Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Thought he was pretty useless. Powder puff tackling again. Preston simply ran through us for their first goal. He simply tracked back with no attempt to stop the impetus of the attack or the shot that resulted. Bloody awful player.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Absolutely not.  I've seen Tish perform to a better standard than that.

Westwood really wasn't that good today.  Not quite sure what you think he did that was so good?  HL showed Westwood how to be a CM today,  the contrast between the two was incredible.  

I didn't say he was THAT good.

All I said was he was "good". 

Tshibola is yet to do anything good in a villa shirt. His performance against Cardiff was his best and that was decent. Nothing more.

I'm not particularly praising Westwood, and I've already said Tshibola is my preferred starter because I'd like to see him improve. BUt I think he's getting undeserved praise purely for not being Ashley Westwood.

If Westwood or Gardner had put in the performances Tshibola has put in then they'd be getting slated for them.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

But yesterday he played well, people said he played well, no one really criticised him and then we still had huge posts defending him and previous performances. 

Plenty of people seem to be criticising him. Most of whom openly admit they didn't see the game.

It's fine to criticise him when you see the game, even more fine to criticise him when he plays poorly which everyone in this thread will openly admit is most weeks this season.

But people get understandably annoyed when the guy actually puts in a decent performance yet you see people criticising him in here, and they haven't even seen the game.

You were posting exactly the same thing regarding Gabby in his thread so I'm confused as to why you're struggling to understand the same sentiment towards Westwood in this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Plenty of people seem to be criticising him. Most of whom openly admit they didn't see the game.

It's fine to criticise him when you see the game, even more fine to criticise him when he plays poorly which everyone in this thread will openly admit is most weeks this season.

But people get understandably annoyed when the guy actually puts in a decent performance yet you see people criticising him in here, and they haven't even seen the game.

You were posting exactly the same thing regarding Gabby in his thread so I'm confused as to why you're struggling to understand the same sentiment towards Westwood in this thread.

I must have missed it, I don't remember seeing much criticism of him for yesterday. Surely not enough to warrant massive defensive posts about him. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't say he was THAT good.

All I said was he was "good". 

Tshibola is yet to do anything good in a villa shirt. His performance against Cardiff was his best and that was decent. Nothing more.

I'm not particularly praising Westwood, and I've already said Tshibola is my preferred starter because I'd like to see him improve. BUt I think he's getting undeserved praise purely for not being Ashley Westwood.

If Westwood or Gardner had put in the performances Tshibola has put in then they'd be getting slated for them.

People are less harsh on Tshibola because he hasn't been a stain on our first team for 5 long dreadful years like Westwood. 

Westwood didn't nothing of note yesterday, so if that's a "good" performance I'd hate to see what you'd class as a bad Westwood performance was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982 said:

People are less harsh on Tshibola because he hasn't been a stain on our first team for 5 long dreadful years like Westwood. 

Westwood didn't nothing of note yesterday, so if that's a "good" performance I'd hate to see what you'd class as a bad Westwood performance was. 

Thats dumb. He didn't hold those managers at gunpoint and forced them to include him in their sides these past 5 years. Players should be judged on their merits and not whether or not they've been here for a long time.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Thats dumb. He didn't hold those managers at gunpoint and forced them to include him in their sides these past 5 years. Players should be judged on their merits and not whether or not they've been here for a long time.

Did you miss the cost cutting at Villa under Lerner from 2010? The reason we'be stuck with Westwood is that the budget wouldn't stretch to getting a replacement, and the fact no one would be so dumb to buy him from us. Only now are we finally seeing the last of him in the first team. He'll finally be gone this summer. 

2 hours ago, meregreen said:

Thought he was pretty useless. Powder puff tackling again. Preston simply ran through us for their first goal. He simply tracked back with no attempt to stop the impetus of the attack or the shot that resulted. Bloody awful player.

in all honesty, how many times in recent years has the opposition ran through the middle of us, to secure points.

It will change, when we get the right personnel on the park.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, I'd like to see Tish starting too because I'd like him to improve. 

But Westwood's performance today was absolutely miles better than anything Tish has done in a villa shirt. 

Talk about being damned with faint praise!

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

he has been judged on his merits though, He is a shit footballer

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

he has been judged on his merits though, He is a shit footballer

The point was originally in comparison to Tshibola. On merit, Tshibola has done absolutely nothing of note so far in a Villa shirt (and some would argue a Reading shirt too) but is given a lot of leeway and even praised presumably for simply not being Ashley Westwood (or Gary Gardner I suppose).

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The point was originally in comparison to Tshibola. On merit, Tshibola has done absolutely nothing of note so far in a Villa shirt (and some would argue a Reading shirt too) but is given a lot of leeway and even praised presumably for simply not being Ashley Westwood (or Gary Gardner I suppose).

Of course he will get more leeway. He's a young kid with little experience and a fairly new player to the team. 

I'm in agreement with most people here when I say I don't dislike Westwood, but would like to see him replaced as a first team player. Hopefully with Lansbury now in, Hourihane expected and Jedinak now having better players around him, we'll see Westwood be a squad player, which suits me fine. I'm in no rush to dispose of him completely. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

Did you miss the cost cutting at Villa under Lerner from 2010? The reason we'be stuck with Westwood is that the budget wouldn't stretch to getting a replacement, and the fact no one would be so dumb to buy him from us. Only now are we finally seeing the last of him in the first team. He'll finally be gone this summer. 

And this is Westwood's fault personally because . . . ?

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I must have missed it, I don't remember seeing much criticism of him for yesterday. Surely not enough to warrant massive defensive posts about him. 

2 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

4 hours ago, meregreen said:

14 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I didnt see the game today

And thats the problem with Ashley F*******g Westwood.

A player with PL experience, a player with enough games to have well settled and improved . Someone who really shouldnt have an excuse for being shit, and should stand out amongst a pile of shit because many on here say he's only a scapegoat better than his critics say.

No no no

He is good when everybody around him is good sometimes, not all the time. But when everyone else goes to shit he tags along and is shit too.

Is that really, seriously enough?

No way, not in my book.

So if we are a shit team, then please, lets see someone else have a go at being shit.

Maybe then once he's left out he might just F**** **f of his own accord.

Then It wouldnt be so boring having a different scapegoat thats either on less money, a shorter contract or a chance at getting better.

This turd is only ever gonna smell the same as long as he's here.

15 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I still think he was a weak link.  Battled hard but lost pretty much every battle,  and when he did manage to get a foot in the ball would just roll to their player still.  

2 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

I know that. That wasn't my point.

My point was Tshibola's performances haven't been as good as Westwood was YESTERDAY.

I've already said that Westwood has been largely terrible this season and that I'd rather see Tshibola in the team. 

I was purely commenting on the poster who suggested Tshibola would have put in a better performance yesterday. He might have, but based on his previous performances I very much doubt it.

We need to replace Westwood absolutely no question (unless he has a lazarus style resurrection in form) but I'm not yet convinced Tshibola is the right choice.

• Like 1