Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What's happening with Jack Harrison, he was far and away your best player when you beat us, I thought he was outstanding and have kept a closer on him since - he's excellent.

He's in his third year at Leeds I believe, all of them on loan from Man City (I'll ignore that I think that's ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed for the moment) are there any plans to make the deal permanent, will City be looking to take him back in the summer?

We were meant to buy him in the summer but promotion wasn't confirmed until after the agreement had ended (8 mil)

Loan was renewed with a now 10 million buyout at the end of the season.

Bit funny you're all making Blackpool comparisons like you're 15 points ahead of us. Sort yourselves out 😂

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

We were meant to buy him in the summer but promotion wasn't confirmed until after the agreement had ended (8 mil)

Understood, he's a bargain at that price in fairness!

• Like 1

Blackpool were on 28 points after twenty games, so were having a very similar season in terms of number of points won, having a very attacking outlook, getting some shock results, but also a few heavy defeats. It's hardly a ridiculous comparison.I'm not sure what us not being fifteen points ahead has anything to with anything, if Blackpool were  in the division and doing as well now as they were back then, we'd only be four points ahead of them.

Really comparisons to them shouldn't be taken as a diss, as they had a good season, and were very unlucky to be relegated, most other seasons their 39 points would have been enough to stay up.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Bit funny you're all making Blackpool comparisons like you're 15 points ahead of us. Sort yourselves out 😂

Huh? Blackpool were a good team in the first 2/3 of the season. Relegated with the highest number of points, 39 I think. At this point in the season, the comparison is apt. February that season they were playing us off the park at their place.

Also, we can be Sheffield United and still make the comparison, not sure what that has to do with anything :lol: 

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Saiz was also investigated for match fixing whilst on loan in Spain.

had forgotten about him, didnt he get a ridiculous ban for spitting when he was at Leeds or was that somebody else

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Huh? Blackpool were a good team in the first 2/3 of the season. Relegated with the highest number of points, 39 I think. At this point in the season, the comparison is apt. February that season they were playing us off the park at their place.

Also, we can be Sheffield United and still make the comparison, not sure what that has to do with anything :lol: 

It's still being used as a stick to beat us with regardless, Blackpool are remembered for being too gung ho for their own good however you want to try and turn it. Nobody is looking at other attacking sides and saying 'wow they play like prime Blackpool'

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

It's still being used as a stick to beat us with regardless, Blackpool are remembered for being too gung ho for their own good however you want to try and turn it. Nobody is looking at other attacking sides and saying 'wow they play like prime Blackpool'

No other side is being treated as though they are the first team in PL history to come up and have a go.

There is nothing unique about Leeds this season other teams have come up and had a go, other teams have had a cavalier approach, other teams have done as well as Leeds, other teams have done better than Leeds.

Yet the myth of Leeds being unique is rammed down the necks of football fans week after week by some in the media. That isn’t Leeds fault but you shouldn’t be surprised that fans of other teams are sick of it or delight in highlighting the absolute guff that it is.

Leeds are doing well for a promoted side, no more and no less.  It is interesting how no mention is ever made about how much you spent in the summer but it seems coverage of Leeds is just different to other sides for some unknown reason.

• Like 2

Just now, tom_avfc said:

You and about 5 other Leeds fans post on here fairly regularly which probably helps this thread be particularly active.

Sorry to break it to you but i ain't no Leeds fan.

Big admirer of Bielsa. That is all

13 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

It's not a slight on you, you guys are so prickly. It's a criticism of the media and how they covered both teams. I distinctly remember a lot of criticism for Blackpool being too gung ho and the typical English guff about being more pragmatic etc. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting if Bielsa actually stays on for next season as not too convinced and then that will be a big test for Leeds to replace him effectively.

I know it sounds strange, but I think Bielsa's age counts in Leeds favour.

He's a man who has moved around a lot during his career, but I don't think at this stage he'd want to take on a new challenge and start a new three year thing somewhere else. I think he has one, maybe two more seasons left in the game and I don't seem him going somewhere new - I think he'll retire at Leeds. He's 65 now, so when he does that becomes the question, but I don't seem him retiring in the summer so I think they'll get at least one more year. I think he's a fantastic coach and the league is all the better for having him in it.

Even if it is with Leeds. 😋

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sorry to break it to you but i ain't no Leeds fan.

Big admirer of Bielsa. That is all

nWu.gif

You must have been so sad in 18/19 when we got promoted and Leeds season fell apart because they couldn't spy on their opponents every week.

That was the best.

• Haha 2

Leeds is his team, he's finally found a club that he can call 'home', he catches public transport to work, can be seen in the local beauty spots taking his dogs for a walk whilst attired in Leeds' gear, it's small details like that that endear him to the city, and the good job he's done with the team as well of course.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

You really have missed the point in spectacular fashion. 

Nearly as badly as your defence missed the run of siggurdson

• Haha 2

Â