Media and punditry

BOF

I have to confess I lol'd at "FHRITP" and the blow up doll - I'd never take myself down to a training ground to do it, but it was funny.

I hope it makes SSN reconsider their coverage of deadline day and turn it down a bit because it is shite.

watched bit of Sky and even though he is a massive word removed I think Terry has a future in punditry and talks some sense. Might have helped he was full of praise for Delph at the start of the game plus he was next to that moron Redknapp

Sky Sports News is a cretinous and utterly pointless channel that shouldn't exist. 

I hope all of their reporters get terrorised on deadline days to come, there's nothing more ridiculous than the idea that sport has 'breaking news' and reporters should be standing outside stadiums 'live' ready to break it. 

Bring on the dildos and blow up dolls. 

• Like 1

Agreed. Rolling news itself is ridiculous. 99% of the time they just roll through the same stories to fill the time. To have rolling 24 hour "news" coverage of sports is absurd. Matchday and transfer deadline day are one thing, but what can they possibly be broadcasting that's worth watching at 03:45 on a Friday morning? There must be some words removed tuning in though.

• Like 1

Yup, rolling news is pointless, a real "jack of all trades, master of none" situation. That coupled with the fact that Sky is unforgivably low quality anyway, and happily treats it's viewers like morons at any available opportunity. To be honest, if they had any balls whatsoever they would sack all the male presenters and have Sawyer, Abdo (if she still works there) and the Deadline Dildo broadcasting from a perspex cage.

Also, Jim White is incredibly distressing but I can't get a fix on why.

• Like 1

I was ready to dislike him when he started out but I've really warmed to him, especially over the world cup. Did do a fair bit of name dropping, but I suppose you could say that's what an ex-player turned pundit should be doing. Certainly offers more than a lot of the "experts" sitting next to him.

Â