Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They could conceivably go above us with a win against us in a couple of weeks, if they aren't already.

It's going to be a tough old game up there. Might be wrong but they seem to be good at getting a quick early goal in their games at Elland Road and taking things from there.

We just need to keep things solid for first 20-30 minutes like we did at Southampton, Wolves and Leicester and build from it.

Leeds actually play us, Spurs, Chelsea, Man. United and Liverpool all at home in the run in so they'll have a big say in who makes top 4.

Edited by VillaChris

Arsenal who they play next have lost their last two, but should have been three or four goals up before they had a man sent off and gave away a penalty against Wolves, and whilst i think we deserved our win against them, on another day the result could have gone the other way, before those two games they were one of the form teams in the league, won't be an easy game for Leeds.

If we beat Brighton, which in itself is easier said than done given that seems to be the kind of fixture that we stumble in this season, but if do manage to win then we could well be six points ahead of them after this weekend.

After Arsenal they then play Wolves, Southampton, Villa, West Ham, and Chelsea, so they've got some potentially tough fixtures coming up.

Edited by useless

Wolves can barely score a goal currently and Southampton are in a mess so I'd fancy them to get 4 points from those two. Think they can get something at Arsenal as they'll get chances on the counter attack.

Not too worried about them finishing above us as we'll win games in the run in but could be in that odd position of them not being that far behind us and hoping they take points off likes of Spurs and Chelsea in run in.

Chris Sutton on BBC has argued that he would give Bamford a go for England.

While Bamford is having a good season, there is a list of strikers who are simply better. Tammy, Ings, Greenwood or our own Ollie Watkins being on that list.

They are fantastic considering about half of their squad would be a bunch of nobodies playing in the Championship right now had it not been for Bielsa. 

They have come up and made a joke of the other promoted teams, while playing their own style regardless of the opponent.

4 points off Chelsea if they win their game in hand.

The best thing about Bielsa is while they will lose badly at times, they are still more likely to beat big sides compared to other teams who are meant to be around their level. All this whilst playing entertaining and attacking football.

For a promoted team being well in the mix in the top half of the table and not worrying about relegation while not having spent an enormous amount of money is a fantastic achievement.

I can only see them getting better with more transfer windows. Premier League has never been this competitive. There are so many good teams now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Chris Sutton on BBC has argued that he would give Bamford a go for England.

While Bamford is having a good season, there is a list of strikers who are simply better. Tammy, Ings, Greenwood or our own Ollie Watkins being on that list.

The problem with Bamford IMO is his shot conversion rate is very poor. He needs about twice as many chances as Kane and Ings, and three times as many chances as Calvert-Lewin to score. Can't rely on England to create as many chances as Leeds do in the league, international football just doesn't work that way, especially in the difficult matches.

That being said, he's probably not a million miles away. Bearing in mind Greenwood has been poor this season, I would have Bamford somewhere between 4th and 7th in line. My heart says he'd be behind Watkins of course, but I'm not sure about that.

Edited by HanoiVillan

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The problem with Bamford IMO is his shot conversion rate is very poor. He needs about twice as many chances as Kane and Ings, and three times as many chances as Calvert-Lewin to score. Can't rely on England to create as many chances as Leeds do in the league, international football just doesn't work that way, especially in the difficult matches.

That being said, he's probably not a million miles away. Bearing in mind Greenwood has been poor this season, I would have Bamford somewhere between 4th and 7th in line. My heart says he'd be behind Watkins of course, but I'm not sure about that.

I should point out, I have left out the obvious choices in my list - Kane, Rashford, Calvert Lewin has dropped down the list now, maybe Foden could play as a false 9. 

But you have a point - I'd say Bamford is somewhere around 5th-8th in line.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'd have Watkins over Bamford, and that's not me being biased. Watkins offers so much more apart from goals, and he's got an excellent scoring record this season anyway.

I don't think there's much between the two tbh.

Bamfords numbers are better in both goals and assists but they're pretty similar players and you could probably swap clubs for both and the results would be similar.

Wouldn't have DCL anywhere near the England squad personally, great with his head. Useless with his feet.

• Like 1

Â