoted team in 2012 you were an under performing premier league team. 

Have you missed all the criticism we’ve had for being naive as well 

20 minutes ago, BigRed said:

You weren’t a promoted team in 2012 you were an under performing premier league team. 

Have you missed all the criticism we’ve had for being naive as well 

Any criticism usually results in sexist tweets is what I noticed

Blackpool had twenty-eight points after twenty games, just a point less than Leeds' current total after the same amount of fixtures. The difference between this and other seasons though is how poor the bottom three are doing, normally the team in eighteenth place has around twenty points at this stage, so a lot of midtable clubs still have concern that they're just a bad run away from finding themselves in the relegation battle.

2 hours ago, BigRed said:

I love watching Bielsa teams tbh so I'm miles away from being his biggest critic on this forum.

However surely you can see it being OTT he was being nominated for world manager of the year compared to say likes of Wilder (last season) and Nuno who got Wolves up and then had them finishing 7th.

As much as Leeds have been good to watch for most of the season, does seem to be a myth that's developed in the press and Leeds fans have taken it up as badge of honour that no promoted team has ever come up and played in an attacking manner before, been loads of promoted teams who've done that and finished top half.

Bit like you all seem to be frothing at the mouth on waccoe or whatever it's called that Grealish has been deemed a very good player this season by the wider football community.😉

West Ham for example came up in 2005 and finished 9th and reached an FA cup final. Wigan were 10th the same season. Reading were 8th in 06/07.

That means people on here then go in extra hard when they deserve credit for how they've done so it distorts things. A fair few were predicting they'd be relegated and think they're now 15 points clear of bottom 3 so doing more than o.k.

Interesting if Bielsa actually stays on for next season as not too convinced and then that will be a big test for Leeds to replace him effectively.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I love watching Bielsa teams tbh so I'm miles away from being his biggest critic on this forum.

However surely you can see it being OTT he was being nominated for world manager of the year compared to say likes of Wilder (last season) and Nuno who got Wolves up and then had them finishing 7th.

As much as Leeds have been good to watch for most of the season, does seem to be a myth that's developed in the press and Leeds fans have taken it up as badge of honour that no promoted team has ever come up and played in an attacking manner before, been loads of promoted teams who've done that and finished top half.

Bit like you all seem to be frothing at the mouth on waccoe or whatever it's called that Grealish has been deemed a very good player this season by the wider football community.😉

West Ham for example came up in 2005 and finished 9th and reached an FA cup final. Wigan were 10th the same season. Reading were 8th in 06/07.

That means people on here then go in extra hard when they deserve credit for how they've done so it distorts things. A fair few were predicting they'd be relegated and think they're now 15 points clear of bottom 3 so doing more than o.k.

Interesting if Bielsa actually stays on for next season as not too convinced and then that will be a big test for Leeds to replace him effectively.

Most deluded fan base I've seen in many years. 

What's happening with Jack Harrison, he was far and away your best player when you beat us, I thought he was outstanding and have kept a closer on him since - he's excellent.

He's in his third year at Leeds I believe, all of them on loan from Man City (I'll ignore that I think that's ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed for the moment) are there any plans to make the deal permanent, will City be looking to take him back in the summer?

One for the Players you forgot about (or never heard of) or the Swedish football thread but Swedish attacker Pawel Cibicki who was signed by Leeds in 2017 and sold in 2020 (was only a bit part player for them and loaned out a lot) has been banned from all sport in Sweden pending sentencing after being part in a betting scandal. He's had his family and friends bet on him getting yellow cards and stuff like that along with a few other players.

Absolutely not a star but he was a very promising player when younger and has 9 U-21 caps for Sweden. Hope he goes to jail if found guilty. 

Â