Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I don't think there's much between the two tbh.

Bamfords numbers are better in both goals and assists but they're pretty similar players and you could probably swap clubs for both and the results would be similar.

Wouldn't have DCL anywhere near the England squad personally, great with his head. Useless with his feet.

In a more serious reaction I completely agree. I'd put them on a par with each other at present. Both are relatively new to the Premier League too so it will be interesting to see how both kick on from here.

The thought of Bamford in a Villa shirt is still nightmare inducing though given his antics in previous games against us!

38 minutes ago, a-k said:

Record vs current top 9 (since Leeds are 10th)

Leeds: P11 W3 D1 L7, 10 points

Brighton: P11 W3 D2 L6, 11 points (not including the win over 10th placed Leeds)

"more likely"

Yeah, Burnley have also beaten us, Liverpool, Arsenal, drawn against us and Everton.

"villalad21".  Absolute classic.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Bamfords numbers are better in both goals and assists but they're pretty similar players and you could probably swap clubs for both and the results would be similar.

Wouldn't have DCL anywhere near the England squad personally, great with his head. Useless with his feet.

Hard to tell because unlike you lot I don't watch each others games ;)

Watkins has a quality off the ball that stats won't show very well, great movement when we have the ball and excellent energy in a high press

Not a clue what Bamfords doing beyond the goal stats 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They are fantastic considering about half of their squad would be a bunch of nobodies playing in the Championship right now had it not been for Bielsa. 

They have come up and made a joke of the other promoted teams, while playing their own style regardless of the opponent.

4 points off Chelsea if they win their game in hand.

The best thing about Bielsa is while they will lose badly at times, they are still more likely to beat big sides compared to other teams who are meant to be around their level. All this whilst playing entertaining and attacking football.

For a promoted team being well in the mix in the top half of the table and not worrying about relegation while not having spent an enormous amount of money is a fantastic achievement.

I can only see them getting better with more transfer windows. Premier League has never been this competitive. There are so many good teams now.

The best thing about bielsa is he will lose badly at times. What a terrible compliment. Shipped 6 against a gym teacher

Cried at smith losing 1-0 or 2-1 gamed

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Nah you're alright.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I've never seen you write anything like this for villa. 

And they spent more on Rodrigo than we've ever spent on a player. 

You paid more for Watkins you know right?

I wouldn't swap Watkins for Bamford but I think both are good strikers who are having good seasons for their respective clubs.

There are a lot of our fans that think Bamford is sh*t but I do feel that's skewed because of his theatrics against us the other season and the fact that he comes across as a bit of a kn0b.

Judging him purely on his football ability, I quite rate him, I think he leads the line well for Leeds, defends from the front, links play, has a nice touch and has moments of real class finishing (see the game at VP) BUTTTTTT, he does miss some very easy chances and is really inconsistent with his finishing, sometimes from the sublime to the ridiculous. Last night's game was evident of what you get with PB, intercepted a loose pass, very cleverly knocked it past Cahill and left him for dead (will not mention Gary treading in water), clean through on goal and blazes his shot high into the South Stand. Such a poor finish but I begrudgingly don't think he's a bad player. England class?! Not for me. 

• Like 2

Bamford has been around a long time and he reminds me a lot of a former Leeds player sniffer Clarke. I thought he had real talent years ago at Boro but hadn't really progressed, but hes come good at Leeds .Both Watkins and Bamford offer different qualities. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Smiths record against bielsa is poor. They did ride their luck as we missed chances and were more clincal. But we havea good enough team ti beat them.

I dont want to see another 3-0 horros show

like everything to do with Smith more of a big deal is made of this than it should. Played 4 times and 2 draws, Leeds needed a late equaliser at home to Smith Brentford and the other was a dead rubber game. One of the losses we had no Jack and a back 4 of Hutton, Bree, crippled Chester and Elmo and think Nyland in goal and the other was this season which they beat us soundly

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I agree with this, I think both players fit the system of the club as well, hopefully we never have to see them switch sides to see if they would do it for the other team ;) 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The problem with Bamford IMO is his shot conversion rate is very poor. He needs about twice as many chances as Kane and Ings, and three times as many chances as Calvert-Lewin to score. Can't rely on England to create as many chances as Leeds do in the league, international football just doesn't work that way, especially in the difficult matches.

That being said, he's probably not a million miles away. Bearing in mind Greenwood has been poor this season, I would have Bamford somewhere between 4th and 7th in line. My heart says he'd be behind Watkins of course, but I'm not sure about that.

This.

I still don't actually think he's very good.

He just plays for a team that create a shit load of chances for him.

Last night he missed a couple of sitters, had a half chance that he casually blazed higher than a Gundogan penalty. But they just create create create for him so he eventually scores

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Bamford has been around a long time and he reminds me a lot of a former Leeds player sniffer Clarke. I thought he had real talent years ago at Boro but hadn't really progressed, but hes come good at Leeds .Both Watkins and Bamford offer different qualities. 

Omg a good honest post from a villa fan!

I might just fall off my chair :)

Bamford: 12 goals, not many fans of any club would have predicted that.

3 minutes ago, woody153 said:

why would you come to a Villa forum if you didnt think we had honest opinions

Strange but unsurprising

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, woody153 said:

Haha the irony, when all Leeds fans do is slag off Grealish. 

• Like 1

Earlier in the season Bamford seemed to be missing chance after chance but as Leeds have slowly started creating less for him, his conversion rate has gone up.

There seems to be no shortage of in form English strikers this season but I'd take both Bamford and Watkins to the Euros for what they offer in addition to the goals. Obviously Kane starts if fit but those two have been ahead of all the other contenders for overall forward play this season imho.

11 minutes ago, woody153 said:

Omg a post from woody153 after a Leeds victory!

I might just fall off my chair 🙂.

Why would you come back if there’s no honest posts on here?

Â