Media and punditry

BOF

He's almost hit that too well

The one I hate is "You can see what he was trying to do." Sure, I can see what he was trying to do, he was trying to score a goal, however instead he has put it out for a throw or skied it into the upper stand.

He's almost hit that too well

thats an andy townsend classic

up there with "well it was the right idea" 

Gobby Cabbage has predicted us to go down again.

Is that 4 years in a row now?

He's good at this prediction lark.

he'd also be the kind of cock who shouts "i told you so" as loud as possible if it did happen

Gobby Cabbage has predicted us to go down again.

Is that 4 years in a row now?

He's good at this prediction lark.

If he predicts us to go down every year he will eventually get it right. :(

I'd imagine most neutrals and media outlets want us to go down this season. Not only have we been acting like a turd that won't flush since 2011, it would be an absolutely huge story. 

• Like 3

He wasn't keen on Sender's nuzzling into Vlaar's neck. <br />

<br />

Did anyone else think Shearer's analysis of Swansea's first goal was dreadful? It was all over the place. "He passes it to him.. And.. Another pass over there... Then... Er.. Then we draw one of these chequered squares, and obviously Smalling MUST run into it, but he didn't... So.. Another pass.. Here and there... Then we'll draw an arrow..... Aaaand boom goes the dynamite".

They've not replaced Alan Hansen yet. At least the Alan Hansen of 10 years ago. I wouldn't want him back.

Ruud was a great pundit tonight. Got charisma and very insightful ... but they ganged up on him when he said Naughton should have been sent off for the deliberate hands block of the shot on goal. I totally agree Naughton should be sent off for that but apparently that's not "common sense" according to Shearer. "Common sense" meaning that the referee should not send someone off for deliberately cheating...

He wasn't keen on Sender's nuzzling into Vlaar's neck. <br />

<br />

Did anyone else think Shearer's analysis of Swansea's first goal was dreadful? It was all over the place. "He passes it to him.. And.. Another pass over there... Then... Er.. Then we draw one of these chequered squares, and obviously Smalling MUST run into it, but he didn't... So.. Another pass.. Here and there... Then we'll draw an arrow..... Aaaand boom goes the dynamite".

It was weirdly long, considering they have such little time for each game. There was one point when he said 'you can see the problem here', and then moved on to 'now everything's comfortable again' and then back to problems again. It just felt a bit like it hadn't been rehearsed. 

Gullit was excellent. He just doesn't look right without dreads though. 

Â