Media and punditry

BOF

45 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Such an incredible clip that aged like fine wine

have you got it? ive not seen that

as for MOTD...like i said whats the angle? whats the story attached to it that makes liverpool a bigger / better game to show that ours? even at 0-0 our game was a good game, then the 2 goals, then you've got the emery / emi angle, you've got watkins and england, you've got arteta overplaying his star players

i dont usually get bothered by it (or watch it) but that's **** daft

The media, in the UK, is so behind the game. I like having some old players on there but there should be some experts who can analyse the game, even an ex ref who can comment on decisions made. What we are getting is a sterilisation of football by producers, editors and directors who haven't got a clue.

Watching that AFTV YouTube stream and their fans hosting it have more of an insight into the game and a more balanced view,  its staggering tbh.

The games huge and all we're getting is spoon fed drivel that has no value to game at all. And that includes the written media as well. The Guardian match report praised the Arsenal fans for staying until the end! What was they watching? ( I have no opinion on it tbh, I left the Villa v Arsenal final at 4-0 down early, I walked out with hundreds of fans,  half of them Arsenal fans 😆)

• Like 1

Liverpool were on first because it worked better chronologically, Liverpool lost then Arsenal had their chance to capitalize.

It doesn't work the other way as then the commentator is mentioning a match that they haven't shown yet. Don't be paranoid.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

The Mings injury left us shell shocked and they exploited our defensive weaknesses thereafter. I felt we played some good football that day too. It was just one of those games that thankfully probably helped rally us but also the defeat didn’t define us. 

It's clear the media want to ignore us after yesterday, I say:

Just ignore it.  We have our own game to play and as long as we win it, **** the usual media rocket polishers. 5 finals left. The coaches and players know what history is in front of them against the odds they fought all season.After yesterday even I wouldn't bet against them☝️

On to Thursday 😃

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Mings injury left us shell shocked and they exploited our defensive weaknesses thereafter. I felt we played some good football that day too. It was just one of those games that thankfully probably helped rally us but also the defeat didn’t define us. 

as we saw vs spurs too i think Newcastle just have a style very well suited to ours, even then in the away game we had the mings injury and a couple of the goals were 1mm right side of the line offside decisions that on another day could go the other way

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

as we saw vs spurs too i think Newcastle just have a style very well suited to ours, even then in the away game we had the mings injury and a couple of the goals were 1mm right side of the line offside decisions that on another day could go the other way

Newcastle are just a good team, like us and spurs. Arsenal, Liverpool and  cheaty are slightly better at the moment. We don't and won't get decent press coverage until we have achieved and it looks like we are very close to it, Atairo will help us with our profile as well, they are closely connected to marketing.

Why do people care so much if the media are talking about us or not? I'd rather they keep ignoring us, let us go under the radar, less pressure...

• Like 3

How do people like Deeney have the nerve to talk about football the way they do after the way they've behaved the past few years?

If I'd have acted the way he did at Forest Green, I wouldn't leave my house for years.

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

One of my favourite moments of the season, this. Shows how people who know the game don't get swept away in reactive stuff like scorelines, and focus on fundamentals. Worth remembering, and trying to 'be more like Alex'. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

One of my favourite moments of the season, this. Shows how people who know the game don't get swept away in reactive stuff like scorelines, and focus on fundamentals. Worth remembering, and trying to 'be more like Alex'. 

I wish they would have asked him what he saw to be able to come to that conclusion. Instead, they nod their heads in a sort of reverent way, but there's also a bit of 'this guy has lost it, he's nuts' condescension there, too. 

Modern media: get the soundbite. F*ck the learning. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Said many times Newcastle are like us under MON, solid enough at back and devastating on the counter attack. Against teams that sit deep they struggle as dont seem to have a Number 10

Got a feeling they are in for a right shock once the season ends, few big announcements incoming with the recent organisational changes. Should get us some air time.

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Goldstien on Talkshite again. "Is it time for Villa's Emery to try a top 6 club again".

Errrrrr????

Very much 🎣 

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Dele Alli is like a man who has never seen a game before. 

With a bit of hard work, guy could be living the dream in the Prem, really got no time for him. His story he came out with to gain some support (as no one supports him for his football anymore) had no sympathy from me at all. We all have hardships chap, just many of us don't have the chance to set our families up for generations to come, boo hoo.

Sky on frickin suicide watch or something. The anount of wasters been commentating on games lately is nonsence.

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Dele Alli is like a man who has never seen a game before. 

He watched about 15 minutes of Carragher’s detailed analysis of how Villa beat Arsenal, then asked if it was at the Emirates

• Like 1

Â