Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds will tear us apart if we try playing out from the back.

If Dean is smart for that game he sits back and try hit them on the counter.

Mmmm not sure about that, Leeds lack quality up front , I would go toe to toe with them and hope we finish our chances , their a good team but they will struggle with Jack and Ollie .

City wasn't great today , they looked toothless up front with Sterling being their only threat. 

Fair game to Leeds their ruffling some feathers , Bielsa walking up and down the touch line is a site to behold. Not sure why people are getting so upset by them, we are similar teams trying to upset the status quo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I just think Targett will cost us in these big games.

He is such a liability. I'm sorry to say it, i just don't rate him.

Hes only up against Salah and Trent Alex-Arnold tomorrow. No worries. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Mmmm not sure about that, Leeds lack quality up front , I would go toe to toe with them and hope we finish our chances , their a good team but they will struggle with Jack and Ollie .

City wasn't great today , they looked toothless up front with Sterling being their only threat. 

Fair game to Leeds their ruffling some feathers , Bielsa walking up and down the touch line is a site to behold. Not sure why people are getting so upset by them, we are similar teams trying to upset the status quo. 

I think our game will be the point where we see where both teams are at.

By the time we play you I'm assuming Rodrigo will be starting and he was outstanding today, gives us a completely different kind of threat through the middle.

Not sold on Watkins though, thought he was really poor against Fulham.

13 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

By the time we play you I'm assuming Rodrigo will be starting and he was outstanding today, gives us a completely different kind of threat through the middle.

I have seen enough of Watkins to know he's gonna be good. Rodrigo did look a handful though , hopefully Bertrand will be the same for us.

22 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

In terms of finishing yes. He’s movement and link up play was superb. 

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

The Sterling one was definitely a penalty, for me. It’s pretty daft that VAR didn’t pipe up to give it, after they gave about 10 penalties for non-handballs.

I’m not sure it was which is why I’m glad VAR didn’t give it. They should only be tell him to check the screen if they think it’s a clear and obvious error.

38 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sooner or later they are going to take an absolute spanking

Absolutely. I think the odd spanking will be worth the odd upset though and I'd rather that than park the bus and lose 3-0 with 0 shots, 80 passes completed etc etc.

Id love to see the City and Liverpool game from the stands, we don't ordinarily turn games into defense v attack sessions but that's how both games have gone against the top teams and I dont know what's triggering it.

• Like 2

Pep Guardiola says Marcelo Bielsa is the 'most authentic manager'

By Simon StoneBBC Sport

Last updated on2 October 20202 October 2020.From the sectionMan City

I admire Bielsa "the most in world football" - Guardiola

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has described Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa as "the most authentic manager" before his side's trip to Elland Road.

Guardiola, 49, regards Dutchman Johan Cruyff as his coaching inspiration, but hugely admires the Argentine, 65.

The Spaniard met Bielsa in Argentina before becoming Barcelona B boss and has adopted many of his philosophies.

"He is probably the person I admire the most in world football - as a manager and as a person," said Guardiola.

"He is the most authentic manager in terms of how he conducts his teams. He is unique. Nobody can imitate him, it's impossible.

"I don't see him quite as much but when I get the pleasure to spend time with him, it's always inspirational."The charge sometimes levelled against Bielsa is that for all the plaudits he receives, he lacks major honours.

While Guardiola has won eight league titles, two Champions Leagues and five domestic cups in a glittering career, Bielsa's best achievement has arguably been guiding Argentina to gold at the 2004 Athens Olympics.

Until he won the Championship with Leeds last season, his major club feat was leading Athletic Bilbao to the Europa League and Copa del Rey finals in 2012, both of which they lost.

However Guardiola, whose side face Bielsa's on Saturday, does not believe the lack of silverware matters.

"The value of a manager does not depend on how many titles or prizes you won," said Guardiola.

"My teams won more titles than his but in terms of knowledge of the game and many other things, including training sessions, I am still away from him."It's a good gift to the Premier League to have him here because his teams are always a joy to watch. They are honest, they always want to attack and they produce good football for spectators."

Bielsa, in contrast, played down his influence on Guardiola's football philosophy.

"I do not feel like a mentor to Guardiola," he said. "It's not just how I feel, it has been evidenced to not being the case. If there's a manager who is independent in his own ideas, that is Guardiola.

"It's not just because I say it is, it's because his teams play like no other team. Many believe that [Guardiola's Barcelona team] is the best club team ever created."

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

so Leeds the greatest team in the history of football according to some media and one poster are an incredible 1 point ahead of Villa who have 2 games in hand. Amazing

I'd take a point right now in our next 2 games considering the oppostition we are up against.

8 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Absolutely. I think the odd spanking will be worth the odd upset though and I'd rather that than park the bus and lose 3-0 with 0 shots, 80 passes completed etc etc.

I don’t disagree, more a statement than comment from me. I admire the bravery of the approach it will have consequences sooner or later particularly when sides like City and Liverpool are fully up to pace.

They have started well no question. But i gurantee they play like that alk season they will get absolutely tonked by teams. They ahve been lucky that city and liverpool have both have woeful finishing against them.

On another day city could won that 5 or 6. 

As with us they've only beat a woefully out of form Sheffield United and Fulham, and even then both games were close, it's way to early to predict with any certainty how their season is going to pan out, after four games last season West Ham had seven points, and they only just about survived.

People make the same mistake at the beginning of every season of judging teams too early.

Edited by useless

On 29/09/2020 at 11:40, Tomaszk said:

I'm a bit jealous of all the players they're going for. There's not a bad move in there, every heavy link is great player for the money.

Yet another one. Mentioned him few times here and I've seen others as well. Great left footed right winger.

So they have beaten both Fulham and Sheff U so far this season. Judging by how we beat both of them as well arguably with some ease, it is just difficult to say whether Leeds have adapted the PL, or is it that Fulham are just a bit shit (they only beat them 4-3, and could easily have been 4-4 or even a loss as their defence was a bit of a shamble on the day), and Sheff U obviously just lack that firing power.

They played the so called 2 title contenders, getting 1 point out of them and playing with bravery and intense pressing - fair play to them, and I really did enjoyed watching both of those matches. But the saying of Leeds intense pressing is causing both Liverpool and City to make mistakes and contriuted to Leeds' goals is a completel lie. The VVD mistake and Ederson mistake wasnt to do with their pressing, it was just **** stupid, none of them were under pressure. The Ederson mistake yesterday should just have been a routine catch.

Having said that though for a newly promoted team to get 7pts from first 4 games is still impressive. The real challenge would be against the teams around 3rd to 15th, I think they are good enough to beat the bottom five, but will they have the same intent against the rest of the league as they have had vs Liverpool and Man City?

Â