Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

On 11/02/2020 at 20:06, villalad21 said:

Just my opinion.

I'd prefer clubs like Leeds, Nott Forest and Derby being in Premier League while tin pot clubs like Burnley, Bournemouth and Brighton going down a tier.

I wouldn’t call Burnley tin pot, they have a good history. Brighton and Bournemouth yes. Leeds are a massive club and should be in the Premier League 

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I have no idea why Casilla continues to be their #1. He seems to drop a clanger every game and can't guard his near post for shit.

Said the same the my Leeds supporting mate. Apparently he was the best keeper in the league for the first half of the season and he's also their highest earner somehow. He's proper shite.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I have no idea why Casilla continues to be their #1. He seems to drop a clanger every game and can't guard his near post for shit.

He's good with his feet, and by good with his feet I mean he pings hospital balls out to his fullback at every opportunity.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Are you also in favour of ring fencing?

Your logic is saying to other clubs they don't deserve the opportunity to grow.

Go back 80 years and it would have been "I'd much rather Glossop North End were in Division 1"

That is nothing, he hates Smith so much he doesnt post for days when Villa win ;)

On 12/02/2020 at 18:06, useless said:

Before Bielsa came in Leeds had finishd, 7th, 14th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th, 13th, in the championship since getting promoted from league one. Without him they wouldn't even be anywhere near the automatic places, their squad really isn't very good. The trouble is that for all his good work he does with them, he undoes it himself with his own stubborness, such as refusing to drop players when out of form, falling out with players, this apparently happened last season and was why Jansson was left out of the play-off semi finals, that decision in itself probably cost them a place in the final, and maybe promotion.

Not sure I agree with the bolded.

There's still people there like Helder Costa and Barry Douglas who were important parts of the Wolves side that cantered to the title.

And as you said yourself, to some extent it's his own fault that he doesn't have good players that he fell out with like Jansson and Jack Clarke.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2020 at 17:42, bobzy said:

Blackburn are a weird one.  Basically outside the top flight since 1965/66 and then got very lucky with the timing of having a rich owner come on board right before the Premier League came about.  Pretty sure they were fighting relegation before Walker took over mid season and they bought their way to survival then chucked money at getting promoted.  Scraped through Playoffs then destroyed the British transfer record like three times or something - rest is history.

Pre-1994/95, their last major honour was in 1927/28.

Their attendances aren't great either, struggled to get to 25k in many seasons in premier league and now rarely gets above 20k in championship although of course it's dropped in part due to protests against the Venkys.

Of course it's probably still decent when you factor in the actual population of Blackburn. 150k compared to nearly half a million from Leeds.

Certainly a traditional English club though. One of the founding members. Would rank them in similar terms to WBA and Wolves personally.

Edited by VillaChris

Costa got injured around Christmas time the year Wolves were promoted, hasn't been the same player since and hasn't done much at Leeds, certainly nowhere near the player he was before injuries, most Leeds fans are lamenting the fact that they didn't go for Cavaleiro instead, Douglas hasn't made much of an impression at Leeds either, isn't even their first choice left-back. The only players they've got that I think would be guaranteed to start for other clubs near the top of the table are Phillips, Ben White, and potentially Augustin, and the latter two are only there on loan. Their fans seem to think that if they don't go up this season there's a good chance they'll end up with Bowyer, probably an obvious link to make, but would be interesting to see how someone like him would do, obviously they'd lose Augustin, White and probably Phillips, but apart from that I don't think there'd be a mass exodous, as I don't think they have a lot of players that other teams would want, so for the most part would be working with pretty much the same squad.

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pablo Hernandez surely? Leeds form declining before xmas actually happened when he got injured at the same time. Klich also impresses me whenever I watch them.

Wasn’t he the bellend who scored that goal against us last season? 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

He scored the goal but that Roberts guy was the one that caused the issue

I’d say they were both/all culpable.

Its why most people hate Leeds cos no matter which set of bellends they have wearing the shirt they somehow maintain their total scumbag status, like Small Heath.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51628153

Leeds United goalkeeper Kiko Casilla has been banned for eight matches and fined £60,000 after being found guilty of racially abusing Charlton Athletic forward Jonathan Leko.

The 33-year-old, who denied the charge, has also been ordered to attend a face-to-face education session.

The incident took place in Charlton's win over the Whites on 28 September.

"I do not feel at all that the guilty verdict is a clear reflection of the incident," Casilla said in a statement.

The charge was found proven by an independent regulatory commission.

The Football Association began an investigation in October and subsequently charged Casilla with a breach of FA Rule E3.

It was alleged the Spaniard's words "made reference to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin", constituting an aggravated breach, and the FA granted Casilla extra time to respond to the charge.

Under rules introduced for the 2019-20 season, the minimum suspension for a player found guilty of an aggravated breach of the FA's discrimination rules is six matches, which can be increased depending on any additional aggravating factors.

How Casilla and Leeds responded

Casilla posted a message on his Twitter account saying he felt "truly sad and devastated" about being accused of making a racist comment.

"[The] last five months have been the most difficult ones in my professional career," he added.

"I am sure my family, friends, colleagues and the different technical teams whom I have been working with for all these years know that I would NEVER use my words with a racist meaning.

"I would like to deeply thank Leeds for its support during this time and I appreciate the support of our amazing fans, whose warmth has strengthened me."

Leeds released a statement responding to the suspension, saying the club "do not tolerate any form of discrimination" but added it is "important to recognise" that Casilla "has always denied making any racist comment".

The Yorkshire club said the decision had been made "on the balance of probability rather than proving Kiko to be guilty beyond reasonable doubt, which we have always believed is the more appropriate burden of proof".

However, the independent regulatory commission will not publish their written reasons for their decision until next week.

Casilla to miss bulk of run-in

Former Real Madrid goalkeeper Casilla joined Leeds in January 2019 and has been an ever-present for the Championship club this season.

His suspension could impact their promotion bid, with the Whites second in the table and five points clear of third-placed Fulham as they bid to return to the Premier League for the first time since suffering relegation in 2003-04.

With 11 games of the regular campaign remaining, the Spaniard will be available to play again when Leeds host Barnsley on 18 April.

Teenager Illan Meslier has been back-up to Casilla on the bench since mid-December, and could feature at Hull City on Saturday as Casilla starts his ban.

The 19-year-old Frenchman, who moved to Elland Road on loan from Lorient last summer, has made just one first-team appearance for Marcelo Bielsa's side.

That came in the 1-0 defeat by Arsenal in the FA Cup third round in January.

Â