Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Will definitely be interested to see how they play against the non top-6. They will dominate the game possession wise, but they could be very exposed against counter attacking teams (like Wolves)

Yes indeed.

Wolves is a good counter to Bielsa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is torturing the definition of 'must win' . . . several teams haven't even played a game yet. The manager is under no pressure whatsoever. It just isn't a 'must win' at all.

Maybe ..........They have played well and come away with nothing, if they don't win their next game then the pressure will start to mount. We felt this last season and it really starts to affect the players early , especially when they have no experience of losing more games than they win and in a league their not sure they are good enough for. The doubts set in. 

I quite like Leeds and think they add to the premier League , similar to us tbh but the league is stronger this year and the battle at the bottom is going to be brutal. Will their bottle hold under the pressure? I have my doubts tbh, they have struggled in the past and I'm guessing this is a projection of their manager emotions.

Must be odds on for the team with the most bookings this season if nothing else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Maybe ..........They have played well and come away with nothing, if they don't win their next game then the pressure will start to mount. We felt this last season and it really starts to affect the players early , especially when they have no experience of losing more games than they win and in a league their not sure they are good enough for. The doubts set in.

Okay, yes, I agree with that!

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

It was a game between 2 title contenders.

Please tell me you're trolling.

Acquitted themselves well and in Bielsa they have an x factor. They should be fine. We'll know more in a few months, because promoted sides can often start well, but I wouldn't expect Leeds to suffer from being 'found out'. I think Bielsa is too tactically astute to fall into that trap.  Their problem will be Bielsa's O'Neill trait of burning out the same starting 11 and being knackered going into March.  If they're not sitting pretty by then they might start to squeak around the bumular area.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

What Leeds has got is they've got goals in them.

Which we can't really say about West Brom and Fulham.

If you can score goals you've got a chance.

and Sheffield United 

Edited by PaulC

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes but they may have secured enough points by then to avoid relegation.

That's literally my next sentence that you chopped out.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The point being? Even best teams have bad games

Liverpool didn't have a bad game.

They had 22 shots. Salah was on fire.

On another day they could have scored more but that doesn't take away Leeds being a handful for them and giving Liverpool a proper work out. Also Leeds had a CB pairing never played together before.

Leeds and Bielsa will only improve as the season progresses and i don't think they will be anywhere near relegation.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Â