Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Bielsa is miles and miles above Smith.

No chance in Leeds getting relegated under Bielsa.

1 manager got promoted last season, let me check the records. 

It wasn't the manager who brought one of best international teams ever for a group stage exit in World Cup

Leeds are nowhere near as good as the Wolves side that came up, after 39 games in their promotion season they were on 85 points, Leeds are currently on 74 points, we were on 70 points after 39 games the season that we reached the play-offs under Bruce, so this Leeds team aren't  doing much better than we were then, they've also got less points than they did this time last year as well.

On paper their team is very average, if they had a manager like say Lee Johnson I'd question whether they'd even reach the play-offs, Bielsa just has them very organized and disciplined and working like robots for him. Don't think we will know how they're going to do until we see which players they sign, but I think they're going to need strengthen quite a bit, there was a rumour that QIA had an agreement to buy a share in them if they're promoted, so maybe that will help them with that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

Leeds are nowhere near as good as the Wolves side that came up, after 39 games in their promotion season they were on 85 points, Leeds are currently on 74 points, we were on 70 points after 39 games the season that we reached the play-offs under Bruce, so this Leeds team aren't  doing much better than we were then, they've also got less points than they did this time last year as well.

On paper their team is very average, if they had a manager like say Lee Johnson I'd question whether they'd even reach the play-offs, Bielsa just has them very organized and disciplined and working like robots for him. Don't think we will know how they're going to do until we see which players they sign, but I think they're going to need strengthen quite a bit, there was a rumour that QIA had an agreement to buy a share in them if they're promoted, so maybe that will help them with that.

Yea but even with QIA we spent 150m a d look where that got us. Mkney diesnt guarantee survival.

If/When they go up, they will need some massive investment I think. They would need to sign a keeper on a permanent, starting center half (as don't think Brighton would let Ben White go there again) and a starting striker as well. Those are just off the top of my head, would assume they would need to sign a few more as well for depth. 

draw at home to the bottom team and a tricky game at Blackburn who are chasing the play-offs. It could all easily collapse especially with a dud striker like Bamford up top

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

draw at home to the bottom team and a tricky game at Blackburn who are chasing the play-offs. It could all easily collapse especially with a dud striker like Bamford up top

Bet Villa sign Bamford. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

75% possession, 23 shots and 9 on target, 15 corners, 85% passing accuracy and they still fail to win at home against Luton :D 

Majority of games have been like that, the one they lost at Cardiff they had 69% possession, 17 shots, 10 corners etc. Also at Arsenal in the cup they missed a hatful.

As much as I think they'll do o.k at prem level as their style will open teams up they certainly need a new striker as a newly promoted team will eventually be punished at the other end as we've found for most of this season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

As I've mentioned before, they're coming up against teams that are all still playing for something. Stoke after that who got dragged closer to the bottom yesterday, then Swansea who are chasing the playoffs, Barnsley in 23rd but have come back in good form and Derby who are also going strongly for 6th place. It could all still implode for them.

giphy.gif

Edited by fightoffyour

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not going to happen peeps. Even if leeds collapse the rest if the teams are so utterly shit barring wba and brentford its just not gonna happen. 

This is Leeds year

Although I think you're right in the fact that they will go up - It does only need these two to finish above them and Brentford are giving it a real good go.

I would love to see how they cope in the play off's again 🤞🙏

20 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Although I think you're right in the fact that they will go up - It does only need these two to finish above them and Brentford are giving it a real good go.

I would love to see how they cope in the play off's again 🤞🙏

I think if they didnt get top two this time they would definitely implode in play offs.

Cant see it this time sadly they will get autos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

People genuinely want West Brom to go up instead of them?

Interesting as we'd get all the crowing from them they're above us in the leagues again.

We’ve dealt with that before though. Really I just laugh at WBA, they are nothing and never will be. 

Having Leeds above us would be a new low. Dont know why they just annoy me a lot more than they should. Filthy club with dirty unwashed hillbillies as fans

• Like 1

Â