Ashley Westwood

Nabby

To think he was second choice to Dale Stephens too.

I can see what leads you to say that but I'm not sure it is the case.

Lambert clearly works in a far more modern dare I say better way than we've experienced in the past with other managers (let's not get into that please folks)

For instance we were clearly looking at several LB's at the same time in the summer and even talking to multiple clubs about those targets before deciding which to pursue. For example we showed a confirmed interest in the chap from Ipswich.

Our interest in Dale Stephens may well have been similar or we could have wanted him as well we just don't know.

I can see what leads you to say that but I'm not sure it is the case.

Lambert clearly works in a far more modern dare I say better way than we've experienced in the past with other managers (let's not get into that please folks)

For instance we were clearly looking at several LB's at the same time in the summer and even talking to multiple clubs about those targets before deciding which to pursue. For example we showed a confirmed interest in the chap from Ipswich.

Our interest in Dale Stephens may well have been similar or we could have wanted him as well we just don't know.

This but I would not be at all surprised if Stephens didn't come back into the reckoning in January

Seing as we had a 30 game dossier on Westwood, it's safe to say even if he wasn't first choice for that position, he was certainly very high up the list and would probably have been signed anyway.

What is with the Gary Gardner fetish? I hope he goes on to be a star but right now I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he will and his injuries are cause for big alarm bells.

Westwood on the other hand, very impressed. He's impressing fans of other clubs as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in an England shirt within 12 months should he keep this form up.

What is with the Gary Gardner fetish? I hope he goes on to be a star but right now I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he will and his injuries are cause for big alarm bells.

He was incredible in the reserves. Cut above everyone from our team, and any teams we played, including the Arsenal / MUFC youth and reserves. Craig Gardner always said his brother was better than him, and Jack Wilshere said Gary Gardner was better than him (can't find it now but definitely remember it) from when they both played for England together.

The 2 injuries and our last 2 managers have stunted his development, but there's a cracking player in there that Lambert should be able to bring out.

Westwood on the other hand, very impressed. He's impressing fans of other clubs as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in an England shirt within 12 months should he keep this form up.

I hope that GG recovers to allow him to prove he can avoid what I call the 'Lee Hendrie Plateau' - very good considering his young age but didn't progress to being a very good senior player.

I see Westwood as a different type of player and hopefully his lower league grounding will help him avoid 'LHP' and he will become a mighty fine footballer for us.

Seing as we had a 30 game dossier on Westwood, it's safe to say even if he wasn't first choice for that position, he was certainly very high up the list and would probably have been signed anyway.

I think people are getting too carried away with this "30 page dossier" business. The report was probably just "Yeah, he looks pretty good. Let's get him" just in 50pt Impact font.

I think people are getting too carried away with this "30 page dossier" business. The report was probably just "Yeah, he looks pretty good. Let's get him" just in 50pt Impact font.

Where is this "30 game dossier" from? I havent read anything about it.

Where is this "30 game dossier" from? I havent read anything about it.

Clubs had monitored Ash for a long period of time. Villa came in, we thought Villa was a bit of a surprise. But then we found out that they had a thirty game dossier on him so they've done their homework; they knew what they were getting. But nobody else did, so fair play to them; they came in late with all their money and what a fantastic opportunity for him.

Crewe seems to be a good place for youngsters to find their form and learning place, they loaned finnish player Lauri Dalla Valle from Fulham and he has scored four goals in five games, and has gotten praise for his workrate, pressing and finishing.

Maybe worth a look if he keeps that up? ;)

Hoping for some nice assists from Ashley in the coming games as he's clearly capable of the killer ball.

thats not exactly his game though, if he does pop up with some assists it'll be a through ball from deep. he's in there to keep the possession of the ball and to keep the ball moving primarily i'd say. he's more likely to be the man who picks out the player to make the assist (he hit a beautifull chipped diagonal pass from midfield to pick out gabby i think in the left hand corner of the box on sat for example).