Richard Dunne

Zatman

I think Hutton, Warnock & Makoun will definately go, if offers are made.

Ireland & Delph have been picked sporadically through the season so I think they'll stay.

Given, Bent, Delfouneso, Dunne & N'Zogbia... who knows?!

Yea he had surgery I thought? There was an interview with him on AVTV a few weeks ago and back then he said he would hoping to be back in training within the next few weeks. So looks like he is on his way back now.

Yep, like a few have said he's back in training, here's an article -

http://www.expressan...t-paul-lambert/

It was initially thought the experienced centre-back would be out until the Christmas period having suffered a number of setbacks with his rehabilitation from a groin operation.

But Dunne, 33, has made good progress in the past fortnight and was given the all-clear by Villa’s medical staff to resume work the rest of the squad.

The Ireland international is unlikely to feature in the game against Manchester United at Villa Park on Saturday but is on target for a Premier League comeback later in November. “We’ll see how he is. It was only Richard’s first few days. It’s his first time (training) since the European Championships really,” said Lambert.

“Will he be back soon? I’m not sure really, because he’s got to get up to speed with the training and get some games under his belt. He’s still a wee bit away.”

And Saturday’s match-winner at Sunderland, Gabby Agbonlahor, is eyeing glory against United.

“We know it’s going to be tough but we’ve got the teamicon1.png spirit and the hard work and hopefully we can get something out of them,” said Agbonlahor.

“It’s hard, but there are upsets in football and we'll be hoping to make one.

"He said to carry on working hard and the results will come and that's what happened at Sunderland. We played the right way, the right football and the result came."

I think we are in such a state that if Dunne is fir he should partner Vlaar. I would move CC into midfield to partner Westwood, and move KEA forward into the attacking three behind Benteke, with Gabby And Ireland.

I am going to change my view a little here, I mentioned not so long ago about Dunne possibly being an experienced head that we need back in the team right now but having said that I think it would be better to have him as sub once he is back playing again for now.

After this injury combined with his age etc. I am not sure he will be up to speed to play a whole season now or maybe a full 90 minutes to begin with but for definate a great experienced sub to have to sometimes bring on in latter stages of a game to maybe keep it tight at the back, see out the win kind of cameos.

I would however play him in the early rounds of the fa cup games etc. but I just feel IMO that by the time he gets back to playing for us Vlaar and Clark will have played quite a few games with each other and It would be a shame to dismantle it if they were working well together as a unit.

Not taking away anything from Dunney as he is still a great defender to have in a team and I would keep him here even to have as experienced back up until the end of his contract.

Dunne fit for fight and in his best form partnering with Vlaar would be a very good pair of centre backs. He would also add a fair bit of the experience so many are crying out for.

On the other hand, the Dunne I saw at the Euros this summer, should not be near the Villa team. Overweight, and he must've gotten some problems with the mafia, 'cause his shoes seemed to made of concrete. And adding to that, he has no match training. I'm afraid we'll never see Dunne back in his best form again. Hope I'm wrong of course, at his best, I am in awe of him, as he is awesome.

I can see no reason to bring Dunne back into the first team if there ain't too many injuries. He hasn't looked consistantly good for a long time now and I don't expect him to after a rather long drawn injury. And with just about 8 months left on the contract and at 33 we'll probably do better in the long term if we stick to Clark and Baker.

Bar injuries i'd get him up to speed in the cup games. Then depending on how the Clark-Vlaar partnership is progressing his experience will be vital for the second part of the season if we are still threatened with relegation.

I'd actually like to see a Dunne-Vlaar partnership because i do believe they could form a very decent solid partnership for us for the rest of this season and maybe next but i can't see us keeping Dunne beyond his contract and the worry would be that Clark would do a Cahill.

Â