Ashley Westwood

Nabby

6 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

And his first 2 seasons were not "good solid seasons", they were as dismal as every other season he's been at the club. I remember the club PR laughably trying to talk Westwood up for an England cap in his first few months at the club, which left me scratching my head wondering if we were talking thinking about the same player. He was appalling from day one, and a sad indictment of the direction of where the club was heading. Some of us saw it from the off, others realised not long after, and some others walked through 5 or so years with claret and blue blinkers on lapping up the lies from the club while we in the midst of the most humiliating run ever. 

The problems at Villa were caused by a chairman who gave up, sold all our best players and replaced them with cheap lower league trash not fit to wear the claret and blue. Westwood falls into the latter category. 

I remember it well. Those were the good old days, when he was utter tripe, absolute tripe for 6 months, then would provide one through ball that led to a goal and he would be lauded. It still makes me laugh now. People trying so hard to convince themselves he was a player.

• Like 2

When he received a ball he tends to take a energetic stance, looks up and around like he's about to do something ....... and that's all. It's this movement that has fooled the managers, he trains hard to look like something 'could' happen.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2017 at 17:50, dounavilla said:

When he received a ball he tends to take a energetic stance, looks up and around like he's about to do something ....... and that's all. It's this movement that has fooled the managers, he trains hard to look like something 'could' happen.

It took us all long enough and 4 managers to come to the conclusion.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Jedinak, Lansbury, hourihane and I'd imagine tshibola and Bacuna will all be ahead of him. 

This could be it guys. This could finally be the end of Ashley Westwood in a villa shirt. 

This is turning out to be a terrific day. Not only did I smash an exam I was extremely anxious about, I also then got a free coffee from a cafe and then when I was eating a delicious lunch in town Lansbury signed for us.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Jedinak, Lansbury, hourihane and I'd imagine tshibola and Bacuna will all be ahead of him. 

This could be it guys. This could finally be the end of Ashley Westwood in a villa shirt. 

Edit: re thought my first point.

I hope it's the end of Bacuna too. Equally shite.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Westwood is the most pointless midfielder I've ever seen.  Can't tackle, never moves the ball forward, has no vision to play long passes and doesn't really track back or close down quickly.  Stifles ever glimmer of attacking impetus.  

I'm  praying  lamberk wants to renew his 'Westy'  love in...  just in time for valentines day!  

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

When all said and done when he leaves us (which will probably be in the summer) most people will forget he ever played for us for 5 seasons within 5 weeks of him departing.  It is a shame as I thought we had unearthed a gem and he seems a nice bloke- but he is not really that good is he.

• Like 1

It is happening, finally he is getting phased out. 

You wait and wait for this day and when it comes around you don't know what to say. The words just do not come 

They always say what is the greatest moment in your life, passing your driving test, losing your virginity, getting married, holding your first born in your arms. Whatever stage in life you are at, it has just been topped my friends. 

• Like 1