Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

We are very quick to judge in here.

We had around 20 % of the ball against Liverpool at Villa Park.

The fact that they had 52 % of the ball is a result of a relentless press. If you had offered me a 3-2 defeat to Liverpool away i think i would have taken it.

Play like that against Fulham and i'm pretty sure they'll win.

Edited by villalad21

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are very quick to judge in here.

We had around 20 % of the ball against Liverpool at Villa Park.

The fact that they had 52 % of the ball is a result of a relentless press.

Play like that against Fulham and i'm pretty sure they'll win.

Play like that and I'll be surprised if they do. 

Barely create anything and shambolic at the back. They'll need to be a lot better. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Play like that and I'll be surprised if they do. 

Barely create anything and shambolic at the back. They'll need to be a lot better. 

To me they looked very dangerous eveytime they went forward.

Fulham will barely have any of the ball if Leeds play like that.

Will be an interesting game. Bielsa won't change but interesting to see how Parker will set up.

• Like 1

Bielsa is a good Manager, for sure. I had doubts when he went to Leeds but he’s produced a good football team with a good brand/style.

The fact he’s so eccentric and doesn’t give interviews in English makes him mysterious, an enigma if you will.

So I get the media spotlight on him and the club but yeah, Leeds are being seriously over exaggerated at the moment in terms of stature and standing, so fingers crossed they at least struggle this season If not go down to tone down the noise.

I thought Leeds looked good but Liverpool also had a stinker by their own standards.

Leeds won't have many games this season where there's so much space to run beyond the back line. Think they might get found out quite quickly, will see how they adapt to that. 

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

To me they looked very dangerous eveytime they went forward.

Fulham will barely have any of the ball if Leeds play like that.

Will be an interesting game. Bielsa won't change but interesting to see how Parker will set up.

They pushed men forward to their credit, but i didn't think they looked dangerous. They created barely anything. 

1st goal was brilliant individual skill and 2nd was a massive error. 

If they'd conceded 8 it wouldn't have been a shock. They looked likely to concede everytime Liverpool got in the final third. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They pushed men forward to their credit, but i didn't think they looked dangerous. They created barely anything. 

1st goal was brilliant individual skill and 2nd was a massive error. 

If they'd conceded 8 it wouldn't have been a shock. They looked likely to concede everytime Liverpool got in the final third. 

But don't you think some of the individual errors Liverpool made were down to Leeds high intensity press?

Yeah Liverpool could have scored 4 or 5 but you can say that about most teams Liverpool play. Arguably the best team in Europe.

Also i think their CB'S had never played together before. Think you are being harsh on them and not giving enough credit.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But don't you think some of the individual errors Liverpool made were down to Leeds high intensity press?

Yeah Liverpool could have scored 4 or 5 but you can say that about most teams Liverpool play. Arguably the best team in Europe.

Also i think their CB'S had never played together before. Think you are being harsh on them and not giving enough credit.

No I don't. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

If only you put as much effort into defending the team you allegedly support. 

Leeds, eh? You have a soft spot.

Yes i do have a soft spot for them.

I really love Bielsa and his playing style. Is that such a crime?

In an ideal world i'd love for both clubs to survive. Us and Leeds are big clubs that will enrich the league.

Am i not a valid Villa fan if i don't hate Leeds?

Edited by villalad21

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The relentless press is exactly why they’ll burn out around February and slump to relegation

Be interesting to see if they stick with it. A lot of prem teams will surely take advantage and play round it. Very different to the championship. 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The little time they have spent in the top flight in their history surprised me.

Didn't know that.

They life off having one, admittedly excellent, period under Don Revie, and then being a very good, but not great, team in the late 90’s when English football was booming with the growth of the premier league and Sky. 

if that period had come in the late 80s and they got relegated early 90s instead of early 2000s nobody would give a shit about them. 

They’re basically nottingham Forest with better timing

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I thought Leeds looked good but Liverpool also had a stinker by their own standards.

Leeds won't have many games this season where there's so much space to run beyond the back line. Think they might get found out quite quickly, will see how they adapt to that. 

Will actually be interesting to see how we set up against them in a few weeks particularly given we've got Cash in who's hardly a defensive minded RB.

One worry I always have is we do o.k pressing teams for about 50 minutes and then completely flag after that hence why we concede so many late goals against top 6/7.

The 3-2 at VP a while back was an example of Leeds getting the measure of us after an hour so hopefully DS has learnt from that given Leeds still have a decent chunk of players who played that day v us and we now have better players in many areas.

It will be a fixture where we'd expected to win but don't get our gameplan right and they could easily turn us over on the break.

• Like 1

Â