Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Westwood ran his legs off

Didnt make any mistakes which cost us goals

gave as good as he got passing

went for tackles, chickened out more often than not, BUT, at least it somewhat halted any progression.

So all in all a somewhat balanced performance from him

However

Thats not even the least we should be expecting from a CM in the 2 level of English football

Dress it up as much as you like

Its SHITE

Not good enough

F*** him off asap

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Personally, I'd sell him as I think the last few seasons have taken their toll and he's not going to reach his potential here

Potential? He's around 26 not 19 :)

You can't be allowed to talk bollox just because you're Pele's best mate B)

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Potential? He's around 26 not 19 :)

You can't be allowed to talk bollox just because you're Pele's best mate B)

What I mean is, whatever his upper limit of performance is - we're not going to see it. He's shot as far as claret and blue is concerned.

PS Edson told me to say Hi

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

What I mean is, whatever his upper limit of performance is - we're not going to see it. He's shot as far as claret and blue is concerned.

PS Edson told me to say Hi

Tell him I don't need his "product" just yet ;)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Happens every game.

You're not wrong.

Earlier in the year I had the pleasure of sitting next to a fan who insisted on referring to Westwood as "Hollywood" throughout the entire game.

The entire game.

"Come on Hollywood, pass it sideways, it's what you're good for.", "Bloody hell - what was that Hollywood?" etc.

These witticisms were strangely less abundant when a misplaced pass from, say, Grealish went out for a throw-in.

Spoiler

A bit off topic, but just for completion, I should add that although the "Hollywood" jibes were the most frequent comment made by this fan, the comment that stayed with me in particular was made after the day's attendance was announced.

"That's rubbish. I remember when we had over 40,000 watching us against Inter Milan."

This was the pre-season friendly against Boro.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

There is/was only one Hollywood player and that was Barry Bannan, king of the hollywood pass :D

I haven't seen a single Wednesday match except for the first match of the season against us, but does anybody know how Bannan is doing for them? Is he any worse for them than Westwood is for us? Because in the Premier League Westwood definitely looked like the better player but now, even without knowing how Bannan is doing I'm almost tempted to say I'd blindly trade Westwood for him.

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

I haven't seen a single Wednesday match except for the first match of the season against us, but does anybody know how Bannan is doing for them? Is he any worse for them than Westwood is for us? Because in the Premier League Westwood definitely looked like the better player but now, even without knowing how Bannan is doing I'm almost tempted to say I'd blindly trade Westwood for him.

I just looked on whoscored (I know, I know, but it is interesting) and they have Bannan ranked 144th out of the most frequently played 342 players in the Championship this season, which doesn't sound very good until you realise that Westwood is ranked 315/342 :crylaugh:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WooJung said:

he was in Championship team of the season last season and my mate is a Wednesday fan and says he is irreplaceable for them

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just looked on whoscored (I know, I know, but it is interesting) and they have Bannan ranked 144th out of the most frequently played 342 players in the Championship this season, which doesn't sound very good until you realise that Westwood is ranked 315/342 :crylaugh:

I'm stunned there's 27 players worse than Westwood.

• Like 3

On 12/30/2016 at 15:08, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He was OK last night, but let's not overplay it, he was OK for Ashley Westwood. Fairly busy, passes generally found their mark, but in no way did he impose himself on the game. He didn't dictate the play, nor did he act as a buffer or a link between the attack and defence. 

On that kind of form as a third man in a three man midfield, he's usable. That's where it ends. Simply not good enough to push us towards promotion. 

Spot on

but the problem is ....I' m sure that Gardner even does that.

Edited by TRO

On 30/12/2016 at 23:18, Shropshire Lad said:

You're not wrong.

Earlier in the year I had the pleasure of sitting next to a fan who insisted on referring to Westwood as "Hollywood" throughout the entire game.

The entire game.

"Come on Hollywood, pass it sideways, it's what you're good for.", "Bloody hell - what was that Hollywood?" etc.

These witticisms were strangely less abundant when a misplaced pass from, say, Grealish went out for a throw-in.

Hide contents

A bit off topic, but just for completion, I should add that although the "Hollywood" jibes were the most frequent comment made by this fan, the comment that stayed with me in particular was made after the day's attendance was announced.

"That's rubbish. I remember when we had over 40,000 watching us against Inter Milan."

This was the pre-season friendly against Boro.

Yeah well this is the kind of div that holds court on many internet forums, claiming their opinion is as valid as anyone elses because, well...it's their opinion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Spot on

but the problem is ....I' m sure that Gardner even does that.

Westwood's performance was nothing to write home about, but based on current showing Gardner could never pull that off. I'm actually stunned at how much of a nothing player he is or has become. Everyone had such high hopes for him :(  

• Like 1