Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

7 minutes ago, penguin said:

Please re-read my post. Specifically the part where I say we won't see Liverpool that poor again all season.

Liverpool were really poor defensively in the run in last season aswell so I really think they defence has lost their edge with Van Dijk and Alex Arnold making sloppy errors every other game.

We played alright at Anfield in the run in but as soon as Mane scored with 20 minutes left our heads dropped and we didn't really threaten which is what I'm getting at.

Edit: Sometimes you have to credit the opposition when a major team plays poorly. Arsenal game when they had no shots on target v us was a combination of them not being that bothered and us also showing great concentration and composure at the back, neutrals watching that would probably be laughing at how s*** Arsenal were that night.

Edited by VillaChris

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Liverpool were really poor defensively in the run in last season aswell so I really think they defence has lost their edge with Van Dijk and Alex Arnold making sloppy errors every other game.

We played alright at Anfield in the run in but as soon as Mane scored with 20 minutes left our heads dropped and we didn't really threaten which is what I'm getting at.

Edit: Sometimes you have to credit the opposition when a major team plays poorly. Arsenal game when they had no shots on target v us was a combination of them not being that bothered and us also showing great concentration and composure at the back, neutrals watching that would probably be laughing at how s*** Arsenal were that night.

I've never said any differently but I honestly don't think this was one of those occasions where they were forced into playing poorly.

Both sides were defensively lax and dis-organised from the first whistle.

They looked ok. But Liverpool's defending was shocking. Leeds had 3 shots on target and they all went in. 

It's a long season. Norwich looked good against liverpool in their opening game last season too

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yep. Which is why they will be likely rel. candidates. You just can't be that shite in this league. I didn't get to watch the match unfortunately, but my mates are saying the score line rather flatters them. 

Either way looks decent scoring three, but conceding 4 looks awful. 

Considering they've been waiting for this match for 20 years or so they didn't do too well. Should probably have taken advantage of RS today, but too late now. As their first match is gone their energy will fade over the next 5 matches. They’ve had a boost now due too playing their first top flight match since Bill Clinton was in office. Once that fades they are in for a long tough season. 

You do realise that the CB’s had never played together. Cooper was injured the night before the game. 1 had only 3 days training & the other has played CB only once before. 

we won’t be that bad at the back again, 

Edited by BigRed

5 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Nah were shit.

Going down with record low points. See if we can sign Kenny Miller in January might turn things around 

Not record low points but you'll be down there. 

I still didn't see what all the fuss is about. You worked hard and kept the ball well and lost. 3 shots, 3 goals and still lost. 

Your world famous pressing didn't do much and you could have conceded 8. 

You'll be fun to watch though.

1 hour ago, BigRed said:

You do realise that the CB’s had never played together. Cooper was injured the night before the game. 1 had only 3 days training & the other has played CB only once before. 

we won’t be that bad at the back again, 

whilst all true. You were gifted a goal and scored with every shot. You won't get that again either. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

If the media love in is this bad for Leeds imagine how bad it will be when an actual big club with a successful history like Forest gets promoted. 

The commentary yesterday was hilarious. Martin Tyler just going way OTT and you could tell Carragher was ready to criticise them loads but kept holding back. 

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

6 titles more than most to be fair.

More than Leeds, isn't it? :)

I saw a fawning article on the BBC this morning referring to Leeds as a footballing "superpower" back where they belong and I couldn't believe it. 

Â