Media and punditry

BOF

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Anyone else find Peter Drury insufferable? Everything he says (actually, screams) is just so cringe and scripted it hurts. Like everything he says he’s just praying gets on a highlight real. He was basically chatting some random shit to Lee Dixon and then full time goes and he practically bellows. YOU HAVE YOU HAVE TO WONDER. IS THIS THE MOMENT ARSENAL WON THE LEAGUE. ARSENAL, SCINTILLATING. NKETIA, MESMERISING. THE PERFORMANCE, BREATHTAKING. Or some shit like that. Give it a **** rest. 

Also shouldn’t it be more. ARSENAL, DEFENSIVELY FRAGILE. NKETIA, DECENT. THE PERFORMANCE, QUITE A LOT TO WORK ON. MAN UTD, QUITE AVERAGE OPPOSITION. THE RESULT, NOT AS GOOD AS VILLA’S. 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

The man has been winging it for about a decade. His 'performances' in international tournaments on commentary are nothing short of a disgrace.

Tax payer money by the way. I know 12 year olds with more knowledge than him. Basic knowledge of players and the clubs they play for

Yeah, Jordan and White are both sharp guys and then they bring Murphy in there to really slow things down, I just don't understand it. He is terrible. 

Edited by maqroll

Melissa Reddy on SSN ( yes I know she's fit), puts all ex footballer pundits to shame. He knowledge on football teams and the technical side of winning games is first class, someone who properly does her research. I guess her dating Mane for a while and learning about Luverpool football club top to bottom helped too, a truly knowledgeable pundit.

Heard the best one, at the start of the Fulham-Forest game on MOTD. 'Fulham haven’t scored in the last 3 games. They've also not won in that time.' Next time someone wins without scoring, let me know. I'd love to see it.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

Haaland getting none of the ball and wiping out Martinez - fair challenge not a foul 

grealish putting his leg between ramsey’s running alongside him - clear foul 

they don’t even hide it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Heard the best one, at the start of the Fulham-Forest game on MOTD. 'Fulham haven’t scored in the last 3 games. They've also not won in that time.' Next time someone wins without scoring, let me know. I'd love to see it.

Could have won the three games 1-0 with three own goals, I suppose!

9 minutes ago, brommy said:

Could have won the three games 1-0 with three own goals, I suppose!

If you get an own goal, you've scored. None of your players have, but the team has. 

25 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If you get an own goal, you've scored. None of your players have, but the team has. 

Is the only thing they could have been eluding to, but I agree that commentary was particularly ridiculous.

51 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Today's sky commentary plus studio analysis was utterly revolting to watch. Really hope Man city does get their titles wiped off and Tyler can take his 'agueroooooo' cum feast to his own grave.

I watched 20 mins of post game analysis to try and see the Duran shot cos I'd switched off by then, not sure which foreign station it was but it was Owen and Wright Phillips

They didn't even show our goal 😂

18 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Haaland getting none of the ball and wiping out Martinez - fair challenge not a foul 

grealish putting his leg between ramsey’s running alongside him - clear foul 

they don’t even hide it 

Absolutely infuriated me.

Also the Dias tackle on Bailey. I guarantee if that was Konsa they'd be saying "excessive force", "scissor tackle" etc. 

Â