Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Currently discussing the future of England with a mate and i've suggested Westwood too him on a couple of occasions and after watching him (He's a gooner) he thinks he could maybe make the step up..... it's only been a few games but he "looks" the part now, i think he would do well alongside WIlshere and Gerrard in a Central 3 for England..... Maybe I'm being crazy tho :)

This guy is a real find. He has such a bright future. He can pick a pass, has great positional awareness and a tremendous understanding of the game. He loves to pick pockets of space, and is always looking to move the ball forward. I am so excited by this kid. He looks so comfortable. A potential captain in the future......Not yet obviously, but Lambert certainly knows how to spot hidden talents. I would take Westwood over Allen everyday of the week. Pundits seem to rate players on their transfer fee value now....No contest for me. Westwood is quality. He will only get better.

To step up from league 1 and perform like that says a lot about him as a person.

Never played in League 1, Crewe were just promoted from League 2 at the end of last season.

Makes the step up even more impressive.

Talk of him playing for Man UTD are extremely premature haha... he's looking good at the minute, but he needs to keep his head grounded and keep working hard for the team. I'm sure Lambert will make sure he will do that.

My new hero! :rolleyes: Incredibly impressive considering he has stepped up 3 divisions. Just shows what Lambert is capable of. The guy's on 10k/week. More like that and we'll have the makings of a great team.

He has arguably been our player of the month. He and Bannan made Arsenal and United midfield's look completely blunt for about 150 of 180 minutes (Cazorla, Arteta, Ramsey, Carrick, Scholes, Rooney - serious players). They were excellent against Sunderland as well. The only game they haven't had a grip on was Man City - where we were far too deep from start to finish.

A big test now in the next few games. We play teams who are much taller/stronger than us (Reading, QPR, Stoke). Westwood and Bannan need to show they can take that out of the equation, get us on the front foot and control the game.

If we ever get Gary Gardner fit and playing, there is real potential for a midfield three. But that's a big "if".

Talk of him playing for Man UTD are extremely premature haha... he's looking good at the minute, but he needs to keep his head grounded and keep working hard for the team. I'm sure Lambert will make sure he will do that.

Yeah, but is is so implausible to think that one day he could potentially play for man u?

I'm talking 3-4 years down the line. Like Barry did.

Yeah, but is is so implausible to think that one day he could potentially play for man u?

I'm talking 3-4 years down the line. Like Barry did.

For me, at the minute, yes it is implausible. I'm not saying he won't, i'm saying he's had 3 good games and could easily go either way still.

Just amazed that this chap has jumped 3 divisions yet looks like he has played in this position at the top level for years!

'Arry would not be capable of such signings like this. Just goes to show we don't need your Charlie Adams' or your Darren Fletchers etc. that want 60k+ a week when we have someone better whos only on 15% of those wages!

Top stuff.4

He is the sort of signing we have missed for years. An absolute 'find' and great that we have him. I had never heard of him until we signed him and when I was told he was Crewe's captain at such a young age I was excited. Him and Gary Gardner could really be the future of our midfield for years to come. I've liked what i've seen so far -he has a similar composure on the ball to Gareth Barry and if he can be half as good as Barry was for us then we've got a fantastic player on our hands here.