Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Active National Front members at games in the bad days of the 80s.

They have always seemed to have a high proportion of fash support. I pretend on here to hate the city, but actually it's quite nice and I nearly moved there to live and work last summer. However, the club just seems to attract a share of awful people to support them. I know every club does, but with Leeds it seems worse, and specifically in the fash direction. I can't stand any team that is true of, so them, Blues, Millwall, Cardiff, Rangers - those are the teams I hate the most.

• Like 2

I think Leeds will do pretty well this next season. Bielsa is a very good coach, if a bit eccentric. They play some really good football. He seems like a good man, too. Leeds as a city is alright, too. Their crowds most times I've been to Elland Road have been noisy and created on occasion really outstanding atmosphere. They've got a mix of decent fans and some absolute whoppers. They have good away support, too. There's a lot to potentially like about them....but, but there's just something that makes it really difficult, impossible really. I guess it's the bad things about Leeds that do that. Those of their fans who are tools. The crumbling parts of the ground, their strangely antagonistic (I guess they'd call it partisan) outlook towards pretty much every other club and fans, regardless. The size of Leeds as a City, with only one team, they definitely belong in the Prem, and their older fans have really had to suffer - maybe it's that that is the thing - despite their own troubles with owners, money, relegations, stagnation and all the rest, they genuinely seem to have little empathy in the main for other clubs or fans who've had problems, what sympathy there is often seems very shallow, skin deep, with something just under the surface wanting to pop out and jeer. Fans of the other Yorkshire teams don't act like that. I think too many Leeds fans think they're somehow inherently "different" and better than other fans, when they're not.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

They were literally a nothing club until Bielsa took over and transformed them. Without him they're nothing.

Compare that to us who had played in a cup final before Smith took over.

You are right. They were a nothing club. Much more difficult job imo. Less of a budget as well. We had one of the most if not the most expensive and highest payed squads in the league.

Edited by villalad21

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think Leeds will do pretty well this next season. Bielsa is a very good coach, if a bit eccentric. They play some really good football. He seems like a good man, too. Leeds as a city is alright, too. Their crowds most times I've been to Elland Road have been noisy and created on occasion really outstanding atmosphere. They've got a mix of decent fans and some absolute whoppers. They have good away support, too. There's a lot to potentially like about them....but, but there's just something that makes it really difficult, impossible really. I guess it's the bad things about Leeds that do that. Those of their fans who are tools. The crumbling parts of the ground, their strangely antagonistic (I guess they'd call it partisan) outlook towards pretty much every other club and fans, regardless. The size of Leeds as a City, with only one team, they definitely belong in the Prem, and their older fans have really had to suffer - maybe it's that that is the thing - despite their own troubles with owners, money, relegations, stagnation and all the rest, they genuinely seem to have little empathy in the main for other clubs or fans who've had problems, what sympathy there is often seems very shallow, skin deep, with something just under the surface wanting to pop out and jeer. Fans of the other Yorkshire teams don't act like that. I think too many Leeds fans think they're somehow inherently "different" and better than other fans, when they're not.

They did get promoted without those fans though.

On 08/09/2020 at 21:18, VillaChris said:

Was going to put about their under 21s losing 7-0 to Accrington but of course our kids have to get a hammering from a league one team aswell.

It's interesting though as Bielsa regularly fills the bench with 3-4 under 21s so a few injuries and a few of them will be getting decent premier league minutes this season.

We need to send ours out on loan if that's their level v senior pros.

It was an under 18’s team 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They were literally a nothing club until Bielsa took over and transformed them. Without him they're nothing.

Had Cellino appointing nobodies like David Hockaday and Darko Milanic and sacking them 5 games later. They were creeping upwards when Radazzini took over although he admitted to the wrong approach in 17/18 in terms of signing. Think after Paul Heckinbotham he also realised they need a proper coach to come in so fair play to them for tempting Bielsa.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

if you dont read the headline he has a point even if it is Durham

Gough reaction makes you want them to finish bottom with 0 points. Arrogant ****.

I've been big on Leeds and I do think they'll be fine.

I agree their fans are probably underestimating the league, but I think their doubters are underestimating the Leeds side to be honest.

I would love VAR to **** them and Bielsa have a fit and leave.

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I just think a lot of teams will be caught off guard by the Bielsa press.

Assuming this press is vastly different to the ones done by several other teams in the league then if it's going to catch a lot of teams off guard. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I don't think there is much of a rivalry.

A lot of Villa fans are still mad about Bamford/Jansson from when we played last and that's fine, but for us its not that deep. Our automatic push was already dead then and this was just a cumulation of all our frustrations after being so comfortably ahead of the pack 2 months prior.

The bit extra is more down to finally having a club of similar stature in the league than anything inparticular towards Villa. When you've gone from your main rivals being Utd and Chelsea to Barnsley and Sheffield its a lot less exciting. You lot coming down was a good chance to have some fun with a bigger club but now were back in the prem its not that different to any other game.

Leeds hate everybody/everybody hates Leeds half the clubs in the championship will feel as Villa fans do towards us

I know a couple of Leeds fans and they absolutely despise Villa 

As for the bolded bit, I think you’re making that up. 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I know a couple of Leeds fans and they absolutely despise Villa 

As for the bolded bit, I think you’re making that up. 

I've seen loads of Bamford hate in this thread alone so, probably not

25 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I've seen loads of Bamford hate in this thread alone so, probably not

Pretty much every pro-Villa tweet contains Leeds fans slagging off the club/players involved so - whilst I agree there isn't much of a rivalry - there's definitely a bit of bad blood, for whatever reason.

If I'm completely honest, it's probably because both teams think they "should be" in the Premier League and that was quite a big clash at Championship level.

• Like 1

Â