Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I remember people saying something similar about Norwich. 

Thing is that it's the team, defensive organisation and ability that's so important when you're promoted. That's why I think Ben White is a bigger loss then the positives gained from signing someone like Rodrigo. 

I expect them to beat the drop, but I'm pretty sure they will be down there rather than midtable. 

Think they'll be similar to when Newcastle came up under Benitez. They arguably had a worse squad than Leeds do now and certainly worse than what Steve Bruce has but you knew they'd be o.k given who was managing them and think will be same for Leeds unless Bielsa throws a strop mid season for whatever reason.

52 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

He's alright. He doesn't get a lot of chances and when he does he looks decent as opposed to anything great. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay around the championship for the majority of his career 

Are you surprised Jack Clarke seems to have completely flopped? Remember him coming on at VP when we were 2 up and he completely ripped AEM to shreds and was a huge part of your comeback. Went back to Leeds on loan last summer and Bielsa hardly used him. Actually played for Spurs in a pre season game last weekend.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Are you surprised Jack Clarke seems to have completely flopped? Remember him coming on at VP when we were 2 up and he completely ripped AEM to shreds and was a huge part of your comeback. Went back to Leeds on loan last summer and Bielsa hardly used him. Actually played for Spurs in a pre season game last weekend.

A little. I dont think Spurs were ever going to be his level but he could have been a good winger for a lot of prem teams and still might get there.

He got some kind of flu in that season and missed a few games, pretty much never saw a game afterwards which was frustrating considering some of our players were obviously dead on their feet from April onwards and his energy could have been really good for us.

Once we got him back on loan and signed Costa there was no chance he was going to play, hes probably better than Costa in all honesty but from our perspective why bother? Can't comment on his QPR performance though, wouldn't be surprised to see him have a similar career to Nathan Redmond which is pretty good, but I cant imagine he'll ever be in the Spurs 11

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Leeds linked with tuanzebe this better not come off as ill be annoyed why we didnt go for him!

we just don't have a starting position available for him in the XI and i just don't think he is good enough for us to be spending that roughly 20m to upgrade over Hause. Also his injury/fitness record isn't going to help his cause.

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Very very highly rated by them

yep. I've watched him a few times and can definitely see the potential with him (though I wouldn't be surprised if he got a loan out for regular first team depending on how well they are doing by Jan). pretty highly rated on fifa/fm as well. Also just found this link where it says he is already going through the coaching badges.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/hes-only-19but-leeds-united-starlet-jamie-shackleton-already-targeting-uefa-coaching-licence-244402

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Paying probably 20 million for a player that is a little injury prone 

Yep, Leeds will find out what him signing the new contract is worth, if we could have signed him first he'd have been maybe £12 - 18m somewhere in that kind of range and have been a good signing for us, now he'll have sat a year out and be valued at over £20m it becomes a bit more dubious 

I think anything is entirely possible. Top 4 is streching it...

No one expected blades to be up there and Leeds are a similar team. No recognizable super stars but a very well drilled and organized team with everyone knowing exactly what to do.

The thing with talksport and sky is they will love feeding them the idea that they're competing, that they're in with a chance, even more so than Sheffield utd and wolves

At the end of last season it ended up as 4 of the same tired old faces in the top 4 but last season was great because of the competition

Sheffield utd finished 9th level on points with Burnley, 12 points off 4th with the belief that they came close to doing it

Leeds will be the same, they'll be 14th in December but the story will be x points off Europe, that's shit you don't need as a newly promoted team 

Â