Richard Dunne

Zatman

Baker ain't ready and Clark has more clangers than Dunne in him.
Maybe I'm inferring incorrectly but I think while what you say is true, Dunne's clanger count is going up as his mobility decreases and Clark's clanger count is going down as he gains experience. Now I'm one of Dunne's bigger fans on here and I'm also glad he's still around because without him we'd have 1 solitary experienced CB in the entire squad. But (and here's where I may be inferring incorrectly) I would still have Clark as first choice and maybe have Baker & Dunne as a toss-up for first sub. Dunne has a use this season but he does represent very much the past. Clark is our future and must be allowed to become the player he can become; and must be allowed to make the mistakes so he can remove them from his game.

I'd keep Clark there even when Dunne comes back.. Dunne isn't the long term solution and will just be a short fix (fine if we are down relegation places again) but I think we'll be ok with Clark/Baker.

Plus Dunne's contract is up next summer and he will be 33 in a few days.

I doubt Dunne could cope with the pace that Villa played with at Newcastle, he'd be a spectator most of the time. And yes even in defence we closed down very quickly, not too sure Dunne's up to that to be perfectly frank

Baker ain't ready and Clark has more clangers than Dunne in him.

Difference is, Baker and Clark are both young/developing. Dunne is just a mess.

Baker has a chance, but is not ready. Clark seems to still make errors, more so than Dunne I think. Dunne has the experience, which will help the other three. Nothing about the Newcastle game would have caused Dunne any special difficulty. Wow I'm defending Dunne! I need to go for a lay down.

I doubt Dunne could cope with the pace that Villa played with at Newcastle, he'd be a spectator most of the time. And yes even in defence we closed down very quickly, not too sure Dunne's up to that to be perfectly frank

Yeah I agree with you. I think the speed of our play was also one of the possible reasons Clark was chosen over Baker.

This is exactly what I was about to write. I just can't see Dunne being able to play the Lambert way.

His experience will be vital - but limited to the training ground from now on, I reckon.

Dunne is done. End of story. The younger lads can learn off him but he is no longer an established member of the first eleven.

Dunne is done and Given isn't a given :)

Although Dunne may still have a role of sharing his knowledge of being a Premier League defender to the young and the new.

(But I imagine some may not want him trying to teach :D )

• 2 months later...

What has happened to Dunne?

He was injured over the summer and was expected to be out for about 6 weeks. 3 Months later and we've not heard a sniff about him, no hint of a return. Has he been told to stay away a la Hutton & Warnock?

What has happened to Dunne?

He was injured over the summer and was expected to be out for about 6 weeks. 3 Months later and we've not heard a sniff about him, no hint of a return. Has he been told to stay away a la Hutton & Warnock?

Fat and Drunk no doubt.

A bit like the lay off Rooney had when he cut his leg. Can't play football but managed to lose half a stone in weight.

Hutton and Warnock are probably gone in january, but I think he'll keep Dunne unless he can get another experienced but younger defender to replace him. Dunne's best days are behind him but he can still do the job if needed and his experience can be very important in spring and give confidence to the young players around him and Vlaar.

Who else could be gone? Maybe Delph, Albrighton and N'Zogbia if he can get replaments but I don't see that happening before summer.

Â