Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

They really are getting promoted this time. 2-0 up now.

Recon they'll do well in the Prem next season. Bielsa is class.

Define well

I think they'll make a lot of noise, the media will go nuts... And they'll finish about 16thย 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Define well

I think they'll make a lot of noise, the media will go nuts... And they'll finish about 16thย 

Top 10.

I fully believe Bielsa will do wonders with a lesser demanding schedule. Only 1 game per week

• Haha 1

Looking on their forum a while back before lockdown and a lot of their fans were presuming that because Sheffield United were doing well that it automatically meant that they were going to do well as well, their reasoning being that Bielsa is a better manager than Wilder and that Sheffield United were lucky to finish above them last season. But I think for them to avoid relegation they're going to have to spend a lot on their squad, they haven't got many premier league quality players at all, I mean we're bad and the only of their players that I would have taken this season is Phillips.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Looking on their forum a while back before lockdown and a lot of their fans were presuming that because Sheffield United were doing well that it automatically meant that they were going to do well as well, their reasoning being that Bielsa is a better manager than Wilder and that Sheffield United were lucky to finish above them last season. But I think for them to avoid relegation they're going to have to spend a lot on their squad, they haven't got many premier league quality players at all, I mean we're bad and the only of their players that I would have taken this season is Phillips.

Bielsa is miles and miles above Smith.

No chance in Leeds getting relegated under Bielsa.

It doesn't quite work like that, Guardiola is a better manager than Smith or Bielsa, but if he was manager of the current Leeds team he'd have a difficult job keeping them up, they're going to have to buy a lot of players, but will have to get the balance right between not introducing too many at the same time, and not buying enough quality.

23 minutes ago, useless said:

It doesn't quite work like that, Guardiola is a better manager than Smith or Bielsa, but if he was manager of the current Leeds team he'd have a difficult job keeping them up, they're going to have to buy a lot of players, but will have to get the balance right between not introducing too many at the same time, and not buying enough quality.

I think you are wrong.

Future will tell though.

Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Leicester, wolves, utd, spurs, arsenal there's 8 off the bat

then add in 2 more from Everton, Palace (who are a decent team under Roy now, consistent) Sheffield utd (who will drop) and Newcastle (if they get the money)ย 

Top 10 is a big leap, 16th to 14th would be my betย 

They don't have a PL striker for a startย 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Define well

They need a better striker. Seen enough in how they open up teams that plenty of prem teams will struggle to counter that. Same as when WOlves won the league in 17/18 and you knew they'd do more than survive. Added likes of Raul Jimenez and Moutinho and away they went. Think they'll be comfortably mid table as decent players will want to go and play for Bielsa.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah Benitez and those top 10 finishes with Newcastle ๐Ÿ™„

Newcastle finished 10th in 17/18, first season back up.

I don't really think it's a stretch Leeds could finish above likes of Burnley and brighton. Burnley will probably massively struggle if Dyche walks and tbh half the prem is just happy to finish 12-15th so lack ambition to kick on. Palace is probably good case in point. They threaten to challenge for europe and then go on a winless run.

A team coming up playing positive football while also being defensively o.k can really surprise premier league in first six months at least. Huddersfield had 23 points by Boxing day in their first season up and they really needed that considering they hardly won a game in second half of the season.

ร—
ร—
ร‚