Ashley Westwood

Nabby

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Calm down mate. Last time I checked you were allowed to post your opinions on VT.

Very strange response.

You can post what ever you want as can I in response. 

Just thought it was strange that you bring up facts being ingnored to make him a pantomime villain when he's clearly been praised for playing well. 

Arguing with no one. 

45 passes today. 

Adomah only 21. Dam what a shit player adomah is. Westwood in. Adomah out.........

loooooooooool

21 is worst than what westwood did before in a game people tried to criticise over passing stats. XD.

whoscored such a terrible site for statworld

Edited by gharperr

3 minutes ago, gharperr said:

45 passes today. 

Adomah only 21. Dam what a shit player adomah is. Westwood in. Adomah out.........

loooooooooool

21 is worst than what westwood did before in a game people tried to criticise over passing stats. XD.

whoscored such a terrible site for statworld

you do realise that Adomah scored 2 goals

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you do realise that Adomah scored 2 goals

thats the point lol....

passing stats suddenly become important here...when in reality its super pointless. One of most pointless stats used.

edit: Just curious.. did he just decide to show twice the effort today for these passing stats and not being a coward and not bottling and showing for the ball. Or maybe it was position and setup we played to get those stats? hmmmmmmm 

(shock more passes when jedi was out the team lol  i would make some crazy assumptions about positions...but they got shot down last time so i cant...maybe this is just a weird fluke of a game....sure some knowledgeable  poster about passing stats will show something decent )

Edited by gharperr

Getting some more accomplished midfielders besides him might actually raise his game, and perhaps Jedinak is the one that will have to get used to the bench. Either way it gives us much needed options.

• Like 1

Lol. but apparently you dont expect a midfielder whos deepest to have more passes than someone higher or  difference style of play. But on wing its ok to ignore....zzzzzzzzzzz. You just always post terrible stats with 0 context always to come up with some conclusion. 0 idea how to use stats. Please learn whats meaningful stats and what isnt

tell me how his passes stats of this game fall into previous narratives you formed please :)  He just decided to show twice effort today?

p.s you always say "X has lower stat than whole team"...why not say postions youre actually comparing? Guessing because it fits to exaggerate when youre trying to prove a point.

Edited by gharperr

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

Uh, if Westwood scored 2 goals I'm sure nobody here would be criticising his performance regardless of the passes he made? 

I'm sure they'd find a way ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Uh, if Westwood scored 2 goals I'm sure nobody here would be criticising his performance regardless of the passes he made? I don't get the point of that post.

errrr? so if a guy did nothing whole game with 0 passes...but scored two tap ins from corner...its ok when two things are totally not related? just because somebody ran postive side of variance one game doesnt mean you can ignore all criticisms from rest of game. Thats just as results orientated and wrong thinking as it gets 

everything is about context and not some awful meaningless stat on whoscored website. Does anyone whos reputable  in analytics world argue about passing stats?? never seen it tbh. Key passes yes. "Passes"? no

Edited by gharperr

8 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Lol. but apparently you dont expect a midfielder whos deepest to have more passes than someone higher or  difference style of play. But on wing its ok to ignore....zzzzzzzzzzz. You just always post terrible stats with 0 context always to come up with some conclusion. 0 idea how to use stats. Please learn whats meaningful stats and what isnt

tell me how his passes stats of this game fall into previous narratives you formed please :)  He just decided to show twice effort today?

p.s you always say "X has lower stat than whole team"...why not say postions youre actually comparing? Guessing because it fits to exaggerate when youre trying to prove a point.

Haha I remember my first drink. 

That's what I love about the rare Ashley Westwood good performance, it brings out these types of posts to somehow defend all the bad ones. 

What are you going on about? 

And if Westwood was playing the deeper role and should have had more passes, he still made less than Lansbury who also played 20 mins less of the game. 

Westwood played well today. He hasn't in previous games. 

What another strange post. 

and i still remember when i said im not postive or negative about westwood. And i was doing it when he performed shite. so great point there?

Just never seen someone give so much weight towards "passing" stats. Especially those who know wtf theyre talking about. in before this "great sportsjoe"
article :D

im glad westwood decided to turn up and show twice the effort from previous games to show for the ball. And it was nothing to do with other factors...which is so easily explained

also you tried to directly compare touches from a winger to a midfielder before (with zero context or explanation)....sooooo? Guessing doesn't fit narative

Edited by gharperr

1 minute ago, gharperr said:

and i still remember when i said im not postive or negative about westwood. And i was doing it when he performed shite

Just never seen someone give so much weight towards "passing" stats. Especially those who know wtf theyre talking about. in before this "great sportsjoe"
article :D

im glad westwood decided to turn up and show twice the effort from previous games to show for the ball. And it was nothing to do with other factors...

Haha 

Still hurt by an article criticising him? Come on man move on. 

I'm sure it was to do with other factors, who said it was just down to him trying twice as hard?  

Making more passes than Adomah is a strange way of pointing this out though. He usually has more passes than Adomah, even in games he's terrible in. 

So even though Westwood had a fairly decent game for Westwood today I still think he was a weak link.  Battled hard but lost pretty much every battle,  and when he did manage to get a foot in the ball would just roll to their player still.  

Would have rather seen Tish start with Henri. 

17 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

But he didn't score 2 tap-ins from corners. Your point sucks, whatever it is.

this isnt how analytics work. jfc

you dont just go...Score 2 goals = good.... Then ignore rest. Same way people said pass X = bad. Touches from player X vs player Y = bad

fighting a losing battle with people who dont really know how stats work properly and how results orientated people are with it so im going to gg and save it for other parts. and wish you all the best. hope you guys use better stats in future than the shit youre using to fit naratives. Peace xx

Edited by gharperr
just take a few minutes to learn about actual meaningful stats please